Type keyword(s) to search

To the surprise of absolutely no one at all, Danny and Corrine started cheating. I mean, really, they were emotionally cheating for a while now, it just moved to the physical. Grover saw it and tried to head it off, but alas, it was too late. Danny's confession about why he left Corinne was pretty heartfelt. Luke Mitchell is good at scenes like that, I think.

I really like that the show dipped its toes a bit into the idea of black therapists. There not being a black therapist for 100 whole miles for Grover to talk to felt very real. His reluctance at accepting the therapy was as well. I like it was AJ that helped him with that.

• Love 5

I am not opining on what immigration policy they should have adopted, but I find it to be bizarre that Sarah thought the only option was to vote for "open borders with a background check and 1 week probation" or "closed borders". 

Also, what is the point of the background check if finding something doesn't disqualify someone? Did they write rules for what is or is not disqualifying?

I guess they just wanted to raise the issue of how hard it is to agree on rules, without sweating the details.

---

I liked the art show. Do not think it was okay to submit his work without his permission, and would not forgive that so easily. But I liked the advice Grover gave about having an independent art show and not to internalize the opinions of people whose biases are not worthy of respect.

Also liked AJ with her dad.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I am not opining on what immigration policy they should have adopted, but I find it to be bizarre that Sarah thought the only option was to vote for "open borders with a background check and 1 week probation" or "closed borders". 

Also, what is the point of the background check if finding something doesn't disqualify someone? Did they write rules for what is or is not disqualifying?

I guess they just wanted to raise the issue of how hard it is to agree on rules, without sweating the details.

Immigration policy is way too complicated to be boiled down into a single TV episode, so I'll give them a pass on that.

I liked the art show. Do not think it was okay to submit his work without his permission, and would not forgive that so easily. But I liked the advice Grover gave about having an independent art show and not to internalize the opinions of people whose biases are not worthy of respect.

I mean, did you see the scene where they showed the sort of stuff that was made it into the art show? There was actually a photo of a flower of a vase! And they had the nerve to call his art tedious!

Also liked AJ with her dad.

Nice to see her doing something that wasn't related to Sarah or having an affair.

Edited by Diapason Untuned

Sorta of a slow episode but I'm glad that Grover is getting grief counseling/therapy. Thought it was realistic how the show did it. Aside from the building of a country The Republic of Sarah seems to thrive on character moments like Grover's, Sarah and Danny dealing with their father and Sarah always trying to make the best decisions for Greylock.  Now that I think it this ep was a character piece. Have to say that I loved the Danny & Corrine scenes. But, I think it's not gonna end well next week. 

(edited)

This country is so fucked up.  AJ, a Congress woman AND the "leader's" roomie, is running a background check on said leader's father with instructions to try and find "any reason to justify kicking him out of Greylock."  I'm not exactly sure why AJ complied, since she believes that "police should be separate from politics" (unless, apparently, you are the police and the politics involves deporting your friend’s long-lost-dad whom she is pissed off at???)   

Ah, so Danny was afraid of becoming an abuser like his POS mother.  Okay, I see why that fear would make him bolt.

I knew that something would eventually happen between Danny and Corinne, but I didn't expect it already.  That kiss shot was weird...why did the camera shoot them from behind? 😒  

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
Edited for clarification
(edited)

Can anyone explain why AJ is still a police officer? Doesn't her authority come from the state level? Or is Greylock pd it's own entity? Forgive my ignorance, in most Canadian communities the RCMP provides police services. Is the US (and by extension Greylock) different?

Edited by marinw

In the USA, police are local. I live in a tiny town (900 people) that has its own cops, but there are also state officers which handle different things. It's a mess, really.

But as far as Greylock is concerned, whatever kind of officer AJ was before secession, Greylock could have kept her on because they wanted her, since they're making up all the rules from scratch.

• Useful 1

The storyline with Grover and him accepting help/therapy was well done and well acted by Ian Duff.  The actress playing his new therapist was good too.  Also thought it was a good way to include AJ and introduce her father into it as well.

Speaking of fathers, we finally me Daddy Cooper and... well, I guess we see why both Sarah and Danny are kind of messed up, since neither one of their parents will be getting "Parent of the Year" trophies anytime soon.  I'm definitely fine with Sarah not wanting to forgive Paul for abandoning them, but I still felt it was uncomfortable any time it felt like they wanted to put on blame on him for what their mother did, because no.  I don't care if he was a cowardly dick: Ellen was the one that put her hands on Danny and abused him.  I guess Paul is sticking around, so it should be interesting if/when he and Ellen cross path agains.  Xander Berkeley was a good fit in the role.

I know immigration policy is a complicated subject, but the show once again kind of just boiled it down to two simple solutions, and didn't even explore other options.  I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at this point.

Danny and Corinne hooking back up will no doubt be trouble, but I guess I can see why it would happen and both of the actors sold it (especially Luke Mitchell when Danny finally explained why he left like he did.)

I did watch last week, but didn't comment on it because I was still kind of processing. Seeing Daddy Cooper make his way to Greylock and end up being...quite a father was something I didn't expect this quickly, especially with Mommy Cooper being away at her holistic rehab center. I do not blame Sarah one bit for not wanting to talk to him, since he did abandon them for eighteen years without any sort of contact. I don't know whether it's interesting in a good way or a bad way that both siblings have such different reactions to both parents. Sarah's still close with her abusive mother and hates her absentee father, and Danny hates his abusive mother and is more forgiving of his absentee father. I would have expected Danny to be more pissed at their father for not being there to stop their mother from the horrific years of physical and verbal abuse that Danny sustained, but I guess the show really needed Danny and Sarah to, once again, be at odds with parental support! 

The storyline with Grover was the best of the episode. I really enjoyed seeing him process his grief through his therapist. I hope this really is the start to his healing process, because he deserves to be happy.

Ah, Corrine/Danny have now officially stepped over the line of cheating by not just kissing, but by sleeping together! Seven episodes in! That's not even a record for cheating storylines, but definitely faster than I expected them to physically get together. Screw these two, I guess! They're already screwing each other! That being said, Danny opening up was a great moment. I just really wish they left it at that.

This show doesn't do well with the political issues aspect. I know, I know, I have to pretty much stretch my imagination and realize this is just a show not actually based on realistic situations.

• Love 1

The second he took off his jacket, I knew they were about to start a'fuckin. I feel bad for Danny's girlfriend, who seemed wonderful the episode we met her, and Corinne's fiance who we really have no reason not to like. I get why Danny and Corinne have unresolved issues between them. I'm not even unsympathetic to that. But I still feel bad for their current partners.