Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E012: Rescue on Ryloth

• Start Topic

I'm surprised Crosshair didn't think that the clones on Ryloth hadn't heard "Execute Order 66." Although, it would be an interesting twist to learn that they did hear it and some retained a bit of free will. 

• Love 2

Hera’s first mission! It was so realistic that she was still terrible at flying and her plan didn’t work-her and Chop have so much more to learn. I love that Omega and Hera grew pretty close. Makes me wonder if there are future plans (in other future shows) for them to be united.

I liked too that it took Howzer a little bit to get on board with breaking out his General. It was interesting how many Troopers joined him at the end. I was shocker that Crosshair didn’t murder him either (I definitely thought that shot was coming). I wonder if we’ll ever see him again. Surprised Huntl

Low bar, but proud of the show NOT killing off Eleni. In a galaxy where mother’s don’t survive as much, I was holding my breath the entire time that we would see the Empire murder her before the end of the show. 

Spoiler

I know it’s coming, I’m just pleased the show was “thanks but no thanks” and we didn’t have to witness it.

Back to Crosshair, with the extra brainwashing, do we believe the programing is faltering? He’s been missing shots, looking reflective/disappointed a couple times now. Is this paired with Howzer’s rebellion the start of the Clones rebelling against their programing?

I’m wondering how many times Hunter has to hear about family, being loyal to the ones you love before we finally see him go on the offensive to get Crosshair back. I hate that they haven’t actually talked about Crosshair since Wrecker said he missed him. I’m hoping things change the last couple of episodes!

• Love 2
(edited)

Seeing Hera piloting for the first time was a treat - even if Tech was less impressed LOL! And he taught her how to scramble a signal! I guess we won't be seeing her and Chopper again but I really enjoyed getting a bit more info on her background.

Howzer and the Troopers who followed his call will only add to Admiral Rampart's dislike of using clones. But it was interesting to see that more Regs than just Rex were starting to have doubts. I wish they had addressed Order66 - maybe that was the starting point for Howzer. I wonder if we'll get to see what happens to him and the others. Hunter hesitated for a moment when Howzer told them to leave - maybe that was more than just a character beat and he won't let this go.

But for that to happen I think the Bad Batch should sit down for a moment and have a serious talk about who they are and what they intend to do. I agree with various reviewers who think it's time for the team stop reacting and get pro-active. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I agree with various reviewers who think it's time for the team stop reacting and get pro-active. 

A good idea, but they just put themselves on top of The Most Wanted List... The action is coming to them... Some Empire flunky will connect Cid to The Batch 

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
(edited)

According to Wookipedia, in the Syndulla clan article…

“5,929 members of the clan were taken as slaves for the Hutts.”

That is so messed up, and we saw the beginnings of it here.

Orn Free Taa was may have ended up being a puppet to the Emperor, but his anti-Chamism push help set that off.

Rebels Spoilers…

Poor little Hera and her jealousy of Omega for having brothers. One episode mentioned that she had a brother who died young. I wonder if he was older, and she’s looking at what could have been with Omega.

Edited by Meushell
  • Love 2