Type keyword(s) to search

Catfish - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I actually felt bad for Zack, and that's rare for this show. He wasn't doing anything differently than most of us do when it comes to online dating, and he didn't seem like the typical moron they usually profile. I had no idea that criminals were using dating sites to set people up for robberies. 

With the catfisher duo, fuck both of them. His half-assed explanation about driving traffic to OnlyFans was total BS. I'm sure his only "business" is scamming people, and they didn't seem remorseful at all.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

With the Zack episode, at least it seemed like a legit Catfish scenario. An actual innocent guy suckered by a couple despicable people. That's unlike some recent episodes that seemed not so legit and just manufactured for the show.

• Like 1

A chest tattoo of the name of someone you haven't even met? That reeks of desperation and neediness. But she didn't look like someone with a history of good decisions. 

That giggling, smiling, "aw shucks I don't know what to say!" is perhaps the most maddening response from a catfish. Worse than the ones who are just flat out unrepentant.

(Alternate comment: Did they know each other, Lillian is from a past girlfriend, and they faked it all? Have to be so suspicious these days.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/16/2023 at 2:24 PM, cmfran said:

I actually felt bad for Zack, and that's rare for this show. He wasn't doing anything differently than most of us do when it comes to online dating, and he didn't seem like the typical moron they usually profile. I had no idea that criminals were using dating sites to set people up for robberies. 

With the catfisher duo, fuck both of them. His half-assed explanation about driving traffic to OnlyFans was total BS. I'm sure his only "business" is scamming people, and they didn't seem remorseful at all.

They seemed like junkies to me.  Chipotle being code for the next fix.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

The unresolved story with "Boulevard" was odd. I thought the producers already sussed out the real culprits and story line before Nev played catch-up for the cameras. Surprising they would go ahead with a story that has no payoff.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Tango64 said:

The unresolved story with "Boulevard" was odd. I thought the producers already sussed out the real culprits and story line before Nev played catch-up for the cameras. Surprising they would go ahead with a story that has no payoff.

Nev let those 3 off the hook pretty easily. Why didn't he push harder on the CashApp account that was linked to the mom's name? It just seems like a waste to go that far, then let the catfishers say "nah, I don't wanna talk about this anymore." 

The catfishee seemed pretty dumb, as usual. But I have to wonder about someone (the catfisher) who would be totally fine with him ready to pull the trigger on MOVING to their town and not putting a stop to it before it happens. 

Strangely, I don't see this ep listed on IMDB anymore.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I almost get the feeling that the mom or someone else told the producers to break it off, that’s all you’re getting. In the pre-Nev investigation the producers might have gotten the whole story, but then the people refused to go through with it on camera and left it with, “So sue me.”

• Like 1

Nev is a TERRIBLE investigator with ZERO observation skills!!! Maybe he should take a course, but he'd probably forget it. Kamie would've gotten it!!! Nobody caught the daughter's reaction to the guy saying she sounded like the person he was talking to??? Ask her about a specific game they played? Show the messages & pics! Obviously she didn't want him in her house so he wouldn't hear her mother's voice! Nev didn't catch the mom saying "weird" like in the texts! How about simply CALLING/TEXTING the number the guy's been communicating with while in her face?!!! DUHHHH!!! Ask what card paid for the hotel? Ask Kellie for proof of the mom's offer. This is basic stuff!!!!!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Nev is a TERRIBLE investigator with ZERO observation skills!!! Maybe he should take a course, but he'd probably forget it. Kamie would've gotten it!!! Nobody caught the daughter's reaction to the guy saying she sounded like the person he was talking to??? Ask her about a specific game they played? Show the messages & pics! Obviously she didn't want him in her house so he wouldn't hear her mother's voice! Nev didn't catch the mom saying "weird" like in the texts! How about simply CALLING/TEXTING the number the guy's been communicating with while in her face?!!! DUHHHH!!! Ask what card paid for the hotel? Ask Kellie for proof of the mom's offer. This is basic stuff!!!!!

Agree. It’s all so elemental if they wanted to solve the mystery. That’s why I think they just got called off and told to go away. The producers told Nev, “They’re not budging and getting pretty hostile. We’ll have to leave and let legal take it from here.”

Edited by Tango64
Typo
  • Like 2

ANOTHER one with bad teeth??? That brings the count to 2! Bad teeth: 2. Bad tattoos: 2. Hey, 1 of them had bad teeth & a fake name tattooed. 🤣🤣 I knew things wouldn't change with them. She's too "busy." 🙄

• Like 1

Wowww. Nev knows how to text the # the person is communicating with??? Would you look at that?!! I knew it wasn't him & how dysfunctional is the fiancee? She doesn't trust him, so WHY IS SHE WITH HIM??? No self love, self respect, or self esteem... Idk whether to think it's messed up of the the guys to not cut & tell her her eyeliner transferred or good they kept it authentic & kept rolling. 🤔 So unfortunate... Damn. Now people gotta worry about friends' family members overhearing a name & pretending to be that person?!! I wonder if she even spoke with him in the 1st place. Sounds like there were no plans to do anything & she built it up in her head. They should've showed the messages. Per usual, they didn't identify the catfish. 😒

What a HIDEOUS WEIRDO!!!! How dare he drag some innocent, good-looking husband into his mess! WTF was he talking about "video game"?!! He was playing with her & wanted to continue playing. WHAT WAS THE ENDGAME??!!!!

• Like 2

HOW'D that change so fast?!! One second she was done with it, the next she said she's okay being played with?!!! 🤨 I really could've done without her "phone" share. I'm more interested in her having KIDS & no one even said she had one! What'd she say about ghosting in ATL??? Sounds like a typical case of building it up in her mind & now settling for whatever she can get. She really should've stopped asking why she's being negative, it's OBVIOUS!!! I'm shocked they're talking more.

• Like 1
On 12/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, Lindz said:

ANOTHER one with bad teeth??? That brings the count to 2! Bad teeth: 2. Bad tattoos: 2. Hey, 1 of them had bad teeth & a fake name tattooed. 🤣🤣 I knew things wouldn't change with them. She's too "busy." 🙄

Nev is such a hype man. When they were all sitting in the living room, and Nev said something like, "You two seem to be getting along very well", it had to have been clear to him that there was actually nothing between them. And then when they were leaving, the girl actually said, "We have chemistry"...only if by "chemistry" you mean "extreme awkwardness" and "seem like distant relatives"!

• Wink 1
On 12/14/2023 at 12:52 AM, Lindz said:

I knew it wasn't him & how dysfunctional is the fiancee? She doesn't trust him, so WHY IS SHE WITH HIM??? No self love, self respect, or self esteem... 

Seriously, what is wrong with that fiancee, that she is trying to swat down all the flies rather than just stop being with the sh*t?