Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Table for Four

• Start Topic

Its too bad that Felix and Lake split, I really like them as a couple. I am really enjoying this season so far, all the relationship drama is actually pretty understandable and not just based on misunderstandings or people being jerks. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

ll the relationship drama is actually pretty understandable and not just based on misunderstandings or people being jerks

That's a great insight! It's probably why I like it so much. I am really REALLY overdosed on random bullshit and angst for angst's sake. But these people are having real conflicts despite TRYING. It's much more compelling.

• Love 6

I feel sad about Lake and Felix, but I can understand both sides on this, so I don't have a solution whether it should have been done differently.

I was worried that Victor might hook up with Rahim, because that's what often happens on TV after a minor fight, so I was glad they didn't. Hope I'm not jinxing it.

• Love 1

Well I knew his mom was going to walk in on them. That's how my best friend found out for sure her son was gay. We already pretty much knew but it was traumatizing for her because nobody wants to see their baby having sex. You know it's happening but you dont want to see it! So I will actually cut her some slack if she's upset in the next episode.

I love that Felix went and heard Lake out, accepted her apology but still did what he felt he needed to without being an asshole about it. I just love that character. I believe he acts in a more mature way than usual for his age because of what he's going through with his mom. My niece was like that. She went through some messed up stuff but she's such a level headed young lady.

• Love 4

Definitely lost some respect for Benji after this one. I can understand him being embarrassed about being in AA and not wanting Victor to know about it (or find out the way he did) but being so rude to Victor right after was unnecessarily hurtful. He could've - and should've - found a better way to communicate those feelings to Victor that would've helped them become stronger as a couple, rather than putting distance between them.

And I call BS on him bitching about being tired of every milestone since coming out is a big deal to Victor. He KNEW what he was getting into when he decided to be with Victor. And even if it's harder to deal with dating than he expected, no need to be such an asshole about it.

Isabel, just stay for the damn meeting!

Sorry to see the end of Lake and Felix, as they're surprisingly adorable, but I can understand how it came about. They've done a good job of Felix's story, it adds a nice depth to the show.

• Love 4

The second Victor said he took some champagne from his parents I thought “Doesnt Benji have a suspended license for a DUI? Isn’t he sober?” And then I thought “It’s Portia from Bicentennial Man!!!”

I understand Felix is upset (he has carried too much for too long), but I thought Mia didn’t handle the convo with Lake well. Lake was right to do what she did- and Felix may never get over it, but that doesn’t mean Lake was wrong. I liked their convo at the aquarium. Considering I went though something similar with my big cousin I get it. Andrew is slowly redeeming himself. 

Isabel left the PFLAG meeting because she was jealous her husband was talking to another woman? PFLAG is not the way to get your husband back- it’s the way to be a better Mom to your son, if it helps your marriage that’s just a bonus. Why didn’t she go to the meeting?? She’s being pretty self absorbed I think, especially considering she’s the one who cheated. No I am not making her a villain for cheating, but there are consequences for everything, the marriage may be irrevocably broken. I just don’t get why she’s so self righteous. 

On 6/16/2021 at 9:14 PM, festivus said:

Well I knew his mom was going to walk in on them. That's how my best friend found out for sure her son was gay. We already pretty much knew but it was traumatizing for her because nobody wants to see their baby having sex. You know it's happening but you dont want to see it! So I will actually cut her some slack if she's upset in the next episode.

Oh yeah- NO ONE wants to see that. I could see any parent being traumatized. Especially if there was a house rule that Victor broke about having people in his room (Victor should of course obey house rules living under someone else’s roof). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I would think that the first house rule would be not to enter another person's room without knocking. But I know that some parents have strange (at least to me) ideas about their kids' privacy (i.e. that they don't deserve it).

I def think Victor deserves his privacy- his Mom should’ve knocked (what if he had been changing or masturbating!!), but I think she didn’t knock because she didn’t think he was home. 

The not knocking could’ve been an honest mistake. 

21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I def think Victor deserves his privacy- his Mom should’ve knocked (what if he had been changing or masturbating!!), but I think she didn’t knock because she didn’t think he was home. 

The not knocking could’ve been an honest mistake. 

Could be. It's been a while, so I don't remember why she went there in the first place.