Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I wonder if this means that we’re also not going to see any more of Nina & Scola crossing over, cause that could either cut into the actors’ episode count or add to the budget.

The producers and Scola actors could do 19+1 as a fan service.

Season 5 Finale:

Powderfinger - The Fugitive Task Force races to catch the culprit threatening Manhattan with a dirty bomb. Meanwhile, Ray prepares to celebrate a major life milestone as his wedding to Cora approaches.

Air Date: May 21, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dylan McDermott as Supervisory Special Agent Remy Scott and Susan Misner as Abby Deaver in season 5 episode 13.

I'm binging this show, after first binging the mother ship. I decided I like Most Wanted better, and realized it's because there's more interesting scenes since this team gets to leave 26 Fed. I like Jeremy Sisto, but one can only bring so much vibrancy to barking orders at tech nerds in the same room every week.

I don't know if you longtime watchers will remember this, but did you know Remy's brother was killed when he was 18? I figured I'd bring it up, since they were so subtle about it after he joined the show. 🤪

I do find it odd how this show memory holes cast members. I appreciate turnover because jobs like this have to have turnover and it makes it seem pretty real, but Jess's in-laws, Ivan, Hanna's brother, Kristin just disappearing. It's a lot when you watch the eps all in a row.

To bring this up to date, normally I'd suspect Hanna's new boyfriend to be in some sort of cahoots with her momentary roommate, but since this show has no problems ditching characters, I don't know what to think.

Also, I'm a thousand percent over Sheryl and Charlotte. Get divorced already.

• Like 5

Glad that Ray's wedding went off without a mass casualty event. Still very suspicious of Hana's new boyfriend. 

• Like 8

Really strong finale - this is my favorite of the FBI shows, it has the best cases and a strong cast of characters.   
Very interesting case with how the crash turned out to be caused by negligence and the company wanted to cover it up and the bomber wanted to expose it. Good complex plot. The bomber started out wanting to do the right thing but he lost all sympathy from me by killing the investigator who was an innocent witness and endangering civilians with his bombs. I liked Remy’s confrontation with the evil boss lady - while she was something of a cartoon villain, it was satisfying to see Remy take her down and the disgust Remy has for some of the perps is great.   
Ray’s wedding was a nice way to end the season and I’m also glad it went off without any tragedy occurring and that the season didn’t end on a cliffhanger. I figured the lawyer Remy hooked up with in Missouri would be back, and like others I’m still suspicious of Hana’s friend Ethan, something about that dude seems a bit odd but who knows. Interesting how Remy and Barnes relationship has evolved - they got off to a rocky start but they confided in each other a couple of times this season. The wedding was a nice upbeat ending to the season for a show that can get very dark at times. This show really has hit its stride the last couple of seasons and has excellent cases and the team really gels together nicely. Like I said it’s my favorite of the 3 FBIs and I look forward to season 6

• Like 9

I realize I was confused about the whistleblower and the killer of the reporter. Who hired that hit man?  Did that ever get linked to Gaskins?  

I agree the air Marshall is weird. 

• Like 1

This was a really good finale with an interesting case. The best thing they have done this season is tone Remy down a bit because last season I found him insufferable. Nothing highlights this more than his relationship with Barnes. Nina has also been good add to the team's chemistry. Glad Ray's wedding went off without a hitch because he's my favorite and I love his father too. The actor playing Han's boyfriend is really good because he's giving off strong creep/weird vibes without being too obvious. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I realize I was confused about the whistleblower and the killer of the reporter. Who hired that hit man?  Did that ever get linked to Gaskins?  

I agree the air Marshall is weird. 

Yes they linked it to the company - the ex military criminal dude who killed the reporter turned on the woman - Remy told her that when he confronted her on the plane. 

• Thanks 1

A few of "my" shows have had sad season endings, so Ray's New Orleans Jazz wedding stroll was an unexpected delight!  

I agree that a toned-down Remy is easier to watch and also allows the other members of his team to shine. I kept expecting someone to recognize the air marshall as a bad dude and was relieved that didn't happen,at least for now.

A season-ending without a cliffhanger and with a beautiful wedding, who could ask for anything more?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, tessabq said:

A season-ending without a cliffhanger and with a beautiful wedding, who could ask for anything more?

Agree! And can I also add, a wedding that actually reflects the couple knowing people outside of the regular cast? So often shows create a situation where there are no other friends or family members present.  Or last minute issues where one of the main characters ends up having to give away the bride lol. So it was nice to see a lovely wedding where none of that happened!

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

S05•E13 - Powderfinger

Is FBI Most Wanted taking a shot at Boeing? 🤔

The COTW is compelling but it’s tarnished by Remy’s cartoonish act at the end when he’s confronting Ms. Gaskins in her private jet. It’s so OTT.

I hope the drama surrounding Sheryll/Charlotte will not continue into next season. Let them be divorced and able to settle their custody arrangement off screen.

It’s a nice touch to have NOLA influences in Ray/Cora wedding. Told ya, Ray Cannon Sr. is more fun and interesting than Ray Cannon Jr.

Ethan tends to drink a lot. Is he an alcoholic?

FBI universe has no problem with its 2 agents being together but is not committed enough to let them exist in their partner’s show for believability. Okay. 🙄

• Like 2

Ally Walker on my screen!  I will always take her in whatever form I can get, good guy (gal) or villain.

Also great to see the Asian guy from "Jury Duty" as the Head of HR!  Hahaha, don't bet money on board games with him.

Remy - "I want to let you fly to Rio, just to see how confident you are in your hydraulic fluid.  But Agent Chase and I have to get to a wedding.  Where my date will be a woman I have gone all the way with, thank you very much."

Gaskins - "OK, I confess!  Just stop talking!  We should all know less about each other."

You don't pay Michael Raymond-James just to be a temporary love interest.  Will he be Air Marshal turned fugitive next season?  Is he even really an Air Marshal???

Really fun ending scene!

• Like 2
On 5/22/2024 at 9:30 AM, tessabq said:

I agree that a toned-down Remy is easier to watch and also allows the other members of his team to shine.

I don't know about toned down.   Did you see that russet suede duster?  I was like WTF, lol.  I'm not even sure it fit him properly.

And did he really say, "We went all the way."  I haven't heard that since senior year of high school. 

It's too bad the evil corporate woman didn't turn to Remy and sarcastically say, "Ooh, burn" when he called her "jackal."

The wedding was nice although I kept expecting tragedy.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't know about toned down.   Did you see that russet suede duster?  I was like WTF, lol.  I'm not even sure it fit him properly.

And did he really say, "We went all the way."  I haven't heard that since senior year of high school. 

It's too bad the evil corporate woman didn't turn to Remy and sarcastically say, "Ooh, burn" when he called her "jackal."

The wedding was nice although I kept expecting tragedy.

I agree about the suede duster; my parents' kitchen countertops were that color in 1967! LOL  

• LOL 1
On 5/24/2024 at 12:51 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

S05•E13 - Powderfinger

FBI universe has no problem with its 2 agents being together but is not committed enough to let them exist in their partner’s show for believability. Okay. 🙄

Do you mean Scola and Nina?  Do the shows film near each other?  I'm just wondering about the logistics of having one actor get to the set of the other and maybe the actor's fees for being on two shows, unless it's one of those crossover episodes.  Since I don't know the answers to that, I don't know if it has anything to do with why, but it's what I always assume.

• Like 2

Dick Wolf has the same set up on two of his other shows - Chicago Fire & Chicago PD. I only watch PD, but it feels like they’ve barely mentioned her partner since the season they were first married. I’m curious to see if something similar happens here.