Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Holding The Wrench

• Start Topic

On 6/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

Loved it. Great episode. ET was amazing.

Did wonder why Lois didn't tell both Jonathan and Jordan about their sister/the miscarriage at the same time, though. I mean I can kind of understand why (both for dramatic purposes as well as it being Lois' way of connecting with Jonathan about what took place). I just hope that they also told Emo-boy as well off-screen.

I think because it was more about being an apology to Jonathan than telling them about the miscarriage? Lois brought in the miscarriage to explain why she reacted the way she did and said the things she did - and then added that it still didn't excuse her words.  I think she's not trying to make it about her and her pain but give him a perspective on why she was so angry with him. It's right that this was a private one on one moment between them because it was about what happened earlier between them and Jordan was not involved in that.

I am pretty sure Jonathan went up soon afterwards and spilled the beans to his brother. They seem to talk about everything and between the audition scenes and being back at the Kent farm, it does look like Jon told Jordan everything that had happened and what he saw in the RV van with respect to alt-Lois and Natalie. A lot of these conversations seem to happen offscreen, but yeah, it would have been nice to see Jordan's reaction to this whole alternate universe deal and his alt sister Natalie.

• Love 2

This show, man. 

I don't have much to add, but I love the tie in between Lois's comment to Jon about them being Hero Support (Sky High, anyone?) for the superpowered members of the family. I also loved that we got to see the connection between Lois and Jon being strengthened, even as the bond between Jordan and Jon remains strong. Jon telling Jordan he was all he had, and Jordan's earnest response was really great. I liked that we got needed focus on Jon's situation this week. 

I actually felt more sympathy for the General after this episode. I think his "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" strategy/attitude absolutely makes sense from a military perspective. But I appreciated his acknowledgment that he'd lost Clark's trust because of it and that he'd have a lot of work to do to get it back. 

Excellent, excellent episode. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, bethy said:

I actually felt more sympathy for the General after this episode. I think his "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" strategy/attitude absolutely makes sense from a military perspective. But I appreciated his acknowledgment that he'd lost Clark's trust because of it and that he'd have a lot of work to do to get it back. 

On Supergirl, the first two season finales had Clark mind controlled. We've seen Kara out of control and dangerous at least twice, not to mention the other evil Kryptonians out there. There is a reason Oliver Queen and Kate Kane had Kryptonite, and it's best in the hands of someone the heroes can trust. Sam should absolutely have Kryptonite weaponry available. He should be the one he can trust to help protect the Lane/Kent family since they're at an increased risk of Kryptonian attack. Now the rate at which it should be available to the rest of the Department of Defense is another matter, especially since they haven't shown the best judgment and/or security with it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, bettername2come said:

On Supergirl, the first two season finales had Clark mind controlled. We've seen Kara out of control and dangerous at least twice, not to mention the other evil Kryptonians out there. There is a reason Oliver Queen and Kate Kane had Kryptonite, and it's best in the hands of someone the heroes can trust. Sam should absolutely have Kryptonite weaponry available. He should be the one he can trust to help protect the Lane/Kent family since they're at an increased risk of Kryptonian attack. Now the rate at which it should be available to the rest of the Department of Defense is another matter, especially since they haven't shown the best judgment and/or security with it.

If it rxists it will be reproduced. True of nuclear subs and kryptonite weapons. 

Late thought: if Section 5 is an anti-Superman lab, it should have permanent, always-on red sun lamps. Man, everyone from JHI to Sam Lane says they’re ready to take Supes out if necessary but they’re so bad at it.

• LOL 2

I can kind of see what Sara treats Kyle with side eye the majority of the time. I had thought she was being harsh on him but she finally gave him inch and he really let her down.

I feel for him though. It’s clear he cares a lot about his town and family but struggles with not being taken seriously by his wife. 

So is Natalie dead? I missed that part.

Edited by Avabelle

I wondered if Lois was telling somebody else’s story (particularly as we saw Clark get all ragey over JHI's attacks) to her psychiatrist to protect Clark's secret identity, but it seemed she was "In the know".

Liked Kyle being shown as a supportive dad (even if he let her down at the end). But I was surprised Lana didn’t say she didn't think Kyle would cope well with the pressure of the Evil Executive program. Kyle would still (probably) have reacted badly to that, but it wouldn't be unreasonable.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:36 AM, bettername2come said:

Sam should absolutely have Kryptonite weaponry available

It was funny seeing Sam being the reasonable one, whose first instinct wasn't to immediately torture everyone.

On 2/1/2022 at 9:21 PM, Avabelle said:

So is Natalie dead?

I don’t think so (not that we’ve seen). And comic book lore says “If you don’t see the body (and frequently, even if you do), they’re not dead”.