Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Banded Argiope Spider

• Start Topic

It’s Barb’s birthday and, of course, she’s depressed. Genevieve takes her to a party in the woods to attempt to turn things around.

Airdate: May 20, 2021

Here's the description my DVR gives - it is just in line with this weird whacky show

Genevieve changes the narrative; Alex wants some time for self-care; Matilda speaks from the heart; Oscar does something crazy.

I was hoping Drea would say no. I don't want her to get her heart broken because Matilda is trying to fill the Juilliard hole. 

The Nicholas/Alex breakup was brutal. It would be very hard being in a relationship with Nicholas, but I think Alex is wrong about Nicholas not loving him. Nicholas is just not great with emotions. 

I didn't care for Genevieve's storyline. 

• Love 3

The breakup seemed inevitable, but it was still really hard to watch. I agree that Nicholas would be very difficult to live with, but that he does love Alex the best way he knows how. I wonder if they might use Josh Thomas' recent realization that he's on the spectrum to frame the storyline for Alex and Nicholas, and have them come to a new understanding, and not break up 

On the other hand, anyone who watched Please Like Me (and anyone who hasn't really really should) knows that Thomas is not afraid to get dark and real and sad, so the breakup might really stick

I thought Drea would say no too. 

• Love 4

I felt bad for Nicholas in that break up scene. He may not always be great to Alex, but Alex hasn't said he wants to break up or seriously expressed his concerns. 

Barb makes me laugh, but she would be quite hard to deal with as a friend. 

I thought Drea would say no. It was a romantic proposal though....and I loved how Matilda came up with a tent since she wanted it to be public and knew Drea would not like that. Compromise is important in relationships.

I was really not that sympathetic to Alex. He never actually told Nicholas he was unhappy. He just stewed. He's the typical person who never speaks up and then feels like a victim because no one reads their mind. And just a little while ago he was saying he was happy-- like when he said he could have a wealthier boyfriend if he wanted one. 

Nicholas can be a bit self-absorbed. But Alex didn't even try.

I thought Genevieve was pretty unlikable this episode, but I also thought she was a pretty typical teen, and I didn't like any of the kids in her story this week. So maybe I'm just sick of that entire age group.

I was surprised Drea said yes. Also disappointed. But I did like that Matilda was being thoughtful about how to have a proposal that met her own AND Drea's criteria. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Evie said:

I was hoping Drea would say no. I don't want her to get her heart broken because Matilda is trying to fill the Juilliard hole. 

The Nicholas/Alex breakup was brutal. It would be very hard being in a relationship with Nicholas, but I think Alex is wrong about Nicholas not loving him. Nicholas is just not great with emotions. 

I didn't care for Genevieve's storyline. 

There's always time for one or both to get cold feet.

That Nicholas/Alex breakup was rough - I hope they get back together and have a better relationship after that, because I just love those two together.

Genevieve's storyline was... odd, but she was being a typical teenager.

• Love 1

That break up was hard to watch. Being in a relationship with Nicholas would be tough, he's terrible with expressing feelings, but Alex was at fault in this break up as well. If he was so unhappy he should have said something and not expected Nicholas to read his mind, especially because he knows that Nicholas doesn't always read subtleties very well. I also think he was wrong about Nicholas not loving him, I think he does in his way, he just struggles with showing it. I hope they can make it work and can have a real talk, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed broken up either. 

I cant imagine that Drea and Matilda will make it to the wedding. 

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That break up was hard to watch. Being in a relationship with Nicholas would be tough, he's terrible with expressing feelings, but Alex was at fault in this break up as well. If he was so unhappy he should have said something and not expected Nicholas to read his mind, especially because he knows that Nicholas doesn't always read subtleties very well. I also think he was wrong about Nicholas not loving him, I think he does in his way, he just struggles with showing it. I hope they can make it work and can have a real talk, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed broken up either. 

I cant imagine that Drea and Matilda will make it to the wedding. 

I just hope if Drea-Matilda end up not getting married, it goes smoothly, Drea is an awesome character

• Love 2