Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E11: The Knockouts Part 2

• Start Topic

If zero of the 4 singing for the save crack 30%, can we just eliminate them all?

Each time the show comes back to Gihanna, I get more and more mystified. IMO she was one of the 3 weakest artists to get any chair to turn. She has about the least unique voice you can possibly describe. I guess she has being 17 going for her, but that's literally it.

Wow, Connor came in with one of the worst KO performances in Voice history. I think If he had been up against anyone other than Cam I think they would've put him out of his misery quietly with a montage (preferably one where you didn't hear a note from him)..

10 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

If zero of the 4 singing for the save crack 30%, can we just eliminate them all?

Each time the show comes back to Gihanna, I get more and more mystified. IMO she was one of the 3 weakest artists to get any chair to turn. She has about the least unique voice you can possibly describe. I guess she has being 17 going for her, but that's literally it.

Wow, Connor came in with one of the worst KO performances in Voice history. I think If he had been up against anyone other than Cam I think they would've put him out of his misery quietly with a montage (preferably one where you didn't hear a note from him)..

He didn’t even get the ‘ judges, Connor is available to steal’

Cam is a force.   I didn’t know he had so much experience which is helping.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Youngblood is one of my favorite songs and Connor pretty much destroyed my ever wanting to listen to it again. Not sure if I can permanently erase it from my memory. Damn you Connor!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Yeah, Raine going from one of the most interesting Blind Auditions to needing Nick to bail her out in her battle to losing the only montaged KO to a guy who looks like a minor character in Zoolander is one of the biggest "falls" a contestant could have..

In an alternate universe, I wish one of the judges would've asked Zania a more graceful version of "So what?". Of course she's going to kill an Aretha song. If you can kill an Aretha song, why can't you try to prove you could kill a H.E.R. song? In the grand scheme of things (keeping up the delusion that Zania really wants to be a relevant artist in 2021 beyond her time on The Voice) what did that prove? I don't want to be age-ist, but I think if you are going to come on The Voice in your mid 30s or above the burden of proof falls on the artist to show they can be relevant now. Pete tried to show that his voice could accomplish that by doing a Lewis Capaldi song in his KO against Andrew. It's also annoying because two artists (Ciana a little more than Rio) took on extremely modern, extremely difficult to sing songs...did well on them and they both comfortably lose to artists in the 30s doing throwback songs that in the grand scheme of things mean nothing outside the context of the Voice..

• Love 2
20 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Connor was horrible.  Cam was going to win anyway but at least, he could have had a decent performance.  The judges were kind to him.

7 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

What did Raine Stern due to tic off producers?  2 seconds of air time?   There was no fluff they could have cut to give her a better send off?

I would have rather watched her performance than Connor.

7 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Yeah, Raine going from one of the most interesting Blind Auditions to needing Nick to bail her out in her battle to losing the only montaged KO to a guy who looks like a minor character in Zoolander is one of the biggest "falls" a contestant could have..

I'm really disappointed.  I loved her blind!!  She did lose her battle but I understood Nick's reasoning to save her.  As I wrote above, I still would have rather seen her KO vs. Connor.

I don't know why Nick keeps saving Rachel and why Blake encourages him to do so.  Zae won the KO easily over her.

Ehh on all four Save contestants.  I did like Savannah in the battle round so I guess I'm rooting for her.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

What did Raine Stern due to tic off producers?  2 seconds of air time?   There was no fluff they could have cut to give her a better send off?

Was the performance that bad? Is it on YouTube?

never heard of the song Youngblood but I have no interest in hearing it at all now.

so is Blake going to win this with Cam or his ex band Mate?  I swear those are the only two that stand out to me.

• Love 1

Nick, what are doing, you don't let your 4 chair turn go!

Cam was the winner of the night for me. I loved the way he sang that song.

My second favorite was Anna Grace. She has such a pretty voice.

I'm sorry Kellie but I thought Avery was way better then mullet head, sorry to anyone that may still have a mullet. I never cared for that style even when it was in style. Avery has a voice that makes me want to listen, he could sing love songs all day long with his tone. Plus, he has pretty eyes :-)

I wish these singer wouldn't embellish their songs so much. Listen to Gladys Knight and the Pips sing If I Was Your Woman. I remember listening to Motown and I don't remember a lot of yelling or runs just really great music.

4 way knock-out for me, team Nick or John. I thought team Blake was the worse and I didn't understand Kellie praise for her singers low notes. I thought she sounded terrible until she went big then she sounded like the lead singer of a rock band.

• Useful 1

foxfreakinmulder, I agree with you on Savannah. I think Kelly sort of self-sabotaged her Save candidate giving her that weird "Make it more intimate" feedback in the session with Snoop. I'm not sure Savannah totally knew what to do that or how to translate that into a 100 second performance of Black Hole Sun. I do agree, when she finally let her rock voice fully fly....it sounded pretty good (I'd still give Casey Bishop on AI a couple weeks ago a slight edge with her version of BHS). My fear is since, nobody really stood out...Blake's legion of fans who vote for him regardless of contestant might push Emma Caroline slightly ahead in a close 4 way vote split. She's the only real female country voice left (I don't consider Rachel Mac's voice country at all) which also might help her out in a close vote too.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

foxfreakinmulder, I agree with you on Savannah. I think Kelly sort of self-sabotaged her Save candidate giving her that weird "Make it more intimate" feedback in the session with Snoop. I'm not sure Savannah totally knew what to do that or how to translate that into a 100 second performance of Black Hole Sun. I do agree, when she finally let her rock voice fully fly....it sounded pretty good (I'd still give Casey Bishop on AI a couple weeks ago a slight edge with her version of BHS). My fear is since, nobody really stood out...Blake's legion of fans who vote for him regardless of contestant might push Emma Caroline slightly ahead in a close 4 way vote split. She's the only real female country voice left (I don't consider Rachel Mac's voice country at all) which also might help her out in a close vote too.

I hope Emma Caroline doesn't win because I agree with foxfrekinmulder that she was the worst out of the four.  But Blake does have a lot of fans.

• Love 2