Type keyword(s) to search

Race To The Center Of The Earth - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sierra and Jon were relieved Autumn took herself out of the race, it was hers to call...no sucking it up for her, tho.

At least she crashed early into the bike ride before the rocky scree... her vajayjay thanked her later...

Paul was awesome, I hope he get promoted to VP in the Denver company, he was the true leader of team NA.

Dave and Mindy looked to him to keep them on course, to be the buffer when they butted heads, to hold their hands.

Paul did shine because he was physically strong and mentally level headed.

Dave, give him a big raise and a corner office.

Russian Team's bad gps reading was too big of a mistake to rebound from and win.

But at least it was self inflicted.

It wasn't that close..

The winners had collected the packets of money, paddled off the buoy and out of sight before Team NA could get their final watercraft launched...they only saw the buoy...

The winners...The Seattle Teachers...

Jay (Baby Tom Selleck) cramped so badly you could feel it through the screen.

Calm and steady leader James had his hands full handling his bestie's bromantic emotions.

Jay resented Marilina in the beginning because he saw her as the third wheel and intruder requisite female.

But it was Marilina that proved to be the heart of the team.

While Marilina was a decade or more older than other cast members she was deceivingly strong, mentally tougher than both Jay and James and was the consummate team player.

I'm in for a Season 2.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2

Marilina showed her badassery over and over again. For that reason I'm not utterly furious that they won. I was all for team North America all the way and mad they lost. 

My boss is a skilled and fearless mountain biker, and she frequently comes in to work bruised and battered after a weekend on the trails. That biking segment was BRUTAL. 

Oh, surprise surprise, Autumn is injured. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Marilina showed her badassery over and over again. For that reason I'm not utterly furious that they won. I was all for team North America all the way and mad they lost. 

Oh, surprise surprise, Autumn is injured. 

Marilina impressed me over and over, so I am very happy for her. If team North America didn't win, I'm glad team Southeast Asia did.

I was shocked that team Russia's navigation was so bad, and they didn't realize they were going the wrong way when they saw team NA on the course.

Interesting how Autumn's wrist wasn't bandaged in any way during her talking heads, and she was moving it effortlessly. Whatever "injury" she had couldn't have been that severe. Marilina shake off a dislocated finger, and Angie work through her knee injury - those are some badass women.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, jpgr said:

Marilina impressed me over and over, so I am very happy for her. If team North America didn't win, I'm glad team Southeast Asia did.

I was shocked that team Russia's navigation was so bad, and they didn't realize they were going the wrong way when they saw team NA on the course.

Interesting how Autumn's wrist wasn't bandaged in any way during her talking heads, and she was moving it effortlessly. Whatever "injury" she had couldn't have been that severe. Marilina shake off a dislocated finger, and Angie work through her knee injury - those are some badass women.

If Team Russia had decided to follow Team NA when they came face to face on the bike trail they would have saved themselves from riding twice the requisite distance for that leg...they had a chance to lessen their morning gps misread but true to themselves they rode their own race.

Team Russia figured they were in first place so didn't expect to see any teams.

Team SE Asia figured the reason they never saw Team Russia was because they were so far ahead of everyone and out of sight.

Team SE Asia were stunned when there were 4 piles of camping gear waiting for them at the rest stop.

If I were an evil thinking person, I would think Autumn took herself out of the scary bike ride by not getting the medic to wrap her wrist to stabilize it and getting back on the bike...at least try to ride on and finish.

Marilina never mentioned her finger once the medic popped it back in place.

Angie tweaked her unstable knee and Mindy rolled her ankle but barely broke their strides...

When the going gets tough, the tough get going....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3

Most annoying competitor?

Autumn wins, far and away, nobody even close to her. BUT ... she's responsible for my favorite line of the whole show:

"my vagina hurts so bad, you guys!"

For the rest of her whinging, whining life, that will haunt her, lol.

David, the cheerleader, comes in second. After 2 episodes, I was like "Dave! Shut the f**k up, man!"

Third is Jeremy the "navigator" of Team Russia, who f**ked up his job so bad , they went from first to last on the LAST DAY! Idiot.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Paul was awesome, I hope he get promoted to VP in the Denver company, he was the true leader of team NA.

Dave and Mindy looked to him to keep them on course, to be the buffer when they butted heads, to hold their hands.

Paul did shine because he was physically strong and mentally level headed.

Dave, give him a big raise and a corner office.

I'm in for a Season 2.

Paul was the complete MVP of the whole race for me, and the main reason I wanted team North America to win. I also relate to Mindy on some level, and I liked Dave despite all his bluster, but Paul... He was absolutely the reason they did so well and is such a great leader and human being.

• Love 3

I’m ok with SE Asia winning although North America was my fav team. I’ve liked Marilena for most of the race but when she popped her dislocated finger into place and carried on I decided I love her. Meanwhile Autumn whines and cries the whole race. Frankly her teammates should have dumped her deadweight ass long ago. They would have done better without her.

Fun race but it was clear there would be no shuffling of their places on the last leg. 

• Love 1

Thanks @humbleopinion for your post about the final leg being a good watch for those of us that bailed. I was able to jump back in for it unspoiled! Very happy for Marilina, what a champ!

I saw Autum's elbow crisis, but missed her legendary vagina meltdown. Now we get some wrist hysteria: "You guys just don't get it!!!" And her way too dramatic sobbing good-byes and "I love you's." Sheesh! She's exhausting! 

Hearing how much production was involved in this show, I can't help but wonder how much better it would have been if all the teams had done the same course from the beginning. There were just too many questions about whether the routes were truly comparable and a lack of suspense from not always understanding where each team was on their course compared to the others. I hope they can make some tweaks if there is going to be another season. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks TVBey, the final episode pulled the middle muddled episodes up to very watchable...

With a new show, casting is important.
One whining apple spoiled the whole bunch, if you get my drift...and turned off viewers.

Paul was recruited and built his team, his co workers.

Autumn was recruited( she must have a really good Ig) and found her team among climbers she knew.

James saw the ad online and recruited fellow teacher at The Bush School, a private school that emphasizes outdoors.

Jay teaches kayaking, backpacking.

Marilena teaches French and English.

James teaches PE.

IDK how the cops got cast.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Enjoyed the final episode so much that I went back to watch the 2 that I had skipped.

Unfortunately, Autumn and Team SA had a bike leg.

She really really doesn't know how to sit properly on a bike saddle .

By doing it so very wrong, her va jay jay once takes center stage again...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2021 at 12:05 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

So, team South America's task is to drive a provided truck. Team Asia rides a bus. Team North America has to hike and climb across miles of difficult terrain and find 14 checkpoints. Does anyone else think there's a disparity in the tasks? Yikes. 

Yes! This was my biggest issue with this show. The disparity was extreme and when they showed North America zero degree camping on top of a mountain after a draining day of climbing a mountain and then pan to Russia’s nice hotel, it was too much. It felt team North America did more physically in one day than team Russia did in 13 days. Most of their time was spent riding trains, cars, tanks....etc. 

• Love 2
On 4/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, Lovecat said:

Teams Russia, SE Asia, and S America:  Arise from their indoor accommodations and hop into trucks or train.

Team NA:  Wakes up freezing on a mountaintop and proceed to schlep down said mountain on foot.

I mean, I know they said that these routes have been thoroughly vetted for fairness as far as difficulty goes, but it does seem like Team NA is constantly getting the shaft.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. It seemed totally biased. The other teams had use of all kinds of transportation while Team NA were hauling a fucking canoe through the woods or climbing mountains.

Also why did they white water raft alone while the other teams had experts in the rafts with them? And Team SA were rope tied together with a guide on their snow mountain trek, but NA were alone and not tied together.

I was really hoping they'd win.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2021 at 9:42 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

Also why did they white water raft alone while the other teams had experts in the rafts with them? And Team SA were rope tied together with a guide on their snow mountain trek, but NA were alone and not tied together.

Their rapids could have been in a lower class so they were safer, same for different mountains. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:19 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

So, team Southeast Asia gets a nice, relaxing boat ride. Team South America drives a brand new truck. Russia takes a train. North America rides bikes uphill and negotiates white water. I give up. 

And seriously, Southeast Asia douchebro yelling "We're in a race! Fasterfasterfasterfasterfaster" made me want to strangle him. 

And shocker, Autumn's in pain, you guys. 

Autumn whined the whole show and her teammates put up with it. But when Sierra had to go down the volcano, Autumn basically pulled her down. She is a horrible teammate. I would have just left her if I were them...god she's horrible.

• Love 1