Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Sunspot Highway (Alamogordo, NM)

Not sure if they will ever get enough to get an indictment.

So true. She was probably choked to death but there are few bones left to prove it. The RV is long gone so no forensic evidence to be found there. The suspect won't talk (nor will his wife let the cops close enough to him to even convince him to talk). Maybe give the case another 6-8 months, wait for other witnesses to come forward with other statements, then proceed with what they have. Other jurisdictions have proceeded with about the same as what they already have.

They never interviewed the son for general information about his mom, like they have with other cases. Wonder why. I know he was only five at the time but there have been other victim's children who were young at the time of their parent's murder who were interviewed for general "what was your mom/dad like" information. 

Do we even know if the son is still alive? Or maybe he's otherwise unavailable/unwilling.

I gotta say, that was a really well-paced episode. I was totally drawn in and on the edge of my seat.

I was astonished that so many of the peripheral people were still around and could be interviewed. Good job rounding them all up, including the English boyfriend.

I suppose it's a net good thing that Nancy Grace is involved, but: uuff.

I have to write an email to the showrunners. I noticed the chyron identifying JohnnyBonds had a typo: an erroneous space in between. :)

• Love 5

I'm really surprised they didn't at least go for an indictment I thought it sounded like a good circumstantial case. In other episodes other district attorneys had taken cases with even less information. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's pretty obvious who did it and I was also surprised that they didn't get to move forward with the case. If only that jerk had his face turned the other way when the hunter took his picture. What a coward that guy was too, sending his wife to the door to tell them to go away. I'm guessing if it's the same wife he was cheating on, then she has a lot invested in keeping the case unsolved. The Lt's emotional connection to the case was moving. You could tell the case had worked its way under his skin.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 2

I wonder how Suspect and Mrs. Suspect are spending this weekend? I mean, what do you do when you get fingered on national television like that? They knew about the investigation; presumably they knew about the show airing. And what if you live, like, next door? 'Um, hey, there...howdy, neighbor? Seeyakthxbai!'

• Love 7

This is probably the only time I would support voluntarily bringing Nancy Grace into a case. I can't stand the woman but she's definitely a mouthpiece to try and shake the trees.

• Love 3

Kelly commented on one of their cases about how the DA moved aggressively forward on the case they presented, and made it clear that it's not that way everywhere and that she wishes it were.  This clearly was one of the less bold prosecutors.  A difficult case, and so touching to see how emotionally invested the investigator was.  

• Love 1

I almost didn't watch because I saw Nancy Grace's name in the description.

Glad I did.

I thought it was kind of telling that the prosecutor was not appearing on camera. So I wasn't surprised with the outcome. It must be so frustrating for the detective to know who killed that poor woman and not be able to move to the next step. I hope they can get something, maybe a new witness that remembers that creep talking about what he did.

I know I'm weird, but I was hoping they would show pics of the hubby and the English boyfriend.

• Love 1

Suz, I've been wondering some of the same things.  I've also wondered about naming someone a prime suspect when no case is filed.   I guess if you stick to facts and what you deduce from them, there is no slander or libel, but in cases where no charges have been filed, I have wondered a little where the line is.  

In an interview with Kelly she talked about JohnnyBonds lack of technological savvy and the fact that he doesn't have a smart phone and we saw his flip phone in this episode which made me chuckle. I love JohnnyBonds and his work here was superb. New Mexico law really impeded their ability to get further with the case. Another thing that was cute was when Kelly called Yolanda Yo. They really have bonded in such a nice way.

• Love 2