Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Georgia

Airing on March 15, 2021:

Emily and Mark face off in court in a compelling jewelry store robbery case that puts the entire concept of eyewitnesses on trial. Also, still struggling with financial woes at Audubon & Associates, Amy brings in a potential client who happens to be an old friend of Mark’s father.

Maggie:  She speaks for the people.  Of course she'll throw up right after insulting this show's chosen one.  All who criticize Emily must pay.

When I saw that Mark and Emily were going up against each other, it made me wonder if Emily was going to be headed for a loss.  If there were ever going to be a time, it'd be up against the show's male lead, right?  Nooooope.  Not right. 

Although she was slightly less obnoxious in this episode.  Mark still has more chemistry with Rachel and Emily than he does with Amy and yet Amy is the one who was upped to regular instead of Rachel?  I do not get that choice.

I was waiting for the show to explore the other side of unconscious bias---the side where we might not suspect people who look like us.  I kept waiting for Amy Acker's character to pull out a knife or something on her date with Benner.

Not even a Zoom video of Lola in this episode.  I see nothing online where Simone Missick had a baby but she must have, right?

I loved the previews of what's coming up in the season with

Spoiler

Simone calling Rachel triflin'.  That made me laugh.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

I was waiting for the show to explore the other side of unconscious bias---the side where we might not suspect people who look like us.

That would have been good. I think they did kind of indirectly hint at it with Judge I'mNotBiased clearly thinking the trainer was straight and not noticing the vibe between her and Benner, but that's all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, possibilities said:

That would have been good. I think they did kind of indirectly hint at it with Judge I'mNotBiased clearly thinking the trainer was straight and not noticing the vibe between her and Benner, but that's all.

Oh yeah.  Or just the plain ole bias of men listening intently to women they find attractive.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I kept waiting for Amy Acker's character to pull out a knife or something on her date with Benner.

I knew I recognized her, just couldn't remember from where or what.

She played "Root" on Person Of Interest.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

Glad to see Amy Acker back! I miss Fred.  She really had some great chemistry with Benner.

The trial was interesting. Too bad they didn't find the actual person who robbed the store.

No Lola - no problem.  The rest of the cast carried the show really well.

I wonder who Deep Throat is. My money is on Sam's dad. I wonder why Luke's name is on that list though.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, greekmom said:

The trial was interesting. Too bad they didn't find the actual person who robbed the store.

That's one of the things people forget about how bias interferes with justice. Not only does it hurt the wrongly accused, but it prevents the apprehension of the actually guilty party.

6 hours ago, greekmom said:

I wonder why Luke's name is on that list though.

My guess is that it's a list of people who were abused by the bad cops, and the whistleblower is hoping that interviewing the victims will show a patterns that leads to the perps-- with evidence. Also, the delivery of the envelope while Sam was watching and waiting, to me says either Sam herself is Deep Throat, or she knows who is and acted as a middle-person to deliver the package, or it's someone else who works in the office and would not catch her attention if they walked on by,

• Love 2

Not even a Zoom call from Lola this week. I miss her but the supporting cast is so strong that they can carry the show without her for awhile. This has also given us a chance to get to know a lot of the other judges outside of their association with Lola. 

It was funny when Maggie was yelling at everyone about acting like Emily was a saint and then getting sick. The universe has struck her down for daring to speak poorly of Saint Emily. Actually this was one of her better episodes, she still has that smug way of talking during cases but she was a lot less annoying this week. She and Mark actually pair really well together, she doesn't act like she wants to punch him for doing his job unlike with most people she goes up against. I was excited that this could mean she might actually lose, but of course that cant happen. The case was interesting though, I am a bit disappointed that we never found out what really happened. We don't even know for sure if the suspect was guilty or not. 

Nice seeing Amy Acker, I am always happy to have her on my TV, its been way too long. That date with Benner was adorable, old movies by a fire with popcorn and wine in the backyard sounds delightful. 

I suspect that Sam's dad is deep throat, and that Luke is on a list of people that have been wronged by cops. I do hope that Sam and Luke can become friends again. They aren't going to work as a couple because Luke is still hung up on Emily (for reasons I cant comprehend) but it would be nice if they could still get along without it being weird. 

The unconscious biases talk was interesting.

• Love 3
On 3/17/2021 at 10:37 AM, tennisgurl said:

They aren't going to work as a couple because Luke is still hung up on Emily

Why did they break up in the first place? I mean, I know the show did it because they think the will they/won't they thing is appealing, but was there ever an actual reason given for why they split?

Just now, Empress1 said:

Why did they break up in the first place? I mean, I know the show did it because they think the will they/won't they thing is appealing, but was there ever an actual reason given for why they split?

Nope.  They still haven't said why.

Just now, Irlandesa said:

Nope.  They still haven't said why.

I thought not. I don't think they should have broken up in the first place - show runners find will they/won't they way more interesting than I do. But if they were going to break them up, at least give a reason. Maybe Emily realizes through her therapy that she's got more to unpack from her marriage than she thought and she can't be in a relationship right now, or something.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

They've implied it had something to do with the protests that happened by the courthouse when Emily met her new boyfriend, but they've never specified why exactly they broke up, and they still seemed to be a couple during the protest and we never saw them at odds during it. They still seem to get along alright too, so I really don't get what happened. I would like to think that Emily broke up with him because she realized she wasn't ready for a serious relationship, but considering she is now taking milk eyes I guess that's not it, even though she really is probably not ready for a relationship. I have no idea why they're playing coy about why they broke up for this long. The reason they should break up is because it was obvious that Luke was more into Emily than she was into him, but they never said that. 

3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

They've implied it had something to do with the protests that happened by the courthouse when Emily met her new boyfriend, but they've never specified why exactly they broke up, and they still seemed to be a couple during the protest and we never saw them at odds during it.

I thought they were broken up before the protests.  I think we learned they were broken up during the protests.  And I'm pretty sure it was Luke who broke them up because he was "going through something" but I don't think even Emily knows what that was.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

I found the case hard to follow, I must have missed why he lied to his lawyer.  Amy Acker has been in a lot of Joss Whedon titles, I liked her a lot in 'The Dollhouse' and was excited to see her on 'Person of Interest'.  She's a really good actress.  Nice to see Ray Wise, too, he's a great character actor too.

• Love 1