Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Triage

• Start Topic

Macy used her telekinesis! OMG! But just to move a bed and get some pair of shoes...guess Ill take what i can get!

The sisters automatically break off into their separate pairs to get their pieces of The Source or whatever...

Evil Harry is back and killed very quickly...not sure why they even bothered with that plot. Its like they just had to find something to give the actor to give him more screentime that couldve been dedicated to the siters as...sisters.

TCO get 2-3 scenes tonight? At least 1 scene with just the three of them...that is an improvement.

Abigail uses more of her powers than the sisters have the entire season.

The death of magic plot was very rushed and would've been better to start off last season and as a reason why the sisters lose their powers.

• Love 3

This episode had more tension than usual; I actually worried that one of the sisters could die (even if temporarily). The ending was kind of a cop-out, but I didn't actually want any of them to die, so I guess I'll take it. I liked the cleverness behind each of their hiding places. I initially thought Maggie's was dumb, but I guess if I were searching for a magical necklace that three witches had broken up and hidden anywhere on earth (and anywhere in time), I probably wouldn't check their house.

I can't figure out what the writers are doing with Abigael. She seems to be softening toward the sisters (she didn't namecall Maggie today, and she's much less antagonistic with Mel; she was even kind to her when she thought Mel was going to die). However, by the very end of the episode she seemed back on her usual shit, so who knows. She'll probably just end up going full evil and/or dying, so even though I like her, I'm trying not to get too attached.

Jimmy's death was anticlimactic. I wanted the two eventually fused back into one full person, not... that.

Oh well. Hope the next storyline is better!

• Love 1

Well let the new season begin.. The writers def had time to regroup.. See what was happening in the world.. Think about how to improve... I wonder if that's the last we see of Ruby and Jordan.... Are the girls not allowed to be too close to each other.. The preview... Like many that I've seen when a show is finally airing its post covid stuff was a shock with how diff the girls look... I hope The show looks into both of their families now... Alvin and Marisol's.... I wonder what the overaching plot for tge new season will be... I did enjoy Macy still using science... I hope her demon side comes back tho 

The hiding places were actually pretty clever, and I liked seeing Maggie back at the sorority and that her sisters really miss her. I know season one had its issues, but I much preferred the college setting than the communal office, it had a lot more personality. They did a pretty good job at building tension about one of the sisters dying, even though I knew that obviously none of them would really die, at least not really. 

Kind of anti-climactic as far as the possible death of magic goes, but I am interested to see what the next plot will be like. 

• Love 1

There was an awful lot of yammer yammer yammer for such a dire emergency. Magic isn't working except when it is: Maggie's glamour spell doesn't work but her spell to open the jewelry box's hidden compartment does. WTF? It appears she has to use some kind of magical powder or pixie dust to effect the glamour spell, so that's the spell I'd expect to still work. Abigael's on death's door and so is the elderly elder but the Charmed Ones aren't even coughing. The whole thing was very inconsistent.

I guess magic dying for a red hot minute was enough time to kill off Jimmy without hurting Harry but yeah . . . what was even the point of that whole subplot?

Still, the episode was easier to follow than almost anything they aired last year. Bottom line, the show is a little better, but it's still kind of a mess overall.

• Love 1

I think it was a mistake to kill off the darklighter - Jimmy. I wanted him to merge with Harry and have some little hope maybe that's still possible and he's not really dead? Honestly the darklighter mythology was one of the one things that worked amazingly well for S2 so I'm sad that's gone but Abigael's problematic ass is still here, lol.

I loved the hiding places each sister chose - they were all so perfect for each of them.

And who knew dancing alone on a beach at night to the sound of waves could be so romantic?  I love Hacy.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, tennisgurl said:

I know season one had its issues, but I much preferred the college setting than the communal office, it had a lot more personality.

While I did like the personality of the college town atmosphere, the show (imo) leaned too heavily into the childish college storylines centering Maggie and as a result, everyone in the cast felt too teeny bopperish.  Mel and Macy were aged down to almost look like undergraduate students too even though they were older.  We never really got "older" storylines with them, not really.  Everything felt like it revolved around Kappa and both Mel and Macy suffered as characters because of it.  And Harry was reduced to a caricature - even though I enjoyed the "full ascot version" of Harry, S2 Harry (with all his flaws, lol) felt more human and relatable and ... well ... like a MAN.  That's why I don't want the darklighter to be dead - but for him to have merged somehow with Harry, but we don't know it yet? I just want the complexity there for RE to play with.  So all in all - I much preferred S2.  That hooked me on this show - even with its flaws.

If S2 was more of S1, I doubt I'd be here.  And given the ratings, the show had to reset somehow.  S1 lost a million fans over the course of the season and while S2 wasn't perfect, it did retain 90% of the audience it had from its premiere episode all the way to the finale in may.  So at least it stopped the bleeding and gave the show another chance to slowly bring back in elements from S1, retooled to be darker, edgier and more grown up, which is what I think we are getting in S3.

About not having the darklighter storyline and getting more sister stuff in return - the darklighter mostly vanished after episode 6, with only one other episode focusing heavily on him.  I personally think abigael being shoehorned into so many storylines this season and her being presented as knowing everything while TCOs and inexplicably Harry knew nothing was as bad as anything at harming the feel of this show.  I hope this gets rectified past episode 4.  I don't want to see TCOs, Harry or anyone going to her for anything.

This episode was a bit more interesting because I was curious where they each hid their piece of The Source, a storyline I don't even remember at this point.  Still, the middle portion dragged a bit and the search didn't turn out to be as intriguing as it could have been.

Sick Abigail was better than most of her appearances in Season 2 and I actually liked her interactions with Mel in this one, but now we're back on the boring Ferris wheel of her having a secret evil agenda.   Haven't we already seen enough of that?  I tend to tune out whenever she's onscreen.  I agree with phoenics that it's annoying that they keep having to rely on her for help.

I was sick of Darklighter Harry, so I thought good riddance to being rid of him.  I agree with the above sentiments that it was a waste of time to set him up with a "new" life in London, only to have him remember and then just die in this episode.  It felt like they were just killing time at the end of last season.  

It would have been more interesting if Mel "died" and we could spend a few episodes with Maggie and Macy trying to find/save her.  I'm not interested in Demon Abigail.