Type keyword(s) to search

S09E03: Patience Is Patience

druzy
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I'm not sure but I think he is a reserve officer, meaning he gets no pay and most likely only works a few hours a week.  Good for him if he wants to give back to the community, although it's definitely not a full time job.

Who are we talking about here, Gary ? Gary is a reserve officer  ?

• Love 1

To reiterate what @Snarky McSnarky said, and contrary to what is easy to infer from Kristina's post mentioning "police officer" and "dream, hard work, and dedication," he's not a "police officer" as pretty much everyone understands the term.  Being a reserve officer requires some training, but it's not like he graduated from the police academy and now has a paid job with benefits and a pension.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

To reiterate what @Snarky McSnarky said, and contrary to what is easy to infer from Kristina's post mentioning "police officer" and "dream, hard work, and dedication," he's not a "police officer" as pretty much everyone understands the term.  Being a reserve officer requires some training, but it's not like he graduated from the police academy and now has a paid job with benefits and a pension.

It was such an exaggeration. Just like Gary’s post about Kristina’s “medical career.” 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No clue if Gary is reserve, or auxiliary. At least he’s doing something along with his rentals, baking business, family,  spite chickens, and whatever else he has his hands in.

I actually agree, but there were a lot of people who believed that based on Kristina's post, Gary became a "real" police officer, and that's simply not the case.

Kind of like Kristina's medical career.  Is she starting school to become an LPN or an RN?  They're both "nurses," but one requires more study than the other.  Good for her for doing either, but they're not the same thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/10/2021 at 10:46 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

None of Leah's three adult role models has an actual job.  They pick her up after school in the middle of the week for a cruise on Gary's boat, which is the perfect setting for Amber to advise her to "work hard" if she wants to acquire a house of her own.  

Hardly anyone in any of the franchise shows does!  Especially one that does not rely on followers. Brianna did with her job but I don't know that it was FT. It seems Javi owns a gym and Jo maybe does real estate and I think I remember Isaac complaining he worked a lot and so wasn't home when he was there?  Cole quit his job and Barbara retired.

I think it is TERRIBLY unhealthy for all of these families not to have people with bonafide careers or even jobs. It makes them dependent on the show for their incomes and that's why you see Maci throwing Bentley under the bus and putting all of his shit out for public consumption. The same thing with Chelsea. Kail certainly uses baby daddy drama to keep her spot on the show.

Call me old fashioned but there is some benefit to going out and having a job that is completely unrelated to TM. Get outside of that bubble where maybe people don't give a shit that you are on a second-rate reality show and you have to hustle and prove yourself. Where people aren't kissing your asses only because you're famous. The fact that Kristina was broke shows Gary doesn't seem to be making that much from his side gigs if she was desperate for $500 (if that is true). And the income wouldn't hurt, either.

I would never, in a MILLION YEARS, sign myself or my children up for this kind of gig. I honestly don't care about money that much.

And Bentley has ALWAYS been over-scheduled. I know Rine has proven to be a shitty father but when Bentley was young - like 4 or 5, he would complain that Bentley was so over-scheduled he had no time to visit his father. There was always a baseball game or something. I said at the time that was perfect for Maci - she loves to have control over Bentley and his relationship with Ryan and Ryan's parents. She has ALWAYS been that way. (And I am not fans of theirs, either.)  I am all for extra-curricular activities but having had someone close to me always lose their scheduled time with their kids because of sports, at some point developing a relationship with the parent has to matter, too. Going to his baseball game on Wednesday night is not like spending the night, going to dinner, maybe hitting the batting cages where they can go and have actual conversations.

Maci tried coming up with her own storyline - the PCOS BS. Only that's so boring. Who wants to hear about a chronic condition that promotes hirsuitism, makes you gain weight and can make you infertile (certainly not the case with our Maci!)?  Boring. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Call me old fashioned but there is some benefit to going out and having a job that is completely unrelated to TM. Get outside of that bubble where maybe people don't give a shit that you are on a second-rate reality show and you have to hustle and prove yourself. Where people aren't kissing your asses only because you're famous.

I completely agree.  But but but that would mean getting off the couch😏   And make them more interesting people.  Has any of the OGs ever even had a real  boss? 

These girls started this show when they were teenagers and the money flowed in so they could all buy their own homes, cars, have more kids, etc.   There wasn't a big incentive to flip burgers or answer phones or even consider an education - academic or vocational.  Seems like when the OG kids got old enough to be in school and the girls/women could think about learning a skill/trade/career or even a job they just had more kids.     I hope they paid cash for those houses.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I completely agree.  But but but that would mean getting off the couch😏   And make them more interesting people.  Has any of the OGs ever even had a real  boss? 

These girls started this show when they were teenagers and the money flowed in so they could all buy their own homes, cars, have more kids, etc.   There wasn't a big incentive to flip burgers or answer phones or even consider an education - academic or vocational.  Seems like when the OG kids got old enough to be in school and the girls/women could think about learning a skill/trade/career or even a job they just had more kids.     I hope they paid cash for those houses.  

Even if they own the homes outright, there will always be property taxes, insurance and maintenance.

• Love 5