Type keyword(s) to search

Today on Halloween!

AntiBeeSpray
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I really like watching their Halloween shows every year (for the most part). Seeing everyone dress up is a hoot. Missed out on last years, but thankfully I came across it on Youtube! :)

http://youtu.be/bNlFNecOy_A

In all their weird glory :P.

What are some of your favorite Today Show Halloween memories?

My favorite was when Matt dressed up as J Lo. and Al was Puff Daddy. So priceless XD,

In no order, some of the others over the years:

Halloween 2011

Some pics from over the years on Halloween

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009 pt. 2

Edited by AntiBeeSpray

Personally, I think it would be refreshing if they didn't dress up for a change.  It makes me cringe to be honest, this is supposedly the news division.  I will have to tune into CBS that morning and see if they've dressed up Charlie Rose etc...I doubt it. 

• Love 1

Personally, I think it would be refreshing if they didn't dress up for a change.  It makes me cringe to be honest, this is supposedly the news division.  I will have to tune into CBS that morning and see if they've dressed up Charlie Rose etc...I doubt it. 

It's only one day out of the year.

The rest of the year it's serious news.

As for CBS, they don't do that (dressing up).

• Love 1

The costumes were all Saturday Night Live characters. Matt was Pat, Al was one of the Blues Brothers, Willie and Tamron were the cheerleaders (they did a terrific opening routine), Natalie was Mary Katherine Gallager, Hoda and KLG were the two guys from Wayne's World (and boy did they look like them especially KLG) and then a mini van pulled up and Savannah, Jenna Bush, and Merideth were "Mom Jeans" characters that I don't even recall from SNL. All they did was stick their buts out (like three year olds) and rub their behinds (and we women wonder why we are not taken seriously). I found it disgusting and so not funny.

Can someone tell me who was the other Blues Brother? Was it Carsen?

Edited to add it was Lester Holt one of my favorites!

I maybe misheard it but Tamron was over talking and yelling more the usual and I could have sworn Al told her to take it down a notch. I swear she needs a big old dose of Adderol. She was out of control.

Edited by stafford
  • Love 4

"Mom Jeans" was one of the fake commercials SNL used to do a lot of; I believe it was written by Tina Fey. The original was pretty funny.

That one was funny. XD

My favorite were Kathy Lee and Hoda. They did a great job as Wayne and Garth.

I always love everything written by Tina Fey so I'll have to check out Mom Jeans on YouTube--sorry I didn't get thr reference.

I didn't even recognize Natalie as Mary Katherine Gallahger. The make-up and mannerisms were all pretty much spot on.

Edited by stafford

Willie and Tamron were my favorite.

Of Halloween's past...I'll always have a soft spot for the Ewok's that hijacked segments back in 2009(?)...always wondered if anyone lost a job over that...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I always enjoy the Halloween shows - I especially like when the cast is all related somehow to a theme of sorts. (Some years moreso than others.)  Well thought out. Willie and Tameron were great. Al was great. I was never a fan of "Pat," but the rest were great. It took me a few minutes to realize KLG and Hoda were Wayne and Garth! Wow!  Fun stuff. It was a nice start to my day.

• Love 2

I snark on this show, but I do look forward to the Halloween costumes.

I was washing dishes so wasn't paying close attention, it I thought one of the Blues Bros. Was Peter Alexander. So I looked it up tonight to be sure & the Today website says it was Lester Holt!

I thought the weekend crew did their own costumes on the weekend.

• Love 1

I don't consider this a serious news show at all.  They have a mix and that is why I watch it.  First thing in the morning I don't want to listen a steady stream of negative world news, CNN exists for that.   Some shows take Halloween over the top (The Talk) and everyone stays in character; that becomes tiresome.   Today does ok with it and it is only one day.  

• Love 1