Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Final Straw

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Oh, you silly Vikings!  Y'all are all spit and glares when the treacherous brothers waltz in like they own the place, but all it takes is for one of them to humiliate himself for laughs and then give a grand speech about how lazy y'all have gotten and the only cure it to invade England, and y'all are all shouting his name and cheering him on like you use to!  Credit where credit is due: Ivar knows how to work this particular room with ease.

Meanwhile, Hvitserk.... has sex with a goddess?  Okay, then.

Harald might bitch and complain about how hard it is being king, but he certainly didn't seem happy over how the Kattegat citizens where chanting Ivar's name instead of his.

I wonder how much longer Ubbe, Torvi, and the gang are going to be stuck on the worst cruise of all time. 

• Love 4

Well, Ivar certainly won the crowd over pretty easily. It's not like he terrorized everyone and killed all their family members and announced himself as a god to be worshipped or anything. 

As soon as the Oracle said that the answer was in Ivar's pocket, I yelled: "the chess piece!" at the television. And it was the chess piece!! I love being right.

So glad we're heading back to Wessex.

The sex goddess was a bit random though. 

• Love 1

You can't go home again was definitely the theme.  Harald is right that if they could forgive him, they could forgive anybody.  But Ivar though...

It did seem like Harald really wanted to remind the people what the two of them had done.

It is true that none of them could be happy in peacetime.  I'm looking forward to the return to Wessex. 

• Love 1

Would it have not made sense for the S.S. Ubbe to just sail down the coast, keeping land in sight, until they had traveled far enough away from nutjob Kjetill who is determined to ruin every settlement he is a part of?  Greenland is huge!  But no, let's head out into the open ocean with no food and water.  Were Vikings really this stupid?

• Love 1
(edited)

Would it have not made sense for the S.S. Ubbe to just sail down the coast, keeping land in sight, until they had traveled far enough away from nutjob Kjetill who is determined to ruin every settlement he is a part of?  Greenland is huge!  But no, let's head out into the open ocean with no food and water.  Were Vikings really this stupid?

That's what I was thinking! I was sort of expecting to row south and hit native American soil. Y'know, like legend says they did.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
On 3/3/2021 at 11:58 AM, Dobian said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.