Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E17: Live Finale Part 1

• Start Topic

Desz should win, but sadly, she probably won't.

Carter did well with the cover, but that original did him no favors.

Ian is good in his lane, but he does not have "the voice." (Not how I would interpret that term, anyway).

Again, I thought the originals didn't really work for Jim and John. I've heard much better original songs on Songland. 

Not really a fan of John, despite his range and technique; not sure why. His voice gets very thin and tinny sounding sometimes. I did think the high notes at the end of Halo were beautiful, though. 

Jim's cover was good, although it sounded a little too much like a karaoke cover of Joe Cocker's version.

• Love 1

Carter and Desz were my favorites overall, along with Jim Ranger’s last song. Too many of the rest of the performances were a little too sleepy for me, or weren’t the right fit, at least for finale performances. It’s like too many forgot they needed to sing and perform for their lives, so to speak, and really needed to step it up, though the right kind of intimate performances are welcome too

Of the original songs, Desz’s Holy Ground was my favorite. I could easily listen to that on the radio and buy the single

Like @LucidDreamer I don’t fully like John Holiday’s high voice, at least with how much he uses it. For me, I don’t particularly like such a high voice in a man, but it can be too much even in a woman

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 5

I thought Desz was great and as much as I love Carter, he should go on AGT I bet Simon would sign him, Jim was my favorite of the night.

Didn't care for Blake and Gwen's song. That was totally taped no way did she change out of whatever she had on along with her wig and other stuff to sing then put it back on. So they had them leave their chairs so it would look like they're live, weird.