Type keyword(s) to search

Tom & Jerry (2021)

starri
  • Start Topic

Ted Turner briefly owned MGM, but kept the rights to their productions even after he sold the studio.  So they've been part of WB since he was bought out.

They've also made several truly putrid DTV releases placing Tom and Jerry into other properties, most recently Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which is described as the worst thing ever.

5 hours ago, starri said:

Oh, Warner Bros, who hurt you?

39 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

The only good thing I can say is at least they didn’t get “realistic” CGI makeovers. And the cartoon violence is not censored.

As someone who grew up watching this, along with Bugs, Mighty Mouse, Droopy, Popeye, after school, I am SO IN for this! (DON'T JUDGE ME!) Because one, neither Tom or Jerry are talking with human voices, like that horrid movie from years ago!

So I'm looking forward to this. Interesting how the hoomans are against Jerry and on Tom's side, when in the original shorts, it was the opposite. Most times.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As someone who grew up watching this, along with Bugs, Mighty Mouse, Droopy, Popeye, after school, I am SO IN for this! (DON'T JUDGE ME!) Because one, neither Tom or Jerry are talking with human voices, like that horrid movie from years ago!

So I'm looking forward to this. Interesting how the hoomans are against Jerry and on Tom's side, when in the original shorts, it was the opposite. Most times.

Lol no judging! And you remember that movie too?

I must say it feels so good to see that no-holding-back cartoon violence again!

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Lol no judging! And you remember that movie too?

I think I watched about 5 minutes total of that one; and my main takeaway was 'It's weird that they're talking'.

• LOL 1
On 11/19/2020 at 7:25 AM, starri said:

It just looks like a riff on the '00s Rocky and Bullwinkle movie without the charm.

And you’re right.

I didn’t even make it through 15 minutes before I switched to Disney+ to watch the latest Wanda Vision.

Its not that hard to do a movie about these two characters! Hoomans are NOT necessary or NEEDED. And that blonde twit who is supposed to be the lead? Is such a jerk. And why are Hoomans needed? And why not have an actual animation instead of this CGI crap?

Tom & Jerry DESERVE BETTER. As does Spike and Butch and his gang.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 1
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Tom & Jerry DESERVE BETTER. As does Spike and Butch and his gang.

Especially since there is a scene in

Spoiler

which Spike takes a massive dump in the street while on a walk!!  Who would think this is something people want to see??

Not to mention the dishonest tactics used by Chloe Grace Moretz' character to get the job at the hotel.  Great message.

• Love 1

Seriously? posting Chris's review? Don't get me wrong, i like Chris a lot, I don't live too far away from in Ohio, but I'm shocked he even saw Tom/Jerry because of course he'd give it a bad review.....

This movie has a terrible critic review and a high audience review....and I can see why....this is Tom and Jerry people, this not meant to be a movie to be taken seriously.....

It's a movie for fun, and I think it accomplished that.....it stayed true to the Tom/Jerry frenemies aspect and tried to do sort of a plot...granted the plot was not great, but, since they wanted to do a live action movie for this for some reason,  it accomplished the goal

I heard one criticism is, not enough Tom/Jerry, I can see that....I think they should have made it a 75 minute movie to show more of them and less humans....

So I thought this was good fun....

Edited by snickers
On 11/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, starri said:

They've also made several truly putrid DTV releases placing Tom and Jerry into other properties, most recently Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which is described as the worst thing ever.

Musical Hell actually just ripped it a new one:

They actually dedicated it to Gene Wilder?! The audacity!

Anyway, I watched this a year ago, and to agree with @GHScorpiosRule too many humans and Tom and Jerry deserve better. Though I did get a small laugh when Chloe asked them how long have they been fighting each other and they just shrug. Yeah, like Batman and Joker, they’re destined to fight forever.

(Although I do have a soft spot for the cartoons where they do get along)

• Love 1