Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Woman In Red

• Start Topic

i kinda want that lil girl to show up again just to cause Ms. Scarlet more trouble.

Lololol

Kinda figured her friend was into dudes. I love their friendship so far. It's very genuine.

I'm glad Moses is joining the team!!! Yay! He's an interesting fella. 

So Teddy gets off for murder, but i don't get why Ms. Scarlet would say he's free? Wouldn't he still end up in jail now that he's been outed?

They really ran with the blue theme for this show.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, HoodlumSheep said:

figured her friend was into dudes. I love their friendship so far. It's very genuine.

I'm glad Moses is joining the team!!! Yay! He's an interesting fella. 

So Teddy gets off for murder, but i don't get why Ms. Scarlet would say he's free? Wouldn't he still end up in jail now that he's been outed?

They really ran with the blue theme for this show.

I didn't think he was in the lat episode but it became very clear in this one. I'm happy too for their friendship, they are probably closer now then there were before. He has a good friend who he was able to be honest with and who didn't turn away. I'm not sure if Teddy was outed in the sense that everyone knew. He could argue the point the point that they were only friends and the guy took it the wrong way. 

Love Moses! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm not sure if Teddy was outed in the sense that everyone knew. He could argue the point the point that they were only friends and the guy took it the wrong way. 

He's at least been outed to the police/authorities involved in the case i presume. Unless the Duke decided to sweep eveything under the rug. Which is also a possibility.

I just wish they clarified that whole part a bit more.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, HoodlumSheep said:

He's at least been outed to the police/authorities involved in the case i presume. Unless the Duke decided to sweep eveything under the rug. Which is also a possibility.

I just wish they clarified that whole part a bit more.

I agree, we were left hanging. It would have been nice to have a bit of a "wrap up" where the Duke could have said something to the effect that it will not come out. 

• Love 1

I am liking that Eliza is gaining a wider circle. Moses will make a good enforcer/debt collector (and he can go places she can’t for intel), she now has the ultimate trust of the wealthy gentleman that can bring her clients as well as invest in her business. He can also bring her intel from his social circle, and we are continuing to develop her relationship with the Duke. 

A letter that can always be debunked as fiction wouldn’t be enough to convict Teddy in a court of law for sodomy. They would need a to catch him in the act/a witness or a participant to make a complaint.

Now SOCIALLY Teddy is ruined and will likely have to go to Ireland or Scotland to work, and being the man he is will probably send funds back to his wife (I don’t think he would abandon her financially, especially since she did turn over the letter in the end). But that’s not enough to have him in jail. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This show is fun, anachronisms and "ahead of her time, has all the correct modern social views" protagonist and all. I enjoy the time period a lot, and the leads have really good chemistry. This episode moved things along quite nicely, we can see more of Eliza's agency growing as her circle of allies is growing. It seems like William might be more open to Eliza's help now, and now she has hired Moses to join her team to help her with situations that require more muscle, and her friendship with her landlady's wealthy son means that she has someone who can help to finance her agency and help her with situations that would require a gentleman to be involved. Plus both of them just seem to be interesting characters who Eliza plays off well, and its good for a show to have an interesting cast of characters, and Eliza's social circle before this seemed rather small. 

The mystery of the week was pretty good, if not extremely complicated, but I did wish we got a bit more closure on what happened with Teddy. We can probably assume that a letter wouldn't be enough to get him arrested (he could pretty easily say that his dead lover misinterpreted their friendship as romantic as did his wife) but the scandal would certainly ruin him socially in London society. For someone who seems to be a rather unassuming decent sort of man, he sure did attract people that had a serious flair for the dramatic when they felt scorned. His lover's response when Teddy said he didn't want to leave his life behind to be with him while he died? Write dramatic suicide letter all about their affair, and slits his throat in front of him in his front parlor. His wife's response when she finds out that he had an affair with a man? Hide the suicide letter to let him hang, and go to his execution wearing the bright red dress he bought her so that he could she her as he died while she had the letter in her pocket. Such drama! At least she had a change of heart at the last minute, but what a messy situation. 

Will Eliza getting hauled into court and getting bailed out become a running thing? 

• Love 4

I suspected her friend was gay when he mentioned something last week about rejecting a lot of potential mates.  His reasons for not wanting to get married made real world sense but for TV, I thought something more might be behind it and sure enough, it was.  

I thought this week's mystery was better and I like how the crew is shaping up.  I'm surprised the cop wasn't madder at her for lying.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I enjoyed this--especially the closing scene with Moses showing up to collect from the little girl's dad. Go Moses. 

The look on the girl's face😂.

And I loved Eliza's line to Ivy about Moses, "I've decided to take on more staff, a debt collector if you will". 

Two episodes in and I'm loving the show. It's light, fluffy fun and I can't wait for next week.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mammaM said:

The look on the girl's face😂.

And I loved Eliza's line to Ivy about Moses, "I've decided to take on more staff, a debt collector if you will". 

Two episodes in and I'm loving the show. It's light, fluffy fun and I can't wait for next week.

same here!

• Love 3
On 1/25/2021 at 11:51 AM, tennisgurl said:

It seems like William might be more open to Eliza's help now, and now she has hired Moses to join her team to help 

The mystery of the week was pretty good, if not extremely complicated, but I did wish we got a bit more closure on what happened with 

Will Eliza getting hauled into court and getting bailed out become a running thing? 

I am loving Moses. The moment I saw him I was like-- he and Eliza should work together! and they are!

I personally don't care if the mysteries are weak. I am here for the character interaction.

I hope that becomes a running theme with Eliza being hauled into court and then getting off! It made me laugh.

• Love 2