Type keyword(s) to search

Women of the Movement in the Media

• Start Topic

On 10/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, DanaK said:

I saw a commercial for this a couple of days ago. I'm really looking forward to it.

I’m curious if it would make sense to have a thread here for “Let the World See”, a 3 part docuseries that will play after the Women of the Movement episodes each week and will go into more detail about the events in the limited series and Mrs. Till herself

• Love 1

Was this show just a miniseries, or will they try to do a different woman the next season? Because they didn't just call this "The Mamie Till story", I thought they might do more civil rights women. Has there been talk of renewing it?

• Love 2
On 3/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, Cress said:

Was this show just a miniseries, or will they try to do a different woman the next season? Because they didn't just call this "The Mamie Till story", I thought they might do more civil rights women. Has there been talk of renewing it?

When I first saw this show advertised, I thought it would highlight a different woman every episode. Since it did not, I hope there is another season. If so, I would like one over Ida B. Wells or Diane Nash. Josephine Baker's life would certainly cover a lot of episodes as well!

• Love 4
On 3/5/2022 at 8:51 PM, Constant Viewer said:

When I first saw this show advertised, I thought it would highlight a different woman every episode. Since it did not, I hope there is another season. If so, I would like one over Ida B. Wells or Diane Nash. Josephine Baker's life would certainly cover a lot of episodes as well!

That would be really great.

• Love 3

Here's an article in Deadline about a potential season 2:

Women of the Movement was conceived as a potential anthology series, and Cerar shared what a potential second installment could be about. ABC has yet to make a renewal decision.

“I’ve written the bible for Season 2. I’m just waiting to see if the network would like to order it. It’s a jump in time. It’s not so close to 1955 at all,” Cerar said. “The family members are alive and I spent months speaking with them and would like to tell their stories. It’s another mother’s story. It’s another story – you might know her name, but you don’t know the people and the lives lost behind the story.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

It really looks like this show won't be renewed, but there's a new Emmet Till movie coming in October. The trailer is out now. I know the family wants to keep the history in the news so that maybe prosecutors will finally act against Carolyn Bryant.

Edited by Cress
  • Useful 4
On 4/11/2022 at 6:37 PM, secnarf said:

I really hope it is renewed. I am curious what woman they will focus on next.

So do I. They have so many to choose from.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:57 AM, Cress said:

It really looks like this show won't be renewed, but there's a new Emmet Till movie coming in October. The trailer is out now. I know the family wants to keep the history in the news so that maybe prosecutors will finally act against Carolyn Bryant.

That would be so great. She has a lot to answer for.