Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Robot Factory

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

"For your information, this is a prior wound." Oh, Cheryl. And of course she made all her butlers go crazy.

So this episode we have Literal Other Barry's. I enjoyed New Barry, but of course he had to die. Again. Then turn out to not be dead. Again. I hope Archer and Barry stay friends now. 

Not even Pam asked about Archer's physical therapy? That's low. But wow, Lana is just getting more and more dislikable. I mean, jeez.

I honestly forgot about Reggie. So good to see he's alive.

Leave it to Pam to really understand why Archer loved Woodhouse. I loved everyone subjecting the valets to their obstacle course. And it took this long for Krieger to use Nightclub Mode on a laser maze? Looks like Aleister is here to stay, and I'm excited. Voiced by Simon Pegg, too!

And jeez, Cyril. Archer really made him regress so hard. This wasn't the first time he's killed, right?

• Love 2

Barry singing to a comatose Archer was strangely sweet.  

Anyone else  think Cyril is gonna  snap and kill them all?

And good to know Cheryl was always such a little....Tunt.  And yeah her Harpsichord teacher snapped for no reason.  NO REASON.

Pam speaking big truth about Woodhouse.  

And I think we found our new valet....sploosh.  

plus I now ship Archer and Barry.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Wow, Barry has really matured during the coma years. And now he and Archer are best buds. Of course, there is the possibility that the real Barry got killed, and one of the other Barrys took his place.

Naaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

In other news, Cyril is still a wuss that's so easy to emasulate, and Pam is low-key the best friend Archer will ever have. Well, at least until the valet next week. BTW, in How to Archer, Archer wrote that you're supposed to say the "t" in "valet."

Hey, the lemur never died! You think maybe Babou is still alive? If he's been with Cheryl during the coma years. . . it ain't likely.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I think this was the best episode of the season (so far). I really loved Barry and Archer bonding.

I guess that's 2 down for Archer (Cheryl and Cyril). 

Lana is just coming off awful. The weird thing is, I don't even think it's out of character

• Love 4

In addition to everything already said, I also liked Malory a lot in this episode. 

Really, it was the perfect team to pick the valet. Malory had all of the obnoxious demands down. Cheryl covers the psychotic/physical component of the job, and Pam had the emotional support.

• Love 2

Lana really has become even worse this season, its like every scene she is trying to be more unlikable, even by this shows standards. Maybe I am still a bit salty from finding out she sent AJ to boarding school. 

I too was waiting for the double cross with Barry, and was surprised to realize I was happy that he didn't double cross them. He and Archer bonding was great, as were the multiple Barry's. Chef Barry! Not too surprising that Cyril is regressing now that Archer is back, Archer has always brought the worst out in him. 

The continuing search for Archer valet is a fun running gag, lets see if this guy sticks around. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Lana really has become even worse this season, its like every scene she is trying to be more unlikable, even by this shows standards. Maybe I am still a bit salty from finding out she sent AJ to boarding school. 

Any other show I'd assume some heartbroken reveal. However, it's Archer and, it's not exactly out of character for Lana, IMO.

I mean let's face it, they're all awful characters. 😁

• Love 3
On 9/30/2020 at 8:35 PM, Galileo908 said:

Leave it to Pam to really understand why Archer loved Woodhouse.

I still think Archer is in a coma. Pam has been consistently fantastic, but she's never been that nice, and Lana hasn't been the best for Archer, but she's never been this cold. Everyone is just turned up enough but not so much that it's ooc. 

Archer bonding with Barry is a huge red flag. No way real Barry doesn't have a vendetta. 

• Love 2
On 10/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Any other show I'd assume some heartbroken reveal. However, it's Archer and, it's not exactly out of character for Lana, IMO.

I mean let's face it, they're all awful characters. 😁

One of the things that the show has always dabbled in is just how wrong Archer and Lana actually are for each other.  Yes they are sexually attracted to each other but they just don’t really like each other.  When Archer was in a coma I am thinking Lana quickly moved on and didn’t look back.    

Lana isn’t Mallory.  I don’t have a problem with her sending AJ to boarding school.  Unless she is completely abandons the kid and forgets to give her her current address.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Thinking about the plot after four episodes. On the one hand, you would think Archer's friends and family (loose terms, I know) would have sat down and told him about all of the changes that happened while he was in a coma. Yes, I realize the trope of the protagonist (another loose term in relation to Archer) stumbling blindly from one revelation to another is more than warranted, but those people are still dicks.

On the other hand, Archer makes things so hard. It's not as if he HAD to come out of the coma without the arrogance, but he just tries to get his way by force of will over and over.

• Love 5
On 10/7/2020 at 11:18 PM, Lantern7 said:

Thinking about the plot after four episodes. On the one hand, you would think Archer's friends and family (loose terms, I know) would have sat down and told him about all of the changes that happened while he was in a coma. Yes, I realize the trope of the protagonist (another loose term in relation to Archer) stumbling blindly from one revelation to another is more than warranted, but those people are still dicks.

On the other hand, Archer makes things so hard. It's not as if he HAD to come out of the coma without the arrogance, but he just tries to get his way by force of will over and over.

When did Archer ever listen to any of them though?   He  doesn’t attend office briefings and still gets upset when he isn’t immediately given his way.  I think he expected everything to be exactly like he left of when he went into a coma and it was a huge hit to his ego that Lana didn’t sit by his bed for two years waiting for him much less didn’t leave her husband the minute he showed the slightest bit of interest in her.  

• Love 4