Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Upcoming episode titled "Trust":

http://www.christianpost.com/news/married-at-first-sight-season-5-spoilers-latest-news-can-the-newlyweds-learn-to-trust-each-other-186625/

Rachel stirs up the sh!t in the Petta/D'Amico household...

Ash tells Ant she doesn't need him to deal with her problems, that she did fine without him the many, many years before meeting him...

Ash doesn't want his name, Ash doesn't need him...she's talking herself out of the marriage and out of wanting Anthony.

Anthony could go either way.

Think he's not on the accelerated timeline as Ash for a bambino and that could be the deal breaker.

3 hours ago, Mlle. Kitty said:

Agreed!  It's not a party without her.  :-)

4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

We will just have to tempt @Evil Queen back...

Awww thanks ladies. You girls are to much. LOL I enjoy the banter that goes on most the time here so either way I would have to see what as said. I said I wasn't going to watch Second Chances and ended up doing it. Now I know for sure if there is another season of that I am so out and not touching it. MAFS though will be a let me see how I am feeling in the moment the next time around. 

• Love 6
(edited)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4578386/Married-Sight-star-isn-t-attracted-husband.html

Sheila has already changed her name on her drivers license...she must have stood in line at the DMV as soon as the plane landed from the honeymoon.

Mother Duhon throws a hissy fit... Part Deux-hon.

Cody irks Danielle. The picture says it all.

Danielle is having to nag.

Cody's friend's wedding and Danielle's friend's birthday party clash.

Her friend will have another birthday next year, right?....but Danielle doesn't want to go to the wedding or anywhere with Cody.

He is not in her friend zone anymore. More like DMZ.

Danielle is unhappy and Cody doesn't see how one little mistake has led to this hot mess.

Cody is even more confused and befuddled...if that is possible.

Ant/Ash must be boring because they don't get a mention.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3

Wow, Sheila must be all in if she already changed her last name! I don't think any other woman on this show has ever changed her last name during the 6-week period while the show was filming. Hope for her sake she won't have to change her name back.

I don't see things working out for Danielle and Cody at all.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Gobears said:

Wow, Sheila must be all in if she already changed her last name! I don't think any other woman on this show has ever changed her last name during the 6-week period while the show was filming. Hope for her sake she won't have to change her name back.

I don't see things working out for Danielle and Cody at all.

IMO changing her name already is a bit much. She hasn't been with the guy long enough to show her who he really is and her him. He had just asked about going out without her like he did so why would one do that? You are right she is the first one to change her name like that so soon. Cortney took a bit of time before changing her's. Did Jamie take Doug's last name at all? I wonder if Nate's mom has issues with the marriage because of how it came about, that a new woman is in his life or she knows her son well enough to know he might not have been ready yet? At this point Sheila better hope she doesn't have to ever change it back. 

The whole Danielle/Cody thing...she said last week she didn't like him in that way from the get go. That he is good looking but she isn't attracted to him and hasn't been. Which IMO she should be pissed with how misleading the edit job was done on her so far. Making it like she wanted sex with him and then saying she isn't attracted to him at all. Really who the hell on their honeymoon is going to figure out the schedule for one day that is weeks away? On top of it toss in filming the show, then getting back to work, moving, trying to get to know your new spouse and so on. I'd forget the simplest things with all that going on around me. Who doesn't forget things though when they have a ton going on in their life? Sounds to me like they should just have planned to go to each event on their own since it was planned before their weddings and they already accepted. More so since she knows she doesn't want to be with him at all. Why go to his friend's wedding when you know you will probably be ending the marriage at the end of this show? Its obvious at this point she is going to nitpick at anything and everything she can because she wasn't into him from the get go and wants to end it. Which at that point she should have talked to him when the crew was gone for the day and told him what was up. Then just friend it the rest of the way and come up with ways to screw with the producers/"experts". 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Did Jamie take Doug's last name at all?

Yes, she did but continues to use "Otis" as her professional name.

4 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

The whole Danielle/Cody thing...she said last week she didn't like him in that way from the get go. That he is good looking but she isn't attracted to him and hasn't been. Which IMO she should be pissed with how misleading the edit job was done on her so far. Making it like she wanted sex with him and then saying she isn't attracted to him at all.

This is turning into a Nick/Sonia situation with Danielle taking Nick's role and Cody Sonia's role. Hope Danielle doesn't have a big blow-up and screams "I don't like him! I'm not attracted to him and he's not attractive!"

• Love 4
(edited)

Are Nate & Sheila in their own place for real or is this the temporary apartment until the few weeks is over? Because it wouldn't make sense for her to change her name on her license if she'll only have to change it again for another change of address.  I might be the world's biggest skeptic but maybe that's a fake for the show.

Edited by gonecrackers
word change
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

If chemistry was so important to Danielle she should've known better than to do this 'experiment'. There is no way to judge the possible chemistry, or lack thereof, between people without them actually meeting & spending time together. She blames Cody's focus on his business for a lack of emotional growth, yet assuming she's so much more mature & experienced, she should've realized this simple fact & not taken such a risk.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

There is no way to judge the possible chemistry, or lack thereof, between people without them actually meeting & spending time together.

Yes! This is the main reason why this show isn't successful! Any successful matches that this show has created have been flukes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If chemistry was so important to Danielle she should've known better than to do this 'experiment'. There is no way to judge the possible chemistry, or lack thereof, between people without them actually meeting & spending time together. She blames Cody's focus on his business for a lack of emotional growth, yet assuming she's so much more mature & experienced, she should've realized this simple fact & not taken such a risk.

Seems she blames him for it all too. Sounds more like she is giving excuses for why she isn't in it. Because one works on building their business they didn't live enough in her opinion. Give me a break. Even if that wasn't what he was doing it doesn't mean whatever he would have experienced would have been good enough for her. IMO there is nothing wrong that she wasn't feeling chemistry there. Sometimes it happens right off the bat and sometimes it doesn't or could take a while to happen. Yet like gonecracker's says she shoudn't have done this show if that was so important to her. Its a hit or miss thing. No way to know which way it will wind up either. My only issue is that it doesn't seem like she has mentioned to Cody (and that we have seen yet) her talk about this with him. I will give it to her that at least she isn't acting like a cold dead fish over it all. I just think its one of those things that if they both really discussed it, they would each have no problems being friends and ending on a good note while just building a nice friendship from their time together.

• Love 1

I don't usually watch "Unfiltered" but last night I was home and waiting for MAFS to air and thought why not?  

Ugh.  Beyond that, did anyone else watch and notice that in his one-on-one with Jamie, Cody is not wearing his wedding ring?  May or may not be a tell.

42 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I don't usually watch "Unfiltered" but last night I was home and waiting for MAFS to air and thought why not?  

Ugh.  Beyond that, did anyone else watch and notice that in his one-on-one with Jamie, Cody is not wearing his wedding ring?  May or may not be a tell.

I had watched it last night and normally don't. I wasn't really paying attention. I did hear not only him but Danielle as well make references to where things came off past tense. I think we all sort of assume they weren't going to make it though. I can see them end on a friendly note if they wanted too though since they haven't been mean or nasty at this point towards each other but who knows.  

I do know this reminded me of why I don't watch though and how annoying Jamie is. As well as her fake lashes are clumping together and catching on one side so her eyes look weird. 

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

They tried that with Nick.  No ring at the end.  "Golf", they said.

I'm having difficulty buying what the Codester's selling. When he said to Danielle that he was giving it his all but wondered if Danielle wanted this to work, his body language was so closed off - arms crossed so tightly, almost hugging his body.  I just don't believe him when he says that he wants to have sex with her.  And she's just not into him, either, IMO.

The name change issue smacks of producer/"expert" intervention.  I agree with others who have said that this is waaaaay too soon to be worrying about changing their names; they have PLENTY of much more pressing issues to deal with before changing their names!  Didn't Ashley say that changing the last name isn't really done anymore?  My husband and I both asked each other if that was true right after she said that.  We've been together for 23 years, married for 17, so perhaps we're just really out of touch...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mlle. Kitty said:

I'm having difficulty buying what the Codester's selling. When he said to Danielle that he was giving it his all but wondered if Danielle wanted this to work, his body language was so closed off - arms crossed so tightly, almost hugging his body.  I just don't believe him when he says that he wants to have sex with her.  And she's just not into him, either, IMO.

The name change issue smacks of producer/"expert" intervention.  I agree with others who have said that this is waaaaay too soon to be worrying about changing their names; they have PLENTY of much more pressing issues to deal with before changing their names!  Didn't Ashley say that changing the last name isn't really done anymore?  My husband and I both asked each other if that was true right after she said that.  We've been together for 23 years, married for 17, so perhaps we're just really out of touch...

I don't blame him for having body language like that at this point. They obviously both aren't into it so need to get it out in the open and be done with it. Build a friendship and have fun with the rest of the free ride they have with the show and what they send them off to do. LOL

As for the last name, I think its just different for each person. My friend changed her's after getting married. I did not but I had one child already before that. My oldest has my last name. As I have said before when we had our 2 kids, my husband suggested keeping the last names the same as mine and my son so our kids all had the same last name. Its because for him growing up, his sister and him had different last names (different dad's obviously) and it caused (so is one story) his last name to end up the same as her's some how even though he is the older one. So his last name he has used for years doesn't mean shit to him. For us we did things differently than most. Yet that is how its been for us from the get go so nothing new. LOL I do know those that haven't been married long that take their husband's last name. For a while there was a thing about people creating new ones with both their last names....which is silly to me but whatever. 

• Love 3

I don't believe either Danielle or Cody wants the other, physically.  I think Cody doesn't want to fail, but perhaps for the wrong reasons. Maybe they could be friends, but they don't seem to click on any level right now. I guess if sex were taken off the table, then maybe they could be themselves with each other & really become friends.

• Love 4
(edited)

My husband is photographing a wedding in Michigan right now where Anthony is an usher (he is friends with the bride and groom who were also at his Married at First sight wedding, apparently he is from Michigan). He told me he is there alone....Ashley is not there. I know this could mean nothing, maybe under contract that aren't allowed to be seen in public together but still kind of interesting! The bride and groom wouldn't tell my husband if Anthony and Ashley are still together or not.

Edited by Teribeari4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Teribeari4 said:

My husband is photographing a wedding in Michigan right now where Anthony is an usher (he is friends with the bride and groom who were also at his Married at First sight wedding, apparently he is from Michigan). He told me he is there alone....Ashley is not there. I know this could mean nothing, maybe under contract that aren't allowed to be seen in public together but still kind of interesting! The bride and groom wouldn't tell my husband if Anthony and Ashley are still together or not.

Interesting but I would guess contacts are done a certain way just like you are saying. Otherwise it would give it away to easy on how things end if people were able to hunt them down and snap the pics up like nothing. To bad no one "accidentally" spilled the beans though. This is the only couple I care to see work out and like. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Interesting but I would guess contacts are done a certain way just like you are saying. Otherwise it would give it away to easy on how things end if people were able to hunt them down and snap the pics up like nothing. To bad no one "accidentally" spilled the beans though. This is the only couple I care to see work out and like. 

Though haven't there been several sightings of Nate and Sheila attending church recently?

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Though haven't there been several sightings of Nate and Sheila attending church recently?

Supposedly. I won't say there is or not since I don't think there are pictures of them doing so. Plus who is to say they didn't attend the same church before the show, kwim? I do doubt that but we just have no idea. As well as it is possible they went to the church during the marriage and whoever liked it kept going. Or they are together either as in the marriage going still or split as friends if they ended it. I just know this happened during the Atlanta season too where someone came in here saying they read some place else that Sam and Neil were spotted shopping for furniture but there was no pictures or proof and we all know how that turned out.....thankfully. So who knows. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

My hubby unfortunately couldn't get anyone to talk but he probably didn't try that hard...he thought I was being crazy and stalkerish trying to get the scoop! Haha All he could tell me was that he still had his wedding ring on and he seems to have lost weight since the show.

• Love 1

So, Danielle is in Taiwan, and Cody isn't (he's apparently going to meet up with Sheila on Monday or something) and it's Cody birthday. It's the most unsurprising news ever, but it's safe to say they are no longer together. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Agnetha said:

So, Danielle is in Taiwan, and Cody isn't (he's apparently going to meet up with Sheila on Monday or something) and it's Cody birthday. It's the most unsurprising news ever, but it's safe to say they are no longer together. 

But she sent him a lovely picture of them both via twitter & noted "Happy birthday to this handsome fella"...  sounds like she was talking to her brother.

• Love 4

I actually know the owner and people who work at Soulshine bit they have been tight lipped about more famous people who have been there so I doubt they would spill any dirt on her.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Teribeari4 said:

My hubby unfortunately couldn't get anyone to talk but he probably didn't try that hard...he thought I was being crazy and stalkerish trying to get the scoop! Haha All he could tell me was that he still had his wedding ring on and he seems to have lost weight since the show.

Not surprised about the ring. I think either way they are told to wear it until the show is finished and the reveal on divorcing or not is said and done on tv. Thanks for trying to get your husband to find out. LOL

7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

But she sent him a lovely picture of them both via twitter & noted "Happy birthday to this handsome fella"...  sounds like she was talking to her brother.

I can see the 2 leaving on friendly terms. Obviously there is no way they will stay together in the end but I don't see anything with them that would come off they end on a bad note.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I actually know the owner and people who work at Soulshine bit they have been tight lipped about more famous people who have been there so I doubt they would spill any dirt on her.

Well that is a shame but at the same time understandable. 

• Love 1

Hi! Long time reader but just registered today so I could post on the madness that is MAFS!

First comment re: Danielle  - is it really a retreat if you continually post/snap photos and videos of what you're doing? If I had the luxury of going to Bali specifically for a yoga retreat, I would leave my social media off. UGH. And did you guys see the bare ass photo she posted? So tired of the attention whores on this show. 

• Love 3
On 6/10/2017 at 11:02 AM, Mlle. Kitty said:

The name change issue smacks of producer/"expert" intervention.  I agree with others who have said that this is waaaaay too soon to be worrying about changing their names; they have PLENTY of much more pressing issues to deal with before changing their names!

I froze the frame on the driver's license and it was in black and white!  They had fuzzed out a lot of the information except for the name.  Plus it looked like he was holding a piece of paper folded over onto itself - you could see the paper under it and the edges curling a little.  I totally call BS on this now!  It looks like they inserted the name and copied it.  How stupid, they couldn't even find a color copier?

• Love 5

Kinda sorta on topic...do any of you guys think Nick is dating "life coach" Heather Yerrid that is on that horrid after Buzz YouTube show?  He just went to LA....they met up...she mentioned she has a bc now and posted a pic of a big gift basket with chocolate etc (Although i can't seem to find it now).... thoughts??  Strictly professional relationship or more?

IMG_6745.PNG

I doubt he is dating her. Yet I have chatted in pms with another user and discussed this before about this. I think she is another one of his "crazies" as I am calling them on the attack at Sonia. For someone supposedly saying they are a "life coach" it sure doesn't sound like she is much of one. Yet I don't think most are to begin with either considering "expert" rachel claims to be one as well. I think between these 2 though its a way to try to push her bs and him to push his and try to gain something from each other business wise, kwim? 

BTW, that face he makes...its one of those ones you see a person make and want to smack it off their face. It always seems to be made by snotty like people too. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, StormyClouds said:

Hi! Long time reader but just registered today so I could post on the madness that is MAFS!

First comment re: Danielle  - is it really a retreat if you continually post/snap photos and videos of what you're doing? If I had the luxury of going to Bali specifically for a yoga retreat, I would leave my social media off. UGH. And did you guys see the bare ass photo she posted? So tired of the attention whores on this show. 

Sounds like for someone that claimed they were worried about being judged they sure don't mind the attention if they are going to post those pics....SMH I never get why anyone needs to post pictures like that on SM. And agree that if you are going to some sort of a a retreat why are you on SM posting? Its another case of how so many do not know how to detach from the phones and leave SM alone. 

1 hour ago, StormyClouds said:

I found pics of both Danielle and Ashley's ex-boyfriends online...is that allowed here? Perhaps could give insight on past relationships?

I don't see why you couldn't. As long as its under this thread it should be fine. And welcome to the madness btw. 

57 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I froze the frame on the driver's license and it was in black and white!  They had fuzzed out a lot of the information except for the name.  Plus it looked like he was holding a piece of paper folded over onto itself - you could see the paper under it and the edges curling a little.  I totally call BS on this now!  It looks like they inserted the name and copied it.  How stupid, they couldn't even find a color copier?

I kind of side eyed it myself because of what it was. Plus it takes a bit of time to get a new one. Its not just going to be handed to you right there. The only other explanation would be that they copied it because the new one was in the mail and they for some reason didn't want to just blur out her original one (easier to cross out certain info and then blur it as extra protection). I don't know. Either way I just don't see how this would have been real and not producer scripted for so many reasons at this point. Of course they would find some excuse for why it was a photo copy.

• Love 5

Also if you google "Sheila Duhon", an article from her school district comes up with a quote by her. So I think it could be legit, or she did it at some point anyway! 

Evil Queen -- yes! Put down your phone and be ZEN already ? I truly believe anyone that would go on this show is an AW and/or has an ulterior motive for doing the show.

For what it's worth.... (and maybe I would post my ass online if it looked like this HA!)

IMG_6740.PNG

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Hey, Cody...look but don't touch....just like our marriage...

Exactly!! Talk about rubbing it in your face. 

9 minutes ago, discoprincess said:

They're supposed to be tight-lipped until the final airs, but isn't Danielle unwittingly posting a spoiler by using the hashtag "#eatpraylove"?

Not sure, is there a meaning behind that? It does seem weird to go "discover yourself" or whatever if you're newly committed in a relationship. She will say it's to become a yoga instructor tho. 

(edited)

Isn't it unethical for a "life coach" to date their clients? Not that I know how ethical life coaches actually are. Pretty sure this picture was taken and posted to SM to make a certain ex-wife jealous.

I agree, Evil Queen, Nick and Heather are using each other to cross-promote their businesses. He raves about how great her life coach services are and retweets links to her Afterbuzz podcast. She likes all his tweets about how great the power tools he advertises are. And yes, people who are above age 16 should not make duck faces! They look pretty stupid.

I've listened to the podcast and Heather seems to really want to be a participant or an expert on MAFS. Maybe Nick is giving her inside information on how to get on the show. Also, Heather is always sucking up to one of the MAFS producers on Twitter so it seems like she is trying to get on the show, one way or the other. She's using Nick to get her 15 minutes of fame.

For all the people who hate on Sonia for having been an aspiring actress once upon a time, Heather was also an aspiring actress.

https://www.exploretalent.com/heatheryerrid

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 2