Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Gobears said:

There was a lot of speculation last season that Nick might be gay, but what if he's bisexual instead? See photo below:

If he is bisexual and he hasn't dated a woman in a while, it might explain his discomfort toward Sonia (especially when he said "you're making me touch boob"in the infamous hammock scene). Also, it seems like his ex-boyfriend was the best man in his wedding and the guy who gave him the six-pack talk. BTW, Nick liked that first comment as well as another one that said "They've been together for a long time".  Of course, it's also possible that the couple comment was made in jest...

Screenshot_4.png.f712b5de693188b214230b05a1a3009d.png

At first I thought that was Derek with him... now that would've been interesting.

6 hours ago, Gobears said:

There was a lot of speculation last season that Nick might be gay, but what if he's bisexual instead?

I don't think he is bi. I said it and a few others that we felt he was gay. We did say ok maybe he was bi but I have really doubted it. Maybe the whole sex thing never even happened with Sonia. They agreed on some crap to make the time go by for the show and for story. Obviously he was into trying to sell his clothing line and rental to the viewers more than anything else. It could be that maybe he thought he might be bi or did the show for other reasons (please the mom and marry a girl, etc) and so if they did have sex he decided he wanted to give it the "ole college try"...so to speak. LOL BTW, I didn't think he was awkward on the show. I figured he wasn't into girls (or at least Sonia) and he just was a cold bitch to show it. 

So now how long before some other post is done that tries to play it off like they were joking around and not serious? Which if that happens I wouldn't buy it at all. IMO if he is gay so be it. I know its been said why this show doesn't do a same sex couple but it could be done. They don't need to hold all these people in a big room like they claim. They can set up times to see them. I think its more so they are not sure how viewers will be about it if they did a couple like that. Yet they could just do a season that way and those that don't want to watch don't have to, kwim? 

8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Sheila had a limit, & it's not like her sister is engaged. Sheila said she's seen the guy maybe 10 times. So he gets cut for lack of space; understandable. The sister should've shut up & shown up.

Way to make great memories selfish sis.

Thank you for that. So 10 times she has seen the guy but Sheila is the selfish one that must be controlling her family....SMH Sorry but that sister is a rude, selfish person for not going to her sister's wedding over this. If she didn't call even that is really bad on her part. It wasn't about her but about Sheila and Nate. I honestly can't stand people like that who feel things always need to be about them and what they want when its not their day or time. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

So now how long before some other post is done that tries to play it off like they were joking around and not serious? Which if that happens I wouldn't buy it at all. IMO if he is gay so be it. I know its been said why this show doesn't do a same sex couple but it could be done. They don't need to hold all these people in a big room like they claim. They can set up times to see them. I think its more so they are not sure how viewers will be about it if they did a couple like that. Yet they could just do a season that way and those that don't want to watch don't have to, kwim? 

This post was from November 2015.

Sheila married a guy she had literally never met, but it would be inappropriate for her sister to expect her own boyfriend - whom Sheila has met at least ten times - to be included at a family event? Oh.   
Sheila can do whatever she wants with her invitations but she should acknowledge and own the fallout from her choices.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sheila liked a tweet saying that African-American women are always edited in a way on the show to emphasize how volatile/emotional they are rather than allowing them to be shown as cute or witty like the white women are.

It does seem like Sheila is being judged way more harshly than the other two women but I don't know how much of it is due to race versus editing.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, crocodile said:

Sheila married a guy she had literally never met, but it would be inappropriate for her sister to expect her own boyfriend - whom Sheila has met at least ten times - to be included at a family event? Oh.   
Sheila can do whatever she wants with her invitations but she should acknowledge and own the fallout from her choices.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Like girl, you never met this guy you're going to marry but are making a huge deal about your sisters boyfriend. If Sheila and her sister don't live together, 10 times is a decent amount of times to meet. I think he should have been invited, but I seem to be in the minority. 

Also, I really want to know what parents are like "oh cool, I'm so excited you're getting married to a person you never met!"

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Gobears said:

Sheila liked a tweet saying that African-American women are always edited in a way on the show to emphasize how volatile/emotional they are rather than allowing them to be shown as cute or witty like the white women are.

It does seem like Sheila is being judged way more harshly than the other two women but I don't know how much of it is due to race versus editing.

She did?  Ugh.  I am tired of people blaming race.  No one is making her appear emotionally volatile except Sheila herself.  It is more impressive to own your feelings.  

Sheila IS emotional.

• Love 9

Danielle is the emotional antithesis of Sheila.

The most you get is Danielle swallowing hard with a big blink versus Sheila's wailing and talking histrionics....

None of this season's women are witty.

Sheila, your half scrunched face THs are annoying and not at all cute.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

She did?  Ugh.  I am tired of people blaming race.  No one is making her appear emotionally volatile except Sheila herself.  It is more impressive to own your feelings.  

Sheila IS emotional.

She doesn't understand that she gave them the footage to make her come off as if that is all she is. Considering how we have seen her dad get as well its no surprise she does too. I have a feeling its just how that family can be at times. Yet I don't think it has to do with race either and wish people would just take responsibility for their own feelings/behaviors. There are plenty of women in other races that behave that way too. The thing is they aren't all on a "reality" show being edited. 

As you said she is emotional. Would she rather show emotion or be like Danielle and come off with not much of any? Or worse like a cold fish. I rather see her as she is. I think the problem is that we aren't shown everything that went on when she has gotten pretty emotional. It was she is unstable and flew off the handle but things were said or done during those moments but were tossed to the edit room floor. 

• Love 3

Many people may not feel safe being emotional, or even real, with cameras around. Plus with them telling them how to be (most likely), things can get skewed.

I think Sheila was coached, then edited, & it's making her look worse. Maybe she's emotional, but could have been trying too hard to do what they wanted & that's why she seemed 'off'.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Many people may not feel safe being emotional, or even real, with cameras around. Plus with them telling them how to be (most likely), things can get skewed.

I think Sheila was coached, then edited, & it's making her look worse. Maybe she's emotional, but could have been trying too hard to do what they wanted & that's why she seemed 'off'.

It is possible she was coached but she still made an excuse for her emotional volatility instead of taking responsibility for her actions.  

I see nothing racial about how she is being portrayed.  

• Love 6
(edited)

If she had a limit of 25 and she had 25 life-long friends and relatives there, should she have booted off one of them so her sister's boyfriend could be invited? That's ridiculous. 

My daughter is graduating this Sunday. She has a limited number of tickets and everybody isn't going to get one. Guess who gets priority - the people she wants to be there. That means my sister's girlfriend isn't getting a ticket. My daughter has seen her more than 10 times but she's just lower on the totem pole than grandmother, aunts/uncles/cousins and step-siblings. And my sister would never be so selfish as to say she's coming and then not show up because her girlfriend wasn't invited. 

Sounds to me more like a problem between Sheila and her sister. I don't think she's being selfish or rude to the boyfriend by not invited him.

*Also, Sheila's way of talking is so strange. I'm fascinated and horrified whenever she speaks. And I still don't like N8, but did chuckle at the way he pronounced ceiling as sillin'.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

It is possible she was coached but she still made an excuse for her emotional volatility instead of taking responsibility for her actions.  

I see nothing racial about how she is being portrayed.  

I agree I don't see anything racial about it, & true she did not take responsibility for her behavior, at least not on camera.

I'm not saying I agree with how she behaved, just that I think she was told to lay it on thick at least with the pouting, which I saw as overdone.

• Love 1
(edited)

Cody is so clueless in the art of seduction, he shouldn't be allowed to attempt anything because he just makes bad things... worse.

Cody was so focus keeping his erection fluffed, he didn't hear Danielle say how tired she was from getting 2 hours of sleep before a full day's work.

Plowing (farm pun) ahead he pawed her for a few seconds, she  pulled away and he got his romanticals (yes, I made up that word) shot down.

Bro, let her sleep for 6 solid hours and then wake her up with your best moves...put your morning boner to use...

Window of opportunity...slammed shut...again.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Gobears said:

In his People blog, Cody said that he initiated sex with Danielle after they moved in together but that she shut him down.

So he tries but gets turned down. Want to bet its not the first time she did even though she is saying in her THs how she wants it too. Sorry but even when one is dog tired if its a moment that can be found for sex you take it. Things like that will happen throughout a married couples life because of jobs or kids and so on. Yet even if you are only going to get a couple hours of sleep in the end that time together can be worth it. 

Seeing Danielle questioning if I’m going to be a good husband or not because I was upset about it kind of has me feeling like I’m walking on eggshells and that she is almost looking for reasons to find why our marriage shouldn’t work.

This is says a lot IMO. With the whole train thing and going out. He makes it sounds like he was going to go with his friends and she off with her's as if they were not going to be together. While she makes it sound like they would be. Yet if he was tired from the crap all day with the show why not let him relax instead of questioning him like a kid? Besides that not everyone wants to go out like that either. Its only a short time since they got back from the honeymoon and moved in. She wants to go out and live it up and he wants to chill for a night. So be it. Does it really much matter in the end? I do think he could have looked at her in the moment say he just wasn't feeling like going out but I still think she wouldn't have been happy with it either way on why. I wouldn't be surprised if we are getting the lovely editing spin to make it look more like he is just a boy and she is left wondering when she will get sex from him in a "manly" way. So IMO at this point he is kind of getting the screwed edit...just like I think Sheila is with the emotional meltdowns. 

• Love 1

Cody & Danielle are both missing the mark with each other so badly.

He doesn't want to fail at this but is doing everything wrong. She's quickly having enough of him. She's frustrated as hell & he's pouting.

My prediction with everything going on & things they've said so far is Danielle asks for the divorce, but we'll see.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

So he tries but gets turned down. Want to bet its not the first time she did even though she is saying in her THs how she wants it too. Sorry but even when one is dog tired if its a moment that can be found for sex you take it. Things like that will happen throughout a married couples life because of jobs or kids and so on. Yet even if you are only going to get a couple hours of sleep in the end that time together can be worth it. 

Seeing Danielle questioning if I’m going to be a good husband or not because I was upset about it kind of has me feeling like I’m walking on eggshells and that she is almost looking for reasons to find why our marriage shouldn’t work.

This is says a lot IMO. With the whole train thing and going out. He makes it sounds like he was going to go with his friends and she off with her's as if they were not going to be together. While she makes it sound like they would be. Yet if he was tired from the crap all day with the show why not let him relax instead of questioning him like a kid? Besides that not everyone wants to go out like that either. Its only a short time since they got back from the honeymoon and moved in. She wants to go out and live it up and he wants to chill for a night. So be it. Does it really much matter in the end? I do think he could have looked at her in the moment say he just wasn't feeling like going out but I still think she wouldn't have been happy with it either way on why. I wouldn't be surprised if we are getting the lovely editing spin to make it look more like he is just a boy and she is left wondering when she will get sex from him in a "manly" way. So IMO at this point he is kind of getting the screwed edit...just like I think Sheila is with the emotional meltdowns. 

I don't really agree with your statement about if you are tired but have the opportunity for sex to just take it. After having a baby, when she was a couple of months old, all I wanted was sleep. Sleep outweighed sex, for me. After a long day of work, child or not, it's totally ok to not be in the mood and not have sex. A partner should respect that. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JAndy said:

I don't really agree with your statement about if you are tired but have the opportunity for sex to just take it. After having a baby, when she was a couple of months old, all I wanted was sleep. Sleep outweighed sex, for me. After a long day of work, child or not, it's totally ok to not be in the mood and not have sex. A partner should respect that. 

I have been there 3 times and feel like what I said was taken out of context or maybe I didn't say it right. I am not saying its a must or about respect or disrespect towards a partner but there is a point that sometimes you have to take the chances you can for that part of the relationship. If it starts lacking it can have an effect on the marriage in so many ways. Kids or no kids. I've been through it all over the years and we have had times we went without for long periods because of situations (kids, sickness, tired, etc, etc). I will say it had effected things during those times. Those times had nothing to with a newborn or a few months old or so baby either. Its a bit harder for most during that and don't think many are thinking of it then. I have known a mom in a mom's group years ago that said her and her husband would make the time when they could to sneak off for a short time for sex. They had 3 kids at that point and little time unless they made it. Yet with this situation with Danielle and Cody its different. There are no kids, just annoying untrained dogs. I just think each has possibly wanted to see what it was like with their spouse but at the same time isn't fully attracted to each other.  They show though that since the wedding night with how they seemed hot and heavy for each other that by not moving forward with that side of things that it has effected their relationship in a negative manner. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Gobears said:

In his People blog, Cody said that he initiated sex with Danielle after they moved in together but that she shut him down.

If you notice what she says down the page, it looks like he made the attempt after she had already been turned off to him based on the immature way he was acting - Can't blame her for that.  He had plenty of time to make a good impression but he just did everything wrong and after a while she lost whatever desire she had (or could develop) for him - so much that it went into the negative column, like "ewww" territory.  I can't blame her one bit - I'm feeling the "ewww" vibes second hand all the way from the TV screen.

Geez, if a guy put me in the "friend zone", because he wasn't confident enough to be with me and then started acting like a pathetic immature wussy I would lose respect for him and it would feel like a rejection and I'd turn off to him too.  There's absolutely NOTHING attractive about that.  There is the winsome shy guy that just needs a little encouragement and then there's the Cody-esque pathetic wussy that is so immature and inept that it totally turns you off with no chance of redemption.  He's waaaaaaay over that line!

• Love 6

What if by chance it wasn't the first time he tried but was turned down each time? He "friend zoned" her for a reason. I think there is a lot more to the story then we are getting....as usual. Mind you I don't care for either of them and thought it was stupid to pick them both and then on top of it match them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

What if by chance it wasn't the first time he tried but was turned down each time? He "friend zoned" her for a reason. I think there is a lot more to the story then we are getting....as usual. Mind you I don't care for either of them and thought it was stupid to pick them both and then on top of it match them. 

But then Danielle would have had to be misrepresenting herself about being the one who wants sex and I just don't think she would have lied  about that.  I think he friend zoned her first, then she lost interest in him, and then when he wanted to change that his attempts were probably so awkward and pathetic she couldn't get it back, and frankly in that case I wouldn't blame her one bit. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

But then Danielle would have had to be misrepresenting herself about being the one who wants sex and I just don't think she would have lied  about that.  I think he friend zoned her first, then she lost interest in him, and then when he wanted to change that his attempts were probably so awkward and pathetic she couldn't get it back, and frankly in that case I wouldn't blame her one bit. 

It wouldn't be the first time that happened with one misrepresenting themselves. IMO She hasn't made it clear to him she was interested. All we see are THs saying she was and then her saying she isn't all that attracted to him though. Which of course the loving editing folks and producers love I am sure. Yet I haven't seen anything past the honeymoon night where they seemed some what hot and heavy to where it went to cool down fast. This is why I say something may have happened that night to turn him to "friend zone" her so he to protect himself. Which in turn she starts to do the same as time goes on. Yet I haven't seen a thing from her with body language or anything else saying to him she wanted sex. IMO neither has much personality going on and they are just both pretty awkward. The so called "experts" should never have picked either one for this show. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 26.5.2017 at 2:08 PM, Jellybeans said:

I don't think Nick is gay or bisexual.  I think he simply was not into Sonia.  She is hard to take.

I don't think he's gay either but I do think he eventually came around and was in the end more into her than vice versa.

Sonia is at it again on Twitter complaining why every woman is not supporting her. She's got a whole fan club fawning over her and Nick is barely on SM anymore, but apparently that is not enough - she wants everyone to fawn over her. Love how she uses feminism for her own selfish purposes. And her desperate attempts to get a spot MAFS2C are embarrassing as well. I know I don't have to look at her SM, but she's like a car crash, you don't want to look, but you kind of have to. I don't think she's an awful person but she's a hypocrite to boot.

Seeing Tom's posting today leads me to the conclusion that he and Lily have split. 

Kind of a sad outcome - three back-to-back seasons where no couple stayed together. These experts should be fired, their track record is no better than any educated guess of an ordinary person. So much for their "science".

Edited by Agnetha
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

It wouldn't be the first time that happened with one misrepresenting themselves. IMO She hasn't made it clear to him she was interested. All we see are THs saying she was and then her saying she isn't all that attracted to him though. Which of course the loving editing folks and producers love I am sure. Yet I haven't seen anything past the honeymoon night where they seemed some what hot and heavy to where it went to cool down fast. This is why I say something may have happened that night to turn him to "friend zone" her so he to protect himself. Which in turn she starts to do the same as time goes on. Yet I haven't seen a thing from her with body language or anything else saying to him she wanted sex. IMO neither has much personality going on and they are just both pretty awkward. The so called "experts" should never have picked either one for this show. 

I do think she has a lot of personality but I agree that she must be giving off some negative signals regarding sex. I'm not buying the 'Danielle is so super open to having sex with Cody but he's refusing' narrative. Also, I think she's pretty intimidating, he probably feels like he's walking on eggshells and is being judged for every breath he takes. I'm not judging her, she's a grown and experienced woman who is stuck with an inexperienced boy. Neither of them is bad, it's just that the 'experts' did a pretty bad job.

• Love 7
On 5/26/2017 at 6:15 AM, JAndy said:

Also, I really want to know what parents are like "oh cool, I'm so excited you're getting married to a person you never met!"

See, this is the thing.  The parents know this is a TV reality show.  Their child has told them how them how this works.  I don't believe the parents are acting because that is difficult to do.  I hope they are not just stupid. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Agnetha said:

Seeing Tom's posting today leads me to the conclusion that he and Lily have split. 

I don't follow SM - what did he say?? I'm sorry to hear if that's the case. 

From what I've heard it seems Lily is quite close to Sonia; I hope she's not been a negative influence with her own crap.

6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't follow SM - what did he say?? I'm sorry to hear if that's the case. 

From what I've heard it seems Lily is quite close to Sonia; I hope she's not been a negative influence with her own crap.

He didn't explicitly say anything and in all fairness, him liking all the separation posts doesn't say anything since he likes every comment, but the whole vibe of the post seemed sad, he admitted he doesn't know where she is and she posted two comments (which she has deleted since) they seemed to point to a separation. 

I don't think she's influenced by Sonia. It's just that this show doesn't work and that she was young and very different from Tom when she went into this. They matched an ambitious realtor who dreamt of a good middle-class life with a free-spirited bus-living surfer guy and after the sexual passion waned off, there was not much left. I don't fault either of them, the experts did a shitty job. I was one of the few people who always thought that Sonia and Nick were a much better match than Tom and Lily - Sonia and Nick had similar aspirations and were at a similar stage in their lives (and might have worked if it wasn't for SM), but Tom and Lily were not. They had sexual chemistry but were ultimately completely different people with different goals. I'm kind of surprised how all these participants fawn over Rachel and Calvin. I'd be freaking pissed about these shitty matches. 

• Love 2

I also did not think Tom & Lily were compatible & was surprised they stayed together, but it was most likely the sex.

Never cared for Nick & Sonia individually or as a couple.

Dissing the 'matchmakers' would most likely never be tolerated on this show, & of course, it's never their fault when things don't work out. (sarcasm)

• Love 3

Does anyone know how long this season is going to be? Is it going to be 15 episodes like last season? How is this show longer than the Bachelor (11 episodes) when the latter is so much more popular?

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, Snarklepuss said:

If you notice what she says down the page, it looks like he made the attempt after she had already been turned off to him based on the immature way he was acting - Can't blame her for that.  He had plenty of time to make a good impression but he just did everything wrong and after a while she lost whatever desire she had (or could develop) for him - so much that it went into the negative column, like "ewww" territory.  I can't blame her one bit - I'm feeling the "ewww" vibes second hand all the way from the TV screen.

This cracked me up!  I was telling Monsieur K. that Cody kind of grosses me out, but I couldn't really articulate why, especially having dozed off during parts of each episode (we tend to watch this show just before retiring for the night).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gobears said:

Does anyone know how long this season is going to be? Is it going to be 15 episodes like last season? How is this show longer than the Bachelor (11 episodes) when the latter is so much more popular?

I wish I could answer your questions.  All I know is that this season, the couples are together for eight weeks instead of six.  It seems like they are moving things along a little more swiftly this season, so I'm hopeful that they'll keep it to 15 episodes or fewer.  Previous seasons were just so padded with repetitive filler.

• Love 2
(edited)

When Cody starts talking about becoming a husband to Danielle... it's the movie Groundhog Day... same ol'...same ol'

Upcoming on M@FS...Cody tells to his golfing buddy that he hasn't had sex with his wifey.

Perhaps the Codester thought playing golf would help the "Fore!" in foreplay....

Please submit your snarky sex/golf jokes....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

http://starcasm.net/archives/370601

Lily and Tom are dunzo...

0 for 3 for the experts on Season 4 couples...Like season 2 and season 3

Wow.

No, wow.  I'm never surprised when couples from this show split up.  This isn't a social experiment at all, it's a show.  The producers aren't searching for people who are JUST looking for love; they're searching for attractive people who want to be on TV and are willing to let the producers manipulate and edit the crap out of them, for their storyline.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Wow.

No, wow.  I'm never surprised when couples from this show split up.  This isn't a social experiment at all, it's a show.  The producers aren't searching for people who are JUST looking for love; they're searching for attractive people who want to be on TV and are willing to let the producers manipulate and edit the crap out of them, for their storyline.

Agree. Sadly though if this is true, the crazies will start showing up in full force I can imagine and attack Lily over it all and gush over Tom and how they want to date him now. *gag* 

I have a question for one that might know, have they ever explained how they get these couples to sign all the papers needed to make the marriage legal without the 2nd one seeing it? 

(edited)

Evil Queen, this interview with a producer says a marriage license is signed "immediately after the ceremony".  Not sure how legal that is.

http://www.thewrap.com/9-married-at-first-sight-burning-questions/

Edited to add this would not be allowed in Illinois (where I am and where this season's weddings--I'm assuming as I bailed on this show last year--took place).

In Illinois both parties need to be present to obtain a marriage license, and it needs to be obtained at least one day before the ceremony.  Here are the Cook County regulations, but they seem to be the same throughout the state from what I can tell.

http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/vitalrecords/marriagelicenses/Pages/default.aspx

Edited by henrysmom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4558816/Married-Sight-star-worries-burden.html

Insight why Ashley's eyes welled up in her one to one with Rachel in tomorrow's episode.

Ashley thinks that Anthony mentioned to Rachel that he is "put upon" or burdened to be her "whisperer" when she gets freaked out about marrying a stranger.

Even though Rachel assures her that Anthony did not, Ashley has convinced herself that it is a problem.

Is Ashley unraveling?

Is Anthony getting fed up?

Trouble brewing in the D'Amico/I'm keeping my name, dammit Petta marriage?

Sonia mentioned something about a document she had to sign and where his parts where somehow covered but they forgot to cover he was Caucasian. Don't know whether it was about the license though.