Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Lost Paradise

• Start Topic

Father started turning into a bit of a nagging househusband, hah, hah.

A door is always a door. Good to know.

Paul's a little smarty and Campion can't deal. Campion was used to being the most special in everything before the new kids showed up.

PIV at Zero-G. I thought that scene was extraordinary. Not sure about the part where the white "blood" started pouring down though. (On reddit they were calling it, uh, ejaculate. 😉)

When you come at the queen you best not miss. Those steampunk bombs were a joke.

Poor Paul. He got turned into a child soldier and they're not even his real parents!

Uh, oh, Marcus succumbed to Sol? Oy, bet he's going to wish he had gone ahead and killed Mother. (Again, there's a theory over on reddit that the voice is actually OG Campion. That'd be  an unexpected turn.)

• Love 2

There were some pretty cool visuals in this one. The post android sex aftermath and the zero gravity fun time with large rocks were gorgeous to look at as long as you didn't think too hard about them. Of course if a guy stumbled onto a sexy murder bot he's going to get into some weird creator-muse relationship with it and have sex with it because of course he is. I know we're talking about androids and murder bots here, but there's something about the whole thing that raises issues about free will and consent that are probably left well enough alone for this genre.

How much time has passed at this point since Mother nabbed the kids as replacement children? Father generally means well enough, but he really shouldn't have been at all surprised that at least some of the kids they snatched would be rooting for the humans to come take them back. While the kids are better as a motivation for both the human and nonhuman adults than they are as individual characters, I couldn't help but snort at Campion getting shown up for not being nearly the budding young genius he clearly believed himself to be by virtue of having survived his childhood among the androids up to this point.

So Marcus needed Paul to do his own turn as a child soldier to lure Mother out after all the Stormtroopers, excuse me, Mithraics got themselves killed. I find myself both fascinated and repelled by that family dynamic. Oh sorry, son, but you're not actually our son. We had to kill your mommy and daddy and steal their faces to get a spot on the last ship out. But we've come to love you anyway. We good? I'm sure that conversation's going to go well. I see that Travis Fimmel isn't washing his hands for this role either.

The show's really going to need to clue me in at some point whether anything about Tally vision or the voices Marcus is hearing are real and to what degree.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

There were some pretty cool visuals in this one. The post android sex aftermath and the zero gravity fun time with large rocks were gorgeous to look at as long as you didn't think too hard about them.

After just having seen flying sex on "The Boys", I was a little jaded when this scene appeared, thinking "twice in one day, that is a little odd".

Of course if a guy stumbled onto a sexy murder bot he's going to get into some weird creator-muse relationship with it and have sex with it because of course he is. I know we're talking about androids and murder bots here, but there's something about the whole thing that raises issues about free will and consent that are probably left well enough alone for this genre.

I think as long as you don't void the warranty, you are all good.

• LOL 1

Campion should not be too surprised that Paul figured out the puzzle faster than he did. 
Campion was raised by two androids - basically two super computers .. yet he has probably spent half of his life collecting firewood, fetching water and growing potato-things. 
None of them managed to figure out more efficient ways to do any of those things.  And none of them considered moving to a better location.
They even know that the giant holes put out heat .. but they don't bother to take advantage of that. 

None of the characters are what one might consider sympathetic protagonists.
Mother is a murder-bot who kidnaps children and has killed dozens of adults (maybe hundreds by crashing the ship).
Mother lies to Father. Father and Campion keep secrets from Mother. Campion lies to Father. The kidnapped children somehow manage to be more petulant than traumatized. 
And the primary human characters murdered the people whose identities they stole .. and somehow managed to be to fake, wing-nut religious parents for thirteen years in a simulated environment.  

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1