Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Pentagram

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

After a confrontation with Marcus, Mother discovers and takes five Mithraic children (Hunter, Tempest, Paul, Holly and Vita) back to her settlement. While Mother, Father and Campion, adjust to living with a new group of Earth-born children, Marcus struggles to survive alone on Kepler-22b.

This one raised more questions than provided any real answers. So Travis Fimmel is in actuality Marcus 2.0 and was on the sciency rather than the religion side of the war but now hiding out on the other team. I wonder how that will come into play with Mother adding his Not Son to her menagerie of surrogate children. Will it even register with her that they come from the same side? I still can't tell if any part of her acting as these kids' or any kids' mother is legitimate motivation or if it's as the smarter than smart kid said that she's just some kind of extermination bot. If it's the latter case where she was built to serve humans, it seems like they might have thought to put in some kind of accessible kill switch to prevent her from going sonic Medusa on everybody. All of this is so outside of my wheelhouse.

Father certainly got over Mother "killing" him fairly quickly. Maybe it's easier for an android when it's less final death and more just needing a new part or two. I do kind of love that's he apparently programmed for terrible jokes that he practices and that the smarter than smart kid quickly saw the wisdom of doing some work rather than continue to listen to him. So they only packed the one full body condom onesie and now he has to go the rest of all time with a crudely patched up hole from where she impaled him?

Even in this universe the religious leaders are diddling the kids. Because of course they are.

• Love 2

If it was that easy to make yourself look like someone else how could anyone ever be sure who someone really is?

Wonder if Paul knew nuMarcus and nuSue weren't his real parents?

Father is in an abusive relationship. Mother basically told him if he gets out of line she'll overpower him and deactivate him again. Not a great way to "live" unless he's mainly trying to protect the kids.

What was the big deal about Paul giving Campion the mouse? Did the religious kids expect it to create a sense of reciprocal obligation on Campion's part? I'm not sure that's human nature so much as socialization.

Jokes tailored for geniuses. Whee, Father shut Hunter's ego right down. I like him.

OMG, rapists even in this universe. Darned dystopia. Is Tempest's pregnancy too far along to terminate or would that be against the Mithraic religion? Eh, RBW went a little Handmaid's Tale with her. 😕

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
On 9/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wonder if Paul knew nuMarcus and nuSue weren't his real parents?

From what it seems like Paul never really spent time with his parents. The parents were high level people navigating the end of the world and securing their place on the ark that will take them to another world. Paul seemed surprised that his parents were talking to him when they met at the evacuation station. I believe it would be normal that people would change their personality from when they are in the final throes of a devastating war to finally looking forward to a peaceful new beginning. A great weight has been lifted from their shoulders and they can be more laid back.

• Useful 2
On 9/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, nodorothyparker said:

it seems like they might have thought to put in some kind of accessible kill switch to prevent her from going sonic Medusa on everybody.

LOL.  "Sonic Medusa" should totally be the name of a rock band.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:24 PM, paigow said:

Surprised Marcus 1.0 survived as long as he did...no gun in the house during war..lets 2 people sneak up on them while boiling a pot of water...

If Marcus 1.0 and his wife we so high-ranking that they had a seat reserved for them on the Ark, then why were they living in squalor?  And how did their replacements know where to find them?  They seemed to be squatting in that bombed out building.

• Love 4

I didn't understand the eye thing. Campion stole them, she got them back, blew up all the animals and said Tempest could not look at her and them took them out. What happened to her other eyes? Why can't anyone look at her, except Father?

• Love 1