Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E18: Results Show 4

• Start Topic

• The recapping went on and on and on and then I looked at the clock and it was only 8:05?
  • And still it went on...
  • Kenadi Dodds vs Noah Epps: No surprise. I like her dress. But not her boots.
  • A moment of silence for the poor Muppets who gave their lives for Alex Hooper's coat.
  • Lightwave Theater Co. vs Alex Hooper vs  Broken Roots: I just noticed the bald one resembles a guy I work with (if he was 20 years younger).
  • Brandon Leake vs Wildcats vs Divas&Drummers: The littlest drummer is so freakin' cute.
  • Howie has "two words" for Brandon. Proceeds to say approximately 30 words.
  • Sofia showing off her ventriloquism "skills"...it was hard to hear, what with with my mute button engaged and all.
  • Dunkin' Save - Bello Sisters vs Celina vs Resound
  • Judges' Save - Bello Sisters vs ResoundOhforgodssakejustpickoneneitherofthemaregonnawinanyway

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

No major issues with the ones who survived.  I was a bit surprised that the Compton drummers did not even make it to a potential Dunkin save.

Sofia was a surprise with her serviceable ventriloquism.  I enjoyed most of the segment with Darci, who was rather savvy with the whole thing.  I loved the bandaged Simon doll.  Howie is typically annoying, but there is no denying he has his witty moments, like this one.

No way the cowboy singers advance again, but I am pleased Ameriker had them in Top 3.  

Any predictions as to when Simon makes his first taped and his first live appearances?  I bet we see him next week on tape.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Kenadi Dodds vs Noah Epps:

Noah the Dancing Puppet Boy was the act I missed last night while taking out the garbage. I liked him before, his Pinocchio act was neat. I give him props for applauding Kenadi and actually being happy to be there while other acts look down to spare us from their going-to-the-guillotine expressions.

Alex Hooper broke that impending-death mold while waiting for his results. No death stare from him. I noticed the camera did not focus on him as he performed his last acts -- balancing, this time! -- on the AGT stage. I'd go see one of his shows, at least he's not an old wet blanket.

I hate that Divas and Drummer feel the need to stick a little kid in their act to get the AWWwwwww votes. Don't they know Cristina Ray has dibs on the little-kid voters. So bye, Drummers.

Got a kick out of the poor-sport losers not even congratulating the acts that beat them. All except the Pinocchio kid. He was cool.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Noah the Dancing Puppet Boy was the act I missed last night while taking out the garbage. I liked him before, his Pinocchio act was neat. I give him props for applauding Kenadi and actually being happy to be there while other acts look down to spare us from their going-to-the-guillotine expressions.

His routine was a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I hate that Divas and Drummer feel the need to stick a little kid in their act to get the AWWwwwww votes. Don't they know Cristina Ray has dibs on the little-kid voters. So bye, Drummers.

But he's a little kid in a giant hat!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Color me surprised!  Everything was going as predicted with me watching, consulting my Madame X crystal ball, when at the end my turban flew off at the surprise of Celina getting the donut win and Bello Sisters being chosen over Resound!  I am truly happy for my fellow San Diegan for getting through.  I was sure the threesome of singers would have won just because of the sheer "security in numbers" factor, as both acts are singers.  Howie threw a double whammy when he broke the tie sending Resound home and getting Bello Sisters back from Germany.  Or maybe they're staying there because of COVID-19 travel restrictions and let's get real, they're not gonna win the whole thing and wind up in Vegas.  Or will they?

Before we get excited to see the Sisters on the Strip, remember we have Archie Williams coming back!

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • LOL 1

When Archie Williams walked off the stage having advanced to the semifinals, I thought that along with decent vocals and a huge 37 year old sob story, no one was going to beat him. Not even Christina Rae's little cute son. Here comes the spoken word dude and everything has changed. Williams's 37 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit, has been shaded by the "woke" narrative. Wow. Sure I have my favorites. But none of them probably won't win. I've suddenly turned the tables a bit. I will be cheering any and all sob story contestants. Anyone, that will beat the "wokeman"!

• Love 5

Kinda too bad for Alex Hooper because the guy does have something.  Doesn't he just remind you of one of those characters from a cheesy 1980's spring break movie?   Perhaps NBC could add him as an SNL cast member because i actually believe he could thrive doing late night sketch comedy.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

consulting my Madame X crystal ball,

Was that your Crystal(Blue) ball? Ha ha, I crack myself up.

I agree about Spoken Word Man giving Archie a run for the win. As for the Bello sisters being or not being in Vegas, the balancing act from last year (forgot their name) that performed last night, it was announced they are now in Vegas. So yeah, look for Bello sisters on a Vegas marquee when their AGT run is over.

3 hours ago, Swenson said:

Kinda too bad for Alex Hooper because the guy does have something. 

He made me laugh so hard. I hope we (well, I) get to see him again. He is hilarious.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I will be cheering any and all sob story contestants. Anyone, that will beat the "wokeman"!

Don't forget, "Wokeman" (great nickname) has his own sob story too. His first (Golden Buzzer winning) piece was about his dead little sister. And wasn't he wearing her picture on his shirt?

Can't quite put my finger on why, but to me he seems like an opportunist and not really sincere. I feel it's like he sat down and thought, okay, in the present moment, what's the message that's going to win AGT for me? 

I may be in a minority on this site, but putting back story aside, I really enjoy Archie's singing. My favorite type of singer is the story-teller, who connects with the meaning of the lyrics and communicates that to the audience. That's what I hear from Archie.

I'd much rather listen to that than a singer who acts like every song is a platform for them to show off their vocal range, or how long they can hold a note.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

His first (Golden Buzzer winning) piece was about his dead little sister. And wasn't he wearing her picture on his shirt?

His shirt said "Pookie" (his mother's nickname for him) under the picture so I'm assuming the picture is of himself as a baby.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Don't forget, "Wokeman" (great nickname) has his own sob story too. His first (Golden Buzzer winning) piece was about his dead little sister. And wasn't he wearing her picture on his shirt?

Can't quite put my finger on why, but to me he seems like an opportunist and not really sincere. I feel it's like he sat down and thought, okay, in the present moment, what's the message that's going to win AGT for me? 

I may be in a minority on this site, but putting back story aside, I really enjoy Archie's singing. My favorite type of singer is the story-teller, who connects with the meaning of the lyrics and communicates that to the audience. That's what I hear from Archie.

I'd much rather listen to that than a singer who acts like every song is a platform for them to show off their vocal range, or how long they can hold a note.

Absolutely about Archie's singing.

Brandon lost me when he started naming names.  Too politically charged and in the moment, not just a general dissertation of growing up black or being a black man, which would have been fine with me if he's relaying his life experience.

• Love 1