Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Scanning Frequencies

• Start Topic

This epic serialized sci-fi series is executive produced and directed by Ridley Scott (The Martian, Blade Runner, Alien: Covenant). Acclaimed writer Aaron Guzikowski, the visionary behind the highly lauded film Prisoners, created the 10-episode series and serves as showrunner and writer for the project, which recently wrapped production in Cape Town, South Africa. The series centers on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task. The first three episodes of this highly-anticipated series will premiere on September 3rd on HBO Max. 
The series stars Amanda Collin, Abubakar Salim, Winta McGrath, Niamh Algar, Jordan Loughran, Matias Varela, Felix Jamieson, Ethan Hazzard, Aasiya Shah, Ivy Wong, and Travis Fimmel.

Edited by AnimeMania

‘Raised By Wolves’ Renewed At HBO Max For Season 2

HBO Max has renewed Ridley Scott’s sci-fi drama Raised By Wolves for a second season after revealing it has been the fledgling streamer’s top-performing original.

The WarnerMedia service has handed the drama a second run, weeks after it launched with three episodes on September 3. The company said the show had grown its audience in its second week by nearly 50%.

• Love 1

‘Raised By Wolves’: Ridley Scott’s HBO Max Sci-Fi Drama Adds Six For Season 2

Peter-Christoffersen-Selina-Jones-Morgan

(Top L-R) Peter Christoffersen, Selina Jones, Morgan Santo, (Bottom L-R) James Harkness, Kim Engelbrecht and Jennifer Saayeng

In season two, Android partners Mother (Amanda Collin) and Father (Abubakar Salim), along with their brood of six human children, join a newly formed atheistic colony in Kepler 22 b’s mysterious tropical zone. But navigating this strange new society is only the start of their troubles as Mother’s “natural child” threatens to drive what little remains of the human race to extinction.

Christoffersen will play “Cleaver,” a devoted atheist soldier, veteran of the war on Earth, whose only friend is the super computer he has been sworn to protect.

Jones will play “Grandmother,” a god-like android, built thousands of years ago by members of the lost civilization that existed on Kepler 22b.

Santo will play “Vrille,” a fully humanoid android custom built to look and behave just as the real Vrille Pell did the year she committed suicide. Vrille is rebellious, impulsive, dark – and has an affection for rabbits and other small animals, which she likes to pet and hold when she is overtaxed. Though fairly stable, certain triggers cause Vrille to enter states of confusion, obsession and mania.

Harkness will play “Tamerlane,” an atheist army grunt soldier with a defiant personality. His early life was a horror – until he found his calling with the atheist army, fighting the Mithraic on Earth. But now that he’s a member of the burgeoning atheist colony on Kepler 22b he is expected to forget the hate he feels towards his enemy and accept a number of Mithraic as neighbors – an expectation which he violently rebels against.

Engelbrecht will play “Decima.” Highly educated, Decima was a prominent scientist/weapons developer on Earth who did a lot of immoral things in order to achieve success/domination in her field. She is notoriously ruthless – but still carries guilt – though she erased much of her guilty feelings with futuristic therapies she personally helped develop.

Saayeng will play “Nerva,” a tough atheist woman who runs an underground network of goods and services. Nerva is a civilian who was brought aboard a hijacked ark along with many others, simply due to geography and the fact they identified as atheists. Nerva lost a child to disease during the trip to Kepler – and often secretly looks out for children living in the colony.

• Useful 1

Raised by Wolves Season 2 returns to the streaming service HBO Max on February 3, 2022. Production ran from March to August 2021 in South Africa.

In season two of RAISED BY WOLVES, Android partners Mother (Amanda Collin) and Father (Abubakar Salim), along with their brood of six human children, join a newly formed atheistic colony in Kepler 22 b’s mysterious tropical zone. But navigating this strange new society is only the start of their troubles as Mother’s “natural child” threatens to drive what little remains of the human race to extinction.

• Love 2

Not a surprise, that must have been a very expensive shows with very little media prsesence.

I'm now worried about "The Man Who Fell To Earth" which I love but almost nobody seems to watch.

(edited)

The showrunner says it can still get picked up elsewhere, and it should; RBW got critical acclaim and a large audience. Apple+ would be a great new home.

Edited by Glade
8 hours ago, Glade said:

Apple+ would be a great new home.

Agreed. Apple loves weird sh*t. Unlike Netflix and Amazon however, I don't think they are in the habt of rescueing cancelled shows.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

‘Raised by Wolves’ Canceled

One one hand, it's a shame because we are left with with a major cliffhanger regarding Mother and GrandMa.
One might think a more high-tier network like HBO would offer some type of conclusion, such as a two hour movie.

On the other hand, wandering around aimlessly in deserted locations was also a perfect metaphor for this show.  So many plot points seemed completely random and the child actors were quickly outgrowing their characters.  So many WTF moments..
... but I would probably have followed the show to season 3 just out of curiosity - to see what direction it would veer off to next. 

• Love 4

Sigh, I wish I could say I was sad about the cancellation. I gave up on this show about halfway through the second season because it was too hard to watch IMO. Whatever happened in a given episode was likely be reversed in the next one or two episodes, and it seemed to me like the writers were mainly just looking for ways to fill the time.

The first season was brilliant with amazing special effects. It was a visually stunning show. After so much promise had been built, season two fell significantly in quality, I think.

• Love 2