Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Exit Strategy

From http://www.globaltv.com/rookieblue/episodeguide/season5/

Chris’ addiction issues come to a head when an innocuous call to a middle-class home puts Dov and Chris in the middle of a suspicious home invasion investigation. As the victims’ secrets come out, the full extent of the family’s dysfunction sends their teenage son to a place of despair – but it’s Chris and Dov who end up in a struggle for their lives.

I thought this was a very good episode, probably the best of the season so far. 

Gregory Smith's acting was superb. He really got to me this episode. I don't really care about what happens between him and Chloe, but I do know I want to see more of that kind of Dov.

I am also not super fond of the story line involving Oliver, but at the same time I am very happy to see more of him. We get to see more than a glimpse of the cop, we see his struggles, his loyalty, etc...  I really enjoy watching that from that actor.

Peck...  I thought it was cute how he was going after Tracy before but now...  It's almost creepy. Tracy made a big boo-boo but what Peck was doing was equally if not more amoral. 

• Love 1

Peck was trying to catch criminals, Tracy was helping them. What she did was beyond big boo-boo. I wish these people would actually pay for what they do instead of others covering for them.

Diaz is a cop on drugs. - Dov is covering and will end paying for.

Andy's falsifying reports. - Which Oliver paid for.

Sam covered Marlo's mental issues. - Which Frank paid for.

Tracy's helping criminals get away from the cops - Which Peck paid for.

• Love 3

Losing interest in the show.

It was obvious from the beginning where the Tracy scenes would lead to, but that didn't stop me from finding the whole thing very annoying. Tracy, in this ex-husband struggle, shit or get off the pot. Peck was way out of line though and he had to brag about it too; he could have just arrested the guy, as if it just happened, but no, he had to brag first and let Tracy know it was intentional. Karma is a bitch.

Not enough Gail.

I might wait until recaps are online to see if it's worth watching the next episodes.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it's become painfully obvious that the writer's have given up. It's kind of hilarious. I do still enjoy things though, thankfully. I just wish the would have put more effort into the last season. Hopefully the second half will be better.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Traci is my favourite character, which made it hard to watch how stupid she's become this season.  How does the actress still manage to act like she cares?

I still hate Andi/Sam but at least it's not as dysfunctional as it was before.

I think the only person I liked in this episode was Dov because he's been there, done that, but he's still trying, and Oliver when he gave Peck the go-ahead for the raid.

The USA airing was interrupted tonight, for a statement by Obama about "emergency military action" in Iraq. I'm wondering if anyone can recap what happened after they carried the kid out of the house.

I was extremely annoyed by Tracy's stupidity, and Andi's as well. It's hard to fathom just how deeply idiotic they have both become. Worse than rookies. They're Duncan levels of stupid, and should know better. At least we didn't have to see Duncan himself.

I like Oliver, and I like Dov. But Dov also should know better than to enable an addict. Diaz isn't being helped by being given a pass. Oliver's boss is creepy. Why can't he speak in a normal tone of voice and make eye contact like a regular person?

When did Traci get so stupid? Your deadbeat asshole ex who is trying to make you pay child support and get full custody, somehow needs to be saved? And because of your stupidity, you ruined the raid. How is any of this ok?

Shut up Andi. You made a mistake and for once got in trouble. Get over yourself.

Dov continues to be great- too bad he's saddled with such an annoying girlfriend. I hope Chris gets help.

Why couldn't anyone go into the house with a gas mask to open the damn door for Dov and Chris?

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
(edited)

The USA airing was interrupted tonight, for a statement by Obama about "emergency military action" in Iraq. I'm wondering if anyone can recap what happened after they carried the kid out of the house.

Dov, Andi and Sam were talking outside while Chris was breathing through an oxygen mask. Sam said to Dov that Chris owes him a beer...  At which point Dov asked to sit in Andi's car.

Next scene is Nick and Tracy talking about how the raid was a bust. They are in a room with all the pictures from the surveillance on the guys Peck tried to bust (including Dex). Tracy notices the dates are different on different pictures. Some are from two months ago, some are from the current case. Tracy confronts Peck about it and puts two and two together - Peck was following Dex on purpose. Peck is pissed at Tracy for screwing up the bust and Tracy is mad at Peck for trailing Dex and trying to put him away. Peck does take the blame while explaining the whole thing to Oliver.

Next, Chris tells Dov that he will get it together, promising to go to another meeting. Dov says he'll talk to Oliver, not wanting to keep Chris' secret anymore. Dov just gives it to Chris, mentioning his junkie brother. Chris goes to talk to Oliver to tell him the whole story, sarcastically thanking Dov for backing him up. Chloe comes to talk to Dov, saying she wants to talk to him, but Dov pushes her away and wants to be alone.

Gail and Andi are in the locker room and Gail tells Andi how she has enjoyed seeing Andi being a bitch, only she's not very good at it, not like she (Gail) is. She tells Andi to get over whatever it is that is bothering her, and that Oliver loves her (Andi), that he loves all of them.

Andi goes to talk to Oliver. Oliver is down in the dumps. Andi tells him she wants the situation to be over but she can't get over it. She wants to act as if everything is ok. Oliver tells her he's not ok with it all, that he's on her side, always have been, always will be. 

The scene between Dov and Chris and the one between Oliver and Andi were my favorites of the episode. So good.

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 3

Thanks for the recap! I missed more of the episode than I realized. I'm really glad you filled in the blanks for me; it seems like enough happened that it could make a difference in what I'm looking at this week.

Any time! This amounted to only about 4 minutes (if I remember correctly), but I felt it was important to understand how relationships are going to play out in the next episodes.

• Love 1

Well Chris was at a AA/NA meeting and seem to be doing ok. Dov waits for his buddy. But we find out that Dov missed a important meeting with a Sargent Rollins. We find out later he may not be able to make a re-appointment. So that upset him especially when he finds out that Chris is still getting texts from dealer Jamie. Dov may have lost out on a possible chance of a promotion. Chris says later he will tell Oliver about his problem. But I am not sure he will. Dov shouldn't be putting off Chloe. Wes or someone else will have her.

Inspector John Jarvis is using Oliver to do his dirty work for him. He has him cover a upper class neighborhood that has low crime rate instead of the illegal poker games, Steve Peck wants a team to break that up. Oliver had to put him on hold, until after Sam's talk with him, Using Oliverisms, "Be the cop you are, not the cop you think you're supposed to be!". Not sure what is behind Jarvis and the upper class neighborhood watch? Wonder if Oliver will talk to Frank Best about it all? Wish he would. Maybe he knows more about Inspector Jarvis then Oliver does?? Frank needs his job back and Oliver can be a TO again. Duncan will need it! Not sure who else except Sam can handle it.

We see that Traci warned Dex about the raid. Not good! But Steve had been trailing him for a while now, pre-raid surveillance. So there will be problems between Steve and Traci. Nick was funny when he talked about wanting those donuts. He got to lead the empty raid. Did Steve put him in charge to take the heat off him?? Seems that Traci is just being to good to Dex. Will it help, or will it come back to bite her?

Gail did like riding with not so nice Andy. Andy talked about Oliver the robot man, and Gail couldn't help laugh.Later Gail told Andy she was to much like Gail Peck and she did it badly. It was so nice she told Andy that Oliver loved them all.Oliver loves you, get over it!" Gail said. Then when Andy went to talk, it made me tear up. Andy trying to joke over it, about "Self" and the "Act as if!!" but it was the best part of the day for them both I bet.

COTW came out kinda strange, but it was ok. Car in driveway running. Looked like passenger window was down. But it was cold out. Ewan locked in his recording studio. They didn't ask Seth how he knew Ewan had the pot? Ewan said only a couple people knew. Jacqlyn had no idea he was selling it. But he had no idea she was in financial trouble. Did Seth get upset and shoot himself when he foundjout that they knew it was Tim Crockett? Did they track down Tim? Nice that Andy and Gail figured out it was an inside job. Chris could tell that maybe Seth wasn't telling the truth, but Dov missed it. Chris passing out from trying to break through the wall. If he worried about the gas lead blowing, then how could he be beating on the wall? I would have thought, unless it was the coke, that did it, that Chris would last longer then Dov in gas. Just my opinion. Dov did a great job saving them all. Then he didn't say anything against Chris to Sam, but not for him either. But Chris did not tell Oliver about it as he said he would. But I think he wanted Dov to stop him. That is why Chris said he could be fired. But it will be interesting to see if he goes back to a meeting.