Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: The Orpheus Gambit

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

So glad to be back! That whole intro was awesome. The reveal that it was CYRIL under the mask was great.

Poor Archer, Everyone got sane and badass that he was gone. Especially NED RYERSON himself is Lana's husband? Lana definitely has a type, he's even more Cyril-y than Cyril. Well, Cyril has character development, so it fits.

I missed everyone so much, and it was glad to see them all on an actual spy mission again. The dolphin landing on Pam was a great touch.

"Beer and wine? What am I, twelve?"

• Love 3

Fun return to reform. Lana marrying a bald billionaire schlub was a nice twist. I'm hoping that there has been some developments from the supporting cast that could survive Archer . . . . well, being Archer around him. Seeing his "babymama" hooked up to a sensitive schmuck, I'm willing to bet the void is looking awfully good to Archer.

At least Pam is still Pam. I know that Cyril is probably going to regress back to being the beta male, and that Cheryl is going to snap sooner or later (#spoiler), but seeing Pam being there for Archer was sweet. And maybe they'll get back to banging.

• Love 4

The opening mission was great. I got a big smile when Ray showed up. 

Nice to see Pam is still Pam. The Archer/Pam friendship is my favorite part of the show. I still think she's a better match for him than Lana.

Cheryl being sane/competent is freaking me out. I expect she'll go crazy soon but, at the same time it would be hilarious if she never slips since we all are waiting for it.

Lana looked great, can't believe they never mentioned AJ.  I kind of hope this is the end of Lana/Archer but, I doubt I'll be that Lucky.

Cyril being Alpha male and a good agent was cool. I really digged the team relationships that formed without Archer. It's going to be fun seeing how that all changes now that he's back.

• Love 3

Really glad to see the show back, and while I enjoyed the coma seasons, I am glad that we are back to the gang doing spy stuff again. It was awesome seeing everyone actually being competent and badass and that they have actually grown in the last few years...and that of course the team dynamic immediately starts falling back into old habits the second Archer returns. I am liking seeing how the team dynamic has changed, and how Archer being back affects things. 

As soon as the person in the mask with Lana didnt get his mask pulled off, I was like "oh shit, its totally Cyril who has become way more badass during the coma! Archer is gonna be so annoyed!" Called it!

It seems inevitable that everyone will revert back to normal pretty soon, especially Cheryl, but its nice to see that Pam is still Pam. She and Archer probably have the closest thing anyone on this show has to a healthy relationship. 

• Love 2
On 9/16/2020 at 9:28 PM, Lantern7 said:

Fun return to reform. Lana marrying a bald billionaire schlub was a nice twist. I'm hoping that there has been some developments from the supporting cast that could survive Archer . . . . well, being Archer around him. Seeing his "babymama" hooked up to a sensitive schmuck, I'm willing to bet the void is looking awfully good to Archer.

At least Pam is still Pam. I know that Cyril is probably going to regress back to being the beta male, and that Cheryl is going to snap sooner or later (#spoiler), but seeing Pam being there for Archer was sweet. And maybe they'll get back to banging.

I'm way more Archer/Pam. I think Archer was wrong and that Pam was the constant in the coma lives. 

I liked the mission. One thing I like about Archer is that he is actually good at his job when he's not bitching. He figured out the picture was a decoy. 

• Love 1

I'm finding it a little much that Cyril is the tactical lead. Lana has way more field experience. I can buy him bulking up and working out, but that's completely different that being able to execute a mission. Besides, I wasn't impressed with him on this mission either. I'm hoping there's more to it that just - Cyril is a badass now. 

Who is the accountant if he's on missions all the time?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That's the key I think to Archer's character development. TPTBs are smart and may be developing this along the season. It's clear from what I watched because she was the only one that said she missed him. And she was straight up with him in telling him not to be a bitch.

Archer was enthralled with Lana in each of the coma lives to be sure, but Pam was always on his team and helping him out. 

They seemed to have dropped Pam's driving skills. I wish that came back. 

• Love 1