Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Legacy

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

All throughout the Pynk, surprising new bonds are formed as everyone fights to secure their bag and their future. Andre faces pushback on his deal with the warring Kyle brothers.

Air Date: August 16, 2020

My toddler cousin looks SO MUCH like the actor that plays Corbin it’s uncanny. His mom is a working actress (theatre mostly) and I showed her side by side photos. If that man ever needs a child version of him in a movie or tv I have the child for him. 

Okay Corbin is a fool. Your brothers don’t like or respect you. They resent your existence. Take your million dollars and GO! Now Andre’s is a damn fool for risking his license and breaking the law to forge those documents, but did he ever think what risk he was putting Corbin in? They may hurt or kill him- does Corbin have a will? If no they’d get his share! And the Pynk has to be a part of the property for sale. 

Mercedes- I feel for her I do. I don’t doubt she loves Terrika but no she’s not her Mom, Shell is. And Shell has done a good job raising her and setting boundaries while trying to make sure Mercedes and Terrika have a relationship. A child is not a toy you can wait to play with until you’re ready to raise it Mercedes. And the girl is 13/14 years old! 

One thing I do like (and that seems realistic) is that Shell doesn’t hold any resentment toward Mercedes for sleeping with her husband (probably because she was a fucking teenager and he was a grown man!!), she acknowledges Mercedes is Terrika’s bio Mom but that doesn’t mean she isn’t going to raise the child the way she sees fit. Mercedes seems to idolize Courtez more than Shell does.

Now that man in the white hat is looking for Hailey and the man who makes the fake IDs has recognized her. 

Andre’s wife is pretty. Seems she has no clue he’s a cheating low life. Away a few days and trying to fuck some random woman. 

• Love 2

I'm enjoying the hell out of the show but I am hoping someone smarter than me can explain what exactly Hailey is doing with the money and transfers. So she found the cash and she is transferring it to herself? I don't get it at all. What are the IDs and disguises for? 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Jadzia said:

I'm enjoying the hell out of the show but I am hoping someone smarter than me can explain what exactly Hailey is doing with the money and transfers. So she found the cash and she is transferring it to herself? I don't get it at all. What are the IDs and disguises for? 

Whatever Hailey was involved in with the man with the white hat, she’s sending the money back to herself from where they stashed it.

The disguises are so that she can use the fake IDs and get the money in amounts just below the tax filing threshold and not trigger the banking algorithm. Also she’s hiding from him (and maybe other people) so she’s not going to use her legal name. 

• Love 2
On 8/17/2020 at 12:28 PM, Jadzia said:

It is a shame that more people are not watching. I, at first, did not want to watch because I did not want to see black women demeaned as strippers.  The show has actually done a good job of building this world and I kinda love Mercedes, Ms. Mississippi, and Uncle Clifford though all of them are far from perfect.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Now Andre’s is a damn fool for risking his license and breaking the law to forge those documents, but did he ever think what risk he was putting Corbin in?

Is that what he's doing? Forging documents? I was confused when he convinced his boss to accept the lease arrangement, but was too lazy to rewind to see what I missed. 

On 8/17/2020 at 11:45 AM, qtpye said:

Hailey's look with the boots and afro wig was fire.

That black dress she had on was also fire.  I'll be looking for where to buy that one.

Hailey keeps dropping all these financial tips that I've been writing down.  I'm looking forward to when we learn that she was stock broker, financial analyst, or money market manager in her prior life.  Not a spoiler, just total speculation on my part.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Is that what he's doing? Forging documents? I was confused when he convinced his boss to accept the lease arrangement, but was too lazy to rewind to see what I missed. 

That black dress she had on was also fire.  I'll be looking for where to buy that one.

Hailey keeps dropping all these financial tips that I've been writing down.  I'm looking forward to when we learn that she was stock broker, financial analyst, or money market manager in her prior life.  Not a spoiler, just total speculation on my part.

That kind of makes me sad if she has to be stripper to hide from that guy in the hat.

However, she is probably making more in a day than I am in a week, so who am I to judge?

5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Yes. Corbin and his brothers signed the sale agreement. Andre is modifying it to be a lease agreement. He’s a fucking AWFUL lawyer!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. Corbin and his brothers signed the sale agreement. Andre is modifying it to be a lease agreement. He’s a fucking AWFUL lawyer!!

Why though? Is he planning to collect the money earned from the lease or is she sharing that with Corbin? Was that their plan the whole time? And if so, how are they gonna pay off the other two brothers since they're desperate for their cash?  So many questions and such a bad idea!

7 hours ago, qtpye said:

That kind of makes me sad if she has to be stripper to hide from that guy in the hat.

However, she is probably making more in a day than I am in a week, so who am I to judge?

I thought she said to someone in a previous episode that she strips because she just likes to.  

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Why though? Is he planning to collect the money earned from the lease or is she sharing that with Corbin? Was that their plan the whole time? And if so, how are they gonna pay off the other two brothers since they're desperate for their cash?  So many questions and such a bad idea!

Yes it’s awful. No I don’t think that was their plan but Andre saw how lucrative the lease idea was and those other brothers pulled a gun on him and he’s pissed. Yup he’s a stupid dude. 

• Love 1
On 8/21/2020 at 11:15 PM, qtpye said:

I'd also imagine that it's an easy way to make fast money.  Taxes aren't taken out of their tips, so Hailey can continue to be undercover and move on when she has to. 

I shouldn't say that it's an "easy" way to make money, but that's the first word that came to mind. Being a stripper is tough. I'm in awe of their moves. The routine Mercedes, Mississippi, and Gidget did is what got me hooked on the show. I wonder if the actresses are actually working the pole or if they have stripper stunt doubles. If they're doing it themselves, then they deserve emmys just for that.

Andre out here risking it all for some WAP. I hope his wife divorces his ass when she finds out. 

I must say that Isaiah Washington is doing a great job as the crooked mayor. I almost didn't recognize him. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
On 8/26/2020 at 8:56 AM, Sheenieb said:

I'd also imagine that it's an easy way to make fast money.  Taxes aren't taken out of their tips, so Hailey can continue to be undercover and move on when she has to. 

I shouldn't say that it's an "easy" way to make money, but that's the first word that came to mind. Being a stripper is tough. I'm in awe of their moves. The routine Mercedes, Mississippi, and Gidget did is what got me hooked on the show. I wonder if the actresses are actually working the pole or if they have stripper stunt doubles. If they're doing it themselves, then they deserve emmys just for that.

Andre out here risking it all for some WAP. I hope his wife divorces his ass when she finds out. 

I must say that Isaiah Washington is doing a great job as the crooked mayor. I almost didn't recognize him. 

Agreed about the incredible grace, athleticism and strength those routines take. I think they must have stripper stunt doubles because it takes a very long time to become that proficient on the pole. And those three person stacked maneuvers? Woah. 
I wince a little when they slide down the pole and land in a full split with an audible thump. That has to hurt and when you remember that television involves multiple takes? Double ouch and kudos to the dancers. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 12/4/2021 at 7:53 AM, AuntieMame said:

Agreed about the incredible grace, athleticism and strength those routines take. I think they must have stripper stunt doubles because it takes a very long time to become that proficient on the pole. And those three person stacked maneuvers? Woah. 
I wince a little when they slide down the pole and land in a full split with an audible thump. That has to hurt and when you remember that television involves multiple takes? Double ouch and kudos to the dancers. 

I've never been to a strip club in person. I only know what I've seen on TV. The Sopranos featured strippers regularly and occasionally you'd see someone who really knew their way around the pole and would have some decent moves. 

Now that I've seen this show though? Every series I've seen that featured strippers was amateur hour compared to what I'm seeing here. These stunt double are so good at what they do. It's like the Cirque du Soleil of stripping. The flexibility, the upper body strength, the incredible timing and musicality. 

If I have a nitpick it's that I find it hard to believe that this tiny town hole in the wall strip club would have that many talented girls on its roster. Wouldn't most of them want to work in a city where they'd make more money?

Fair enough that Hailey is hiding out and Mercedes wants to be near her kid, but what about the others? Seems like the Pynk should have a high turnover rate where they're always looking for new talent. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

Fair enough that Hailey is hiding out and Mercedes wants to be near her kid, but what about the others? Seems like the Pynk should have a high turnover rate where they're always looking for new talent. 

Well it is TV.

Also, Uncle Clifford talks about the Pynk being a leg up for a lot of women, “graduating from the Pynk”. Yes, the Pynk does have a high turn over rate as people move on, go to school etc, we are focusing on this small group of women that are working there now. Mercedes being a long standing employee makes sense as she wants to be near her daughter like you said. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Well it is TV.

Also, Uncle Clifford talks about the Pynk being a leg up for a lot of women, “graduating from the Pynk”. Yes, the Pynk does have a high turn over rate as people move on, go to school etc, we are focusing on this small group of women that are working there now. Mercedes being a long standing employee makes sense as she wants to be near her daughter like you said. 

Yes, I guess there's a little suspension of belief needed, but I don't mind. It certainly doesn't detract from the show. Also, I can understand the show choosing not to have a revolving door of dancers because we get to know them better if they keep the same faces. We're basically getting to see The Pynk function as an untraditional but loving family. Uncle Clifford can be tough on them but they're also very maternal and protective. 

I think I was mainly thinking of girls like Gidget and Keyshawn. Gidget in particular made a comment that indicated that she's been there at least a couple of years and seems to have no plan about "graduating" from the Pynk any time soon. She almost seems afraid to move on. Keyshawn, I think, might be close to getting there if her social media continues to climb.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I've never been to a strip club in person. I only know what I've seen on TV. The Sopranos featured strippers regularly and occasionally you'd see someone who really knew their way around the pole and would have some decent moves. 

Now that I've seen this show though? Every series I've seen that featured strippers was amateur hour compared to what I'm seeing here. These stunt double are so good at what they do. It's like the Cirque du Soleil of stripping. The flexibility, the upper body strength, the incredible timing and musicality. 

If I have a nitpick it's that I find it hard to believe that this tiny town hole in the wall strip club would have that many talented girls on its roster. Wouldn't most of them want to work in a city where they'd make more money?

12 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Yes, I guess there's a little suspension of belief needed, but I don't mind. It certainly doesn't detract from the show. Also, I can understand the show choosing not to have a revolving door of dancers because we get to know them better if they keep the same faces. We're basically getting to see The Pynk function as an untraditional but loving family. Uncle Clifford can be tough on them but they're also very maternal and protective. 

I think I was mainly thinking of girls like Gidget and Keyshawn. Gidget in particular made a comment that indicated that she's been there at least a couple of years and seems to have no plan about "graduating" from the Pynk any time soon. She almost seems afraid to move on. Keyshawn, I think, might be close to getting there if her social media continues to climb.

I think it's very easy to talk about escaping from a small (sometimes dying) town, but in actuality, it's hard for many people to achieve. Very few people ever do, for a variety of reasons. And for the ones who do, a good proportion end up moving back, often because they've "failed", family obligations that pop up (like with the guy Hailey is sleeping with - cant' remember his name), etc.  

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Well it is TV.

Weirdly, I think this show gives the strippers some dignity while still being ratchet enough to be entertaining as Hell.

I respect that this is not an easy balance to achieve.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Avaleigh KeyShawn also has two small babies and an abusive boyfriend. He’s not letting her go anywhere. 

I must not have been paying attention well enough because I didn't realize she had another kid at home. Wow, two kids with the same lowlife. Very sad. I hope she escapes. It seems like she'd be a good fit with the Drakeish looking bouncer. I'm really crossing my fingers that can happen. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

@Avaleigh

Me every time I read one of your comments speculating about what will happen on the show:

giphy.gif

I'm literally sitting on my hands over here! 😂

Yup me too! Glad you joined us and are commenting on these older episodes @Avaleigh .

25 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I must not have been paying attention well enough because I didn't realize she had another kid at home. Wow, two kids with the same lowlife. Very sad. I hope she escapes. It seems like she'd be a good fit with the Drakeish looking bouncer. I'm really crossing my fingers that can happen. 

Yes she’s got a boy and a girl, toddler and a baby. She’s so stuck and it’s so sad. 

Diamond really likes her and is so sweet. He would treat her like a queen (and her babies too). 

• Like 1