Type keyword(s) to search

Jessica and Maurice: Married for the Conjugal Visits

• Start Topic

Jessica and Maurice’s official WE tv bio states, “Jessica was immediately smitten when she stumbled upon Maurice’s profile on ‘Plenty of Fish,’ only to realize later that he was in prison. After three short months of dating, Maurice, serving time for first degree burglary, got down on one knee, ring-less, and proposed to Jessica; who immediately said yes and proceeded to buy her own ring for two dollars. The couple tied the knot in a prison wedding shortly after their engagement and hopes to have a big Vegas wedding following Maurice’s release…but will Jessica’s family accept this new union?”

Maurice went to prison at 19.  He is now 26.  The couple got married so they could have conjugal visits while he was incarcerated.  Now we see where this goes when Maurice is paroled. 

There's got to be more to Jessica's story. I think she's trying to be the "All American Girl" (who happens to be married to a convicted felon from Compton), but she's far from All American to me. Jessica seems totally spacey, like she's on drugs or has some sort of mental deficit. Beyond the fact that she married someone in prison that she hardly knows, I can't imagine her holding down a job (do any of these participants work?) and really living on her own. I don't know if she's got her own place or lives at Mom & Dad's. 

The dress she wore to pick up Maurice? GURRRRRL, get yourself a mirror! She stuffed herself in there but good. I was afraid it was either going to shimmy up over her waist or bust out at the seams. Get something that fits. That dress made her look huge, while in other scenes she looked pretty normal. 

We'll see how this all goes down. Drama will start in 3-2-1....

• Love 6
On 7/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, hookedontv said:

I can't imagine her holding down a job (do any of these participants work?) and really living on her own.

Her chyron description is 'Marketing Consultant'. I actually think the age difference is almost as important as the cultural background. He's 26, and has been in jail since age 19. She's 33, and presumably established in a career. Reminds me of Lacy and Shane (except Lacy's 'career' consisted of getting naked on a private/for-pay webcam show).

• Love 2
On 7/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, hookedontv said:

There's got to be more to Jessica's story. I think she's trying to be the "All American Girl" (who happens to be married to a convicted felon from Compton), but she's far from All American to me. Jessica seems totally spacey, like she's on drugs or has some sort of mental deficit. Beyond the fact that she married someone in prison that she hardly knows, I can't imagine her holding down a job (do any of these participants work?) and really living on her own. I don't know if she's got her own place or lives at Mom & Dad's. 

The dress she wore to pick up Maurice? GURRRRRL, get yourself a mirror! She stuffed herself in there but good. I was afraid it was either going to shimmy up over her waist or bust out at the seams. Get something that fits. That dress made her look huge, while in other scenes she looked pretty normal. 

We'll see how this all goes down. Drama will start in 3-2-1....

I thought that dress was very unflattering as well.  She needed something with a quick release for when they got home, lol.  And what is up with her need for approval from her sister?  You picked a felon, your sister may have kids and sister does not want her kids exposed to that.  No big mystery there.

• Love 2

I Googled him because I forgot his age and came across this:

On 7/30/2020 at 6:02 PM, sempervivum said:

Her chyron description is 'Marketing Consultant'. I actually think the age difference is almost as important as the cultural background. He's 26, and has been in jail since age 19. She's 33, and presumably established in a career. Reminds me of Lacy and Shane (except Lacy's 'career' consisted of getting naked on a private/for-pay webcam show).

I think she does have her own place because she said this episode that he needs to parole to Vegas where she is because she had everything set up there, including a home. There is no way her father will let her move Maurice into his house, so I assume she's independent. When they showed her getting dressed to pick him up, she was by herself.

While watching last nights episode, I was wondering why these two haven’t shown up again so I was glad to see their update. I can’t help it, I still really like Maurice and hope he continues to stay on the straight and narrow. 

• Love 3
On 9/4/2021 at 12:35 PM, DanaMB said:

While watching last nights episode, I was wondering why these two haven’t shown up again so I was glad to see their update. I can’t help it, I still really like Maurice and hope he continues to stay on the straight and narrow. 

I like him too. He was very sweet talking about his kids.