Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: T.A.H.I.T.I.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I found this episode to be interesting, and not just because of BILL PAXTON! There was his sidekick, Agent Triplett (who has a thing for Simmons, apparently. Hmm.), who was a character I could see fitting in here on a recurring basis. I liked Fitz getting to go with the 'away' team; I've always liked the actor, and now I'm really liking the character as well, nice development of his role. May giving the beat down to Quinn was a definite highlight; and I'd love to learn a little more of Ward and Garrett's back story. And what exactly DOES T.A.H.I.T.I. stand for?

Oh, and yes -

So... What the hell was that?!

Kinda gross, that's for sure.

Next week,

LADY SIF from Thor!

Edited by stacey
  • Love 2

I'm sorry, I forgot to take my shipper goggles off before I watched that episode, and all I got out of it was that Simmons can't imagine her life without Skye.

...Oh, right, the G.H. thing was very interesting! What are we thinking, Mutant Growth Hormone, but with the "Mutant" dropped because they don't have the rights to it? Or are there creatures like that poor unfortunate blue fellow in the comics? My Marvel Universe knowledge isn't as vast as it could be.

• Love 4
 Or are there creatures like that poor unfortunate blue fellow in the comics?

In the Marvel Universe, "blue alien" usually means Kree, but they're not really mutated in the way that guy was. Lee Pace's character in Guardians of the Galaxy is a Kree; we'll probably see him in the next trailer.

• Love 1

It kept sounding like Simmons was trying to get a hold of "Dr. Strange." If only.

I was only half paying attention and actually thought that for a minute. 

I thought this episode was pretty good, but I still think the pacing is way too slow. They could have combined last week and this week without losing any character moments or much plot. And the dialog took a big step back. I really think that Joss did a polish on last week's script - the first half of it, anyway.

If the show makes it back, it needs to go into "burning through plot" mode like Vampire Diaries or Arrow. The source material has enough to explore to back it up - and none of these characters, including Coulson should be considered un-expendable. They should start cycling guest-agents through the Bus for 3-4 episode stints, and reconstituting the team constantly based on chemistry and story possibilities - for non-comics fans, this is exactly how team books like The Avengers or the X-Men work; static rosters are the exception, not the rule.

• Love 2
If the show makes it back, it needs to go into "burning through plot" mode like Vampire Diaries or Arrow.

Yes. This please. I love that those shows are now the gold standard for this example. The CW is getting shockingly good at this formula and I'm actually really impressed. I kind of wish SHIELD was on the CW...

In the Marvel Universe, "blue alien" usually means Kree, but they're not really mutated in the way that guy was. Lee Pace's character in Guardians of the Galaxy is a Kree; we'll probably see him in the next trailer.

With all the Asgard heavy episodes this season, I was thinking of a different race of blue aliens: Frost Giants! The alien was pretty big and it was only half of him/her/it. Here is hoping for an appearance from my favorite Frost Giant, Loki!

• Love 1

You know, if our heroes are going to do "Bad Shit", I wish they'd admit that's what they're doing. Let's see: they violate orders, misappropriating their company jet to land without clearance in a foreign country, try to force their way into a secret bunker and when that doesn't work, they decide to blast their way in and kill 2 people. Ok, they may have been "Bad People" (what with they whole experimenting on aliens thing), but they seemed more like hired guards just doing a job - at least our heroes could have used Night-Night guns rather than lethal force (you could even have the guys die anyway because they couldn't drag them out in time before the self destruct went off). And even if you think saving Skye's life was worth the lives of "Nameless Mooks Without Lines"*, at least have the balls to turn yourself in to the authorities (either local or SHIELD). Granted, they're going to be forgiven with only minor punishment, but at least have them take the slap on the wrist!

* Yes, I know they did have a few lines

• Love 1
(edited)

John Potts, you're right.  I was thinking that exact thing.  They went and shot the two guards in the gut, just like Quinn shot Skye in the gut.  How is this OK?

Other than proving that she's a good hacker, what's so special about Skye that they go and do this?  She's one of those "mystery objects" (sorry, I can't remember the acronym they use) but why don't they show it?  It would be nice if one person on this team had some kind of superpower.  It's not unheard of in the Marvel Universe.

Edited by Biosynth
  • Love 1

084 is the phrase you're looking for.

I'm curious about something. The guards were trying to kill Coulson and his crew too. Admiteddly, it was the SHIELD guys who broke in though. So let me ask. Would it have been okay for them to kill them, in pursuit of saving Skye, if they had been flat out evil Hydra agents?

• Love 1

Only if the SHIELD team knew they were HYDRA.  Because it's not just about what you do, it's about the choices you make.  If you know people are evil and likely to do harm to others, that's one kind of choice.  If you don't know, that's a different choice; it means you're willing to harm people who haven't harmed anyone else (since, as far as you know, these people haven't).

Which sets up an interesting contrast with Ward shooting Nash.

• Love 1

Ian Quinn was still being a smart A.. even after May "talked" to him .She roughed him up good. Agent John Garrett was funny he grabbed Ian's lip. I figured Agent Antione Trippett and Ward would get into it. But I though with the talk about the Clairvoyant that he would be bad. Glad he was not. But does he now know of Coulson' past after the visit to the Guest House? The WWII bunker? Fitz and Simmons find out they used GH325 on Coulson. They read through all his files on the recovery of Coulson. But in the lab I was surprised Fitz didn't grab some of the other drugs too. Sure they were in a hurry and it was about to blow up, but..... Later when Ward shot the explosives to blow the door, my son said "those explosives don't blow like that!"

Cute when the team didn't know "how was the drive from Istanbul?" Garrett said,"Pretty Please it is!" Then shot up the lock. Surprised that Agents Alpha and Beta wouldn't listen. What were they protecting? The creature and the drugs must be. But only 2 Agents? Garrett also quipped, "No hard feelings, Bob!". after he wounded the one agent. But they both blew up so it wasn't good for them. Surprised the wounded one(or both)weren't taken out too.

The GH body that Coulson found in the lab was to me either an alien or a super soldier gone wrong?? The shot seemed to help Skye, but for how long? And what will the side effects be?

Will Coulson have many more questions? And why did Dr. Straighten disappear? Also the one Agent guarding the bunker seemed to know Coulson. But he is dead now. Also will Garrett and Tripplett make it to the Fridge with Quinn?

Lorelei looking for Midgard(Earth) so she must be from Asgard. She takes Noble Jimmy MacKensie to help her and leaves wife Nicole at the motel in Death Valley.

Edited by webruce