Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Pain Patrol

kieyra
  • Start Topic

In the wake of a terrifying omen, Niles and Rita enter the interdimensional palace of the infamous Red Jack (guest star ROGER FLOYD), who feeds on pain and has taken Larry prisoner. Jane is called to The Underground to receive an ultimatum, while her physical body travels to Florida with Cliff, who's eager to prove he's a good father. Back at the manor, Dorothy's game of hide and seek ends badly.

Airing Thursday, June 25, 2020

Okay, I LOVE Larry and Rita. 

It kinda makes me wish that Larry could be bisexual because I think those two have chemistry together, and since he can't take off his bandages or touch her it would make for an interesting conflict. And, you know... in the Grant Morrison comics which this is mostly based on, Larry had an extremely fluid sexuality and got into some crazy stuff with the Negative Spirit, and in the older comics Larry had a thing for Rita, so...it's not necessarily outside the realm of possibility! This show does crazy things! 

• Useful 2

I hate the addition of Dorothy. It makes no sense. "How about when my 11-year-old daughter is in the room..." She's like 95, bro.

Also, she's just ugly to look at. I'm sorry, but she's just homely and disturbing to watch. Just me?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jmonique said:

I hate the addition of Dorothy. It makes no sense. "How about when my 11-year-old daughter is in the room..." She's like 95, bro.

Also, she's just ugly to look at. I'm sorry, but she's just homely and disturbing to watch. Just me?

She’s not my favorite, but that’s because I generally don’t like the “cloyingly sweet little kid addition” trope. 

The way she looks bugged me at first, but it didn’t last long. (I also thought I would never really be able to connect with Cliff or Larry because we can’t really see their faces most of the time, but somehow got over that.) Now it’s just my general dislike of the aforementioned trope. And she makes Niles fairly boring as a result. 

Interested to see the next chapter of Jane’s story, though, and Cliff/Rita/Larry are always watchable as heck. I’m rewatching Jane Patrol, and I guess I’d forgotten we already met certain of these alters (and their actresses, many of whom have showed up in S2). 

• Love 6

I got over Dorthey's look pretty quickly, but yeah I'm not a fan of the little kid addition, even though she's from the comics. 

Seeing Jane get an intervention from the alters was interesting. I really wonder what made Miranda jump into the well. I'm also interested in which alter will be coming to the surface now that they locked Jane up. 

• Love 8

Nothing like a demon who eats misery who was also Jack the Ripper telling you what a big fan he is of your work to make you really reevaluate your life choices, huh Niles? I think it is finally sinking in that, yeah he did these awful things for his daughter, but that doesent mean its alright, or that he doesent have things to make up for. 

This show does such a good job at being both crazy, but also really disturbing when it wants to be. 

Cliff finally meets his daughter, and its goes pretty poorly, to say the least. I really want Cliff to get to reconnect with his daughter, but he really needs to ease her into the whole "my dad I thought was dead is not only alive but also a robot" thing. Thats a whole lot to take in at once. 

I really liked the backstory between Rita and Larry from the early days. 

Dorothy's look doesent really bother me, and I am interested in seeing where her story goes, as its clearly going to be a major plot thread this season, but as a character, she doesent have a whole lot going on besides cute kid. 

The Underground staging an intervention for Jane was interesting, so who will be taking Jane's place now? Guessing this will tie into Miranda somehow?

• Love 3

Yeah, I think I have the same problem that you all mentioned -- I hate Cousin Oliver-like characters added in. I love shows changing, but sweet-as-pie little kids in a show like this just throws me.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

The actress who plays Dororthy is 20. So I guess she's not really a kid. 

I had to look up who the actress was--turns out Abigail Shapiro has the same condition as the kid who plays Dustin on Stranger Things, CCD. Much as I'd rather not source from NY Post, there isn't a ton of coverage about her out there yet. 

• Useful 1

Yeah, count me in among those who are not thrilled with Dorothy. Besides the already-mentioned complaints, all of which I agree with (especially the question of why she is still so childish... is she supposed to have an extreme learning disability? Because she seems to learn things on-camera just fine...) I am also not a fan of the "magical hybrid child" trope. Plus, that accent is fucking horrible.

• Love 3

I didn't understand what Vic saw in the email? I was just really confused by that. As for Dorothy, I dont think all those "imaginary" friends of hers are products of her imagination. Like, whomever keeps trying to compel her to make a wish, I do not think that is "imaginary" or a friend. Anyway, if anyone could help me out with the Vic email scene, I sure would appreciate it!

1 hour ago, diebartdie said:

I didn't understand what Vic saw in the email? I was just really confused by that. As for Dorothy, I dont think all those "imaginary" friends of hers are products of her imagination. Like, whomever keeps trying to compel her to make a wish, I do not think that is "imaginary" or a friend. Anyway, if anyone could help me out with the Vic email scene, I sure would appreciate it!

Vic saw a picture of Roni standing over a bunch of dead bodies for which she was charged with voluntary manslaughter. 

• Useful 3