Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Fire & Brimstone

• Start Topic

(edited)

A team of 5 with guns out is waiting for 3 clowns on an elevator and they still get taken over.

Ice Cream threatened the team by saying the entire police will be on their location if he is killed. The team has been travelling the country with no problem from the law up to this point. I would have taken my chances and shot him.

I hope the team made sure Ice Cream replaced the two bulbs he shot. They are expensive in that area.

After being shot and surgery last week, Jane back to full strength to fly to Italy and Croatia to crack a safe and wear a terrible wig.

Did Irving Sutton have some device on him that senses his death, upload his confession, messages and clues to the dark web? 

Jane has remorse for killing Irving in his home and can't even join the toast of Ilya's death?!! Who is this woman!?

The security alarm was going on for a long time and no police to catch Jane and Weller. I hope the owner has some choice words for that security company.

What was the importance the geode and the bible for the other thieves to take ? I guess this will come into play in a future episode.

The thieves had time to tie up Jane and Weller but couldn't bother shut their mouths.  

Pregnancy is getting to Zapata if she thinks Reade was one of the best!

Why did Paterrson need to run downstairs to use the computer for the music search? The many computers on the top floor plus the one right in front of her weren't good enough for the job?

Rich said Ilya is supposed be the a cross of the Rock and Andre the Giant? Does Rich know his wrestling? The guy looked like he is under 6 foot, not well built and pale.

Susan Shah is terrible Vice Presidential material if she sees value in Weitz. Her husband must not have wanted any part of the White House or call a Ray Donovan type if he decided to kill her that quick over an alleged affair. Poor guy is going to feel terrible when it's revealed to be fake news.

So the plan from the start was for the team to steal the gardener paintings for Ice Cream to give to Ilya. Ilya must have gotten tired of waiting as he was already at the monastery ready to steal the paintings. Seems Ilya is not a considerate criminal to alert Ice Cream earlier that the deal is off and he will not cut out his eyes.

I'm sure Ilya didn't need to travel across the country like Jane and Weller to finally find out the monastery is the place to be. Irving must have left easier clues to be found on the regular web!

Rich had a gun up to Ilya all that time while Paterson had to pack all those paintings. 

After all that, Ilya and his goon are easily noticed and killed by the Irish police, while the so called fugitives Paterson and Rich slipped by and travelled safely back to the bunker with the real paintings. 

No Madeline again. Thank you NBC! But our good fortune will end next week!

Ice Cream wants Paul Rudd to play him? He can't aim higher for a better actor?

Sign me up to take some Zip so I can forget this season!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3

I want a whole episode of Rich undercover as an Irish priest. His accent was hilarious.

Patterson looked adorable as a nun.

The geode and bible were fake-out clues. However, Ilya and his mook somehow managed to find their way to the treasure without solving any of the puzzles so that was weird.

I called Ice Cream a Deutsch Bag but he's Icelandic so I guess that makes him an Ice Hole instead.

Instead of Weitz trying (and failing) to tie his shoes and getting someone murdered in the process it would be nice if he was actually running a con of his own and had told Shaw (Shah?) about the situation. That way she could fake her death and become a powerful ally against Madeline. I'm getting tired of Weitz and Afreen having the same "We have to do something!" "We can't" conversation every episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode, it was more like a traditional episode where they traipse around Europe and solve puzzles and clues.

Kind of surprised that the teams didn't take more precautions.  Jane and Kurt break into an apartment but then don't seem to consider the possibility that others would be following them.  Rich and Patterson find the clue, find the secret door with the painting frame, but then don't think to close the secret door behind them.  Surely there is a handle on the inside so they could have gotten back out.

Best part of the episode was Rich's nicknames for Jane and Kurt:  Ink and Mumbles.  He's made them into Dick Tracy characters!

12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

The geode and bible were fake-out clues. However, Ilya and his mook somehow managed to find their way to the treasure without solving any of the puzzles so that was weird.

I think once Jane and Kurt found the writing on the inside of the safe and William solved the puzzle, the website said they had a 30 minute head start.  Then presumably I think Irving's website announced the next step in the hunt to the world.

• Love 1

I spent this episode wondering why Patterson decided to get extra-long skank hair extensions. Is her next assignment on The Bachelor? Her new four-foot-long hair is a pre-requisite for getting cast on that show.

I guess I'm dwelling on hair since when Jane came on screen, I couldn't hear anything she said, I just stared at that black stuff on her head.

The posts above are the reason I even tune in, casual as that is this season. Thanks, posters!

• Love 2

I didn't particularly care for this episode, but it was better than expected from what I had seen in the previews. It felt very much like the filler episode it was. 

Lol'd when Ice cream called Rich 'the Ice Cream of the Americas'! Also, Paul Rudd would be excellent casting for Ice Cream in the soon-to-be movie. 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:07 PM, mxc90 said:

Jane has remorse for killing a Irving in his home and can't even join the toast of Ilya's death?!! Who is this woman!?

ITA. Right in the middle of a mission, Jane says 'You know Kurt how I said you were a good man like a day ago? Maybe I was wrong and you're actually just killer.' Like that wasn't something that Kurt nearly had a melt down over? What kind of person, let alone what kind of wife would say that in the middle of a dangerous mission?

Jane and Weller continue to have zero romantic chemistry. I think it is more glaring this season because they are supposed to be each other's 'rock' until they get back home.  Despite their perfunctory kisses and hugs, their chemistry feels like nothing more than team members to me. 

• Love 2

Where have I seen that undergound room before? It was used in some other show (or possibly even this one) in the last year or so as the exact same kind of vault for priceless art. Anyone recognize it?

Yeah, I know this show doesn't make a lot of actual sense and there are plots holes ( and not so good writing ) and all , but I still enjoy it and I thought this episode was a lot of fun to watch. Probably for the very reason that it borders on ridiculous-- it's kind of like a horror movie or maybe a haunted house thing that you do at Halloween, if that makes any sense. Just kind of dumb fun. I know I certainly enjoy it more that I would spending an hour watching a "real" procedure, i.e. Chicago Fire. I'd probably be bored to tears. ( No offense to anyone who enjoys that show ! To each his own, definitely ! Enjoy !! )

I did like that they incorporated the real story of the Gardner Museum robbery. Maybe, if nothing else, people who had never heard of that looked up the story and actually learned a little history ! Although, that is probably expecting too much.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2020 at 2:27 PM, mandigirl said:

I didn't particularly care for this episode, but it was better than expected from what I had seen in the previews. It felt very much like the filler episode it was. 

Lol'd when Ice cream called Rich 'the Ice Cream of the Americas'! Also, Paul Rudd would be excellent casting for Ice Cream in the soon-to-be movie. 

ITA. Right in the middle of a mission, Jane says 'You know Kurt how I said you were a good man like a day ago? Maybe I was wrong and you're actually just killer.' Like that wasn't something that Kurt nearly had a melt down over? What kind of person, let alone what kind of wife would say that in the middle of a dangerous mission?

Jane and Weller continue to have zero romantic chemistry. I think it is more glaring this season because they are supposed to be each other's 'rock' until they get back home.  Despite their perfunctory kisses and hugs, their chemistry feels like nothing more than team members to me. 

I wouldn’t want to snuggle up to neckbeard either.