Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Hold My Hand

• Start Topic

(edited)

"Now you know that Annie is far too smart to be out drinking".

Have these women ever met a teenager?

And of course Dana Sue will completely overreact. Run and hide Annie.

I can't tell if the storyline is going in the direction of Ty liking Annie or Ty being gay.. his reaction has been so weird. I think the latter would be more interesting. 

Bless Annie but the actress isn't great at all.

Speculation but wondering if Isaac is Dana Sues long lost child. Just the way she was talking about alcohol and  what could happen made me think she could have had a bad experience. Also I feel like misery just follows her.

Love Helens ongoing plot with CeCe.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dana Sue is so freaking dramatic, like OMG a teenager drank alcohol? Annie is too "smart" to drink? They have met teenagers right? No wonder Dana Sue has health problems, she is so uptight that it feels like she is about to explode. Of course, Dana Sue also lost her shit when Annie just made an artsy Instagram page with broken signs, so this is all pretty on brand for her. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

Speculation but wondering if Isaac is Dana Sues long lost child. Just the way she was talking about alcohol and  what could happen made me think she could have had a bad experience.

I thought that's where they were headed when they brought in the long lost partner Micah. But I think Isaac's mother is the newspaper lady .

• Love 1
On 5/21/2020 at 7:04 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I thought that's where they were headed when they brought in the long lost partner Micah. But I think Isaac's mother is the newspaper lady .

Agreed. She made a point about missing a high school picture because she and her mom moved away. But I also thought he could be Dana or Helens. He is just too into these ladies lives. 

Does Dana have a story outside being angry mom. She does nothing and has no real role in anything. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

Agreed. She made a point about missing a high school picture because she and her mom moved away.

Huh, forgot about that. And thinking about it, it was kind of random and especially how uncomfortable she looked during the moment. 

1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

Does Dana have a story outside being angry mom. She does nothing and has no real role in anything. 

I don't know, there was a lot of focus on Dana Sue in the first few episodes, what with the alcoholic sous chef she fired and someone clearly stalking her. We assume it was the alcoholic sous chef but probably not.

Plus, I think Annie's secretly being in regular contact with her father will come into play at some point and he'll probably show up in the town. There's clearly some big story/history there. 

On 5/21/2020 at 10:53 AM, Avabelle said:

I can't tell if the storyline is going in the direction of Ty liking Annie or Ty being gay.. his reaction has been so weird. I think the latter would be more interesting. 

I'm not really getting any gay vibes and don't think his reaction is so weird either, especially for a teenager. Tyler and Annie, on account of their mothers' friendship have clearly been in each other's lives since diapers. 

I think there are two things happening. Tyler either simply does not see Annie in a romantic way, which makes things weird for him knowing she does. Which is why he shut it down quickly and pursued things with CeCe, as to really drive him his not being interested in Annie that way.

Or, he's denying his feelings because of their long history as friends and not wanting to screw that up, especially again because Kyle clearly likes Annie. And that's also the reason he pursued things with CeCe. Either way, he's probably not being totally real with CeCe. 

Though again, considering these are teenagers, a little time with her and he may have started to genuinely like her. And the writers are clearly giving her some backstory and developing her, which may mean she's going to become a more integral character.

But I do think it was interesting when his friend flat out said, "really, you know you don't like her like that" when he showed Tyler the Instagram picture of him and CeCe. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

But I do think it was interesting when his friend flat out said, "really, you know you don't like her like that" when he showed Tyler the Instagram picture of him and CeCe. 

I agree with a lot of what is said. I just want to point out that Tyler's best friend, Gabe, is awesome (though too bad he wasn't holding onto Ty's phone harder when Jackson grabbed it). He's super mature for a HS student, maybe to an unrealistic extent, but I appreciate that he has been a good friend and has good advice. I just like him as a person in all of his scenes. 

• Love 8
On 5/21/2020 at 10:53 AM, Avabelle said:

Speculation but wondering if Isaac is Dana Sues long lost child. Just the way she was talking about alcohol and  what could happen made me think she could have had a bad experience. Also I feel like misery just follows her.

Isaac had a line in an earlier episode, right after the sous chef came back into the restaurant, I think.  Didn't he say something like "I have something to tell you (Dana Sue) about Brad."?  And then we cut to a different scene. I can't remember the exact epi, but if it isn't sloppy writing, it doesn't seem "enough" to make it seem like Brad would be Isaac's father.  

I'm going to rewatch this weekend with a friend.  I feel like this epi is where a lot of what was simmering previously  is now coming to a full on boil.   

(Apologies if not having the specific episode in reference to Isaac telling Dana Sue he had something to tell her doesn't belong in this thread.  I didn't know where to put it, and Avabelle's comment made me rethink my initial speculations.)

Interesting that Bill, after being told he didn't qualify for the mortgage amount he wanted and needed to look for homes in a much lower price range, went and bought Tyler a car, making it less likely that he'll qualify even for a smaller amount. It's almost like he's trying to sabotage his own plans with Noreen. And of course there was Noreen's brother offering her to move back home. I'm completely unspoiled, but I think those two will end up going their separate ways in the season finale.

BTW, is anyone else floored that you can get house in small-town South Caroline for $170k? I live in Seattle and that kind of money won't even get you a 400sf studio here.