Type keyword(s) to search

Labor Of Love - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 8:

"Sleepless in Chicago"

As decision day approaches, Kristy spends time with the final two men in her hometown of Chicago and introduces each of them to her family; Kristy must choose between starting a family or continuing along the road to motherhood on her own

Airs July 16, 2020.

8 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

The house mom thing reminds me of the woman on The Bachelor (corrine I think) who still had a nanny to make her mac and cheese.

Aargh.  I hope that doesn’t mean we will see as much of Marcus in the future as we have seen of Corrine!

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Aargh.  I hope that doesn’t mean we will see as much of Marcus in the future as we have seen of Corrine!

This is his second reality show, so he seems to be a desperate attention whore. He's probably applying for other reality shows right now.

ETA: The Marcus home visit made it to the first segment on Celebrity Watch Party tonight. They all thought the "house mom" thing was weird too.

And the standing-paddle-board-celery-juice spoiler was dead on. Even knowing how this was going to end I felt kind of bad bad for Stewart.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1

She picked who I expected.  She mentioned hoping to feel the chemistry with Stewart that she felt with Kyle.  If she didn't already feel it with him she wasn't going to make it happen.  I think she wants tall children.

• Love 2

Not surprising they already broke up which is why the ending felt rushed and anticlimactic. Seems like they had flown all the families out to Chicago to film those family segments at around the same time this was filmed.

Sucks for Stewart but it’s not like he will have trouble finding someone. It’s clear she liked him as a friend and found him attractive but the feelings didn’t go deeper than that. Kyle you could tell she was actually into.

• Love 3
(edited)

Stewart was my pick, far and away, but then I wasn't the lead on this show. Thought it was funny that Kyle was made to sit outside in the Chicago winter, snow falling. I guess maybe California PAs think that's romantic (it's not).

And I guess that's all I've got to say about that!

ETA: I read the links posted above. Don't you need a sperm donor for the IVF? Kyle? Anyone? Since she moved to Austin for a few months, they didn't try getting pregnant IRL? Those are the questions I wanted answered. Ha ha! Well, those plus as a former Bach contestant, doesn't she know she could have gone to see any of these men "after hours" or had any of them come to her room so they could get to know each other better? Happens on the Bach franchise every season, multiple times. So the "I really didn't get to know Kyle" thing doesn't fly with me.

I still would have chosen Stewart.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

I noticed Kristy in the background of Brad's first season of the Bachelor last night.  She didn't get any special attention.  But she was in the room the first night when Brad walked in to greet the women.

• Love 2