Type keyword(s) to search

Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind

• Start Topic

I enjoyed it a lot as well. She was a great actress and a beautiful woman. It's obvious she and Robert Wagner were very much in love. The interviews with their children were interesting. 

I still can't help but think that there was something going on with her and Christopher Walken though. When Wagner was describing the contentious conversation he and Walken were having on the boat, he was pretty vague about exactly what was said, plus, what business would it have been of Walken's what Natalie did with her career? Definitely not getting the whole story there. 

• Love 2

There was a lot of speculation going on here. I felt bad for the daughters. That sort of stuff could damage one's ability to think. I must say, that one daughter is the spitting image of her. Very uncanny and quite pretty.

All I have is say is what convinced Mia Farrow and Jill St. John to damage their beautiful face with unnecessary cosmetic surgery? I swear, I didn't recognize Jill St. John at all. She was going full Joan Rivers with those nip tucks and Botox injections.

• Love 1
On 5/11/2020 at 9:19 PM, Gothish520 said:

I still can't help but think that there was something going on with her and Christopher Walken though. When Wagner was describing the contentious conversation he and Walken were having on the boat, he was pretty vague about exactly what was said, plus, what business would it have been of Walken's what Natalie did with her career? Definitely not getting the whole story there. 

Totally agree. Admittedly, RJ indicated he has/had a temper and was extremely jealous of other men paying attention to Natalie. Something definitely happened between Chris & RJ that Natalie was witness to. What happened after that remains a mystery.

• Love 3
On 5/12/2020 at 12:19 AM, Gothish520 said:

I enjoyed it a lot as well. She was a great actress and a beautiful woman. It's obvious she and Robert Wagner were very much in love. The interviews with their children were interesting. 

What struck me as odd is that Walken was with them...such an unusual situation. And then them taking the boat to spend the night the way they did....odd. Natalie had stayed ashore the previous night due to rocky boat, so much BS. I just can’t figure it out. It surely sounds like Wagner loved Natalie, but people kill those they claim to love all the time. I don’t pay much attention to the children’s contentions.....they don’t know. Wagner does seem sincere, but, he is an actor by trade. The only way we may ever know is if Walken talks after Wagners death. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Walken's wife Georganne was a minor player in Brainstorm, so she was on location for the North Carolina shoot, which may have made an affair between Chris and Natalie difficult. She played Hal Abramson's wife (the colleague that played Gordy's sex tape for his own jollies). Walken went out to LA to complete shooting there, and since Georganne wasn't with them on the boat, my guess is that she didn't make the trip West and instead went home to New York.  Perhaps there was an attraction between the two and not an actual physical affair? Although I do agree with the director, they didn't have much chemistry together on screen, and if you believe the Joey Tribbiani Acting Rules, having ZERO chemistry and no heat, means that two actors are screwing off screen.

One thing that the documentary didn't touch was the alleged brutal rape suffered by Natalie as a teenager by a high powered Hollywood actor. Her own MOTHER told her not to say anything, because the actor held so much power in the industry, Evidently, it was so brutal that she suffered injury.  She supposedly used to cringe if anyone said his name (Kirk Douglas, allegedly).

And yeah, Jill's nose. What the actual fuck?

Natasha does look so much like her mother, but Courtney must be all Wagner. She looks more like her paternal half sister Katie, than her maternal half sister, Natasha. It does say a lot about RJ that he continued to raise Natasha after Natalie's death. She didn't go to Daddy Gregson, her biological father. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Natasha does look so much like her mother, but Courtney must be all Wagner. She looks more like her paternal half sister Katie, than her maternal half sister, Natasha. It does say a lot about RJ that he continued to raise Natasha after Natalie's death. She didn't go to Daddy Gregson, her biological father. 

Agree that Natasha looks the most like Natalie, but I think Courtney resembles her mother mostly in the eyes.  Courtney's eyes are large, round, bright, and expressive just like Natalie's were.  I see her as more of a blond version of her mother.  She definitely got all her coloring from her father, but her features are more like Natalie's than most people realize.  

The best thing about the documentary to me was witnessing the strong bonds between Natalie, RJ, and their children.  All of them.  You could tell that both Natalie and RJ loved and accepted the children, and even step-children from their other relationships.  And that the adults were all mature enough to not let any petty stuff affect those relationships.  I mean, it's obvious how much Natasha clearly loves RJ and that's always been and going to be her daddy, but that love was also there for her biological father as well.

As far as what happened to Natalie, I believe that it was an accident.  I agree that people, when it comes to celebrities, and especially those as iconic as Natalie Wood was, want there to be some big, explosive scandal surrounding their death, but that it was just a tragic accident.  And it was a great loss.  Her girls were all just still so young when it happened.  And on a more professional note, I, too, would have loved to have seen her career as it moved into it's new phase as an older actress.  I still can't believe she never won an Academy Award for any of her roles either. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, KBrownie said:

As far as what happened to Natalie, I believe that it was an accident.  I agree that people, when it comes to celebrities, and especially those as iconic as Natalie Wood was, want there to be some big, explosive scandal surrounding their death, but that it was just a tragic accident.  And it was a great loss.  Her girls were all just still so young when it happened.  And on a more professional note, I, too, would have loved to have seen her career as it moved into it's new phase as an older actress.  I still can't believe she never won an Academy Award for any of her roles either. 

Yes, THIS. The conspiracy theories are just bullshit to sell tabloids. I don't believe RJ had anything to do with her death. Never thought so. Lana seems to be stoking the flames in order to get her face in front of a camera. 

• Love 3
On 6/17/2020 at 12:31 AM, KBrownie said:

Agree that Natasha looks the most like Natalie, but I think Courtney resembles her mother mostly in the eyes.  Courtney's eyes are large, round, bright, and expressive just like Natalie's were.  I see her as more of a blond version of her mother.  She definitely got all her coloring from her father, but her features are more like Natalie's than most people realize.  

The best thing about the documentary to me was witnessing the strong bonds between Natalie, RJ, and their children.  All of them.  You could tell that both Natalie and RJ loved and accepted the children, and even step-children from their other relationships.  And that the adults were all mature enough to not let any petty stuff affect those relationships.  I mean, it's obvious how much Natasha clearly loves RJ and that's always been and going to be her daddy, but that love was also there for her biological father as well.

I know, but that shows the sexism in Hollywood itself. Take it from Gabrielle Union. Natalie not winning an Academy Award is just the tip of the iceberg. There was much more than that.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, ChicksDigScars said:

Yes, THIS. The conspiracy theories are just bullshit to sell tabloids. I don't believe RJ had anything to do with her death. Never thought so. Lana seems to be stoking the flames in order to get her face in front of a camera. 

I agree! Even with the so called oddities and alleged suspicious behavior, it was a tragic accident. 
I love their family dynamic. I read an interview once with Natasha where she talked about RJ going to her Father, asking to let him continue raising her, how they co parented. I found that to be so admirable. Decades before all this positivity, let’s work together stuff. 
I liked Natasha’s books. The perfume she created for Natalie is lovely. 
I’ve always found Lana suspicious because she changed her tune after RJ stopped supporting her. 

RJ’s own books are full of cute stories. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2

I'm only halfway through this and it's pretty interesting. I don't think I realized how blended the family was. The fact they seemed to make it work is really heart-warming, especially given the turmoil in Natalie's life

• Love 1