Type keyword(s) to search

Jason Quartermaine Morgan: Patron Saint of Not Blinking

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, UYI said:

This might sound weird, but that crush thing always made me feel a little bad for his real-life wife, especially since there were rumors that he would back out if Kim felt the same way about him. It almost seemed as if his wife was his second choice, which is really sad if true.

...But I'm known to show misguided sympathy over certain things at times, so there you go. *shrug* 

Well I think they’re all friends and I don’t think he was married at the time? Plus it was his wife’s idea/urging that had Steve calling Kimberly to return in 2005.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:21 PM, Camille said:

Really? She's a lovely girl, but I never got that from her. Brenda/Vanessa Marcil, certainly, which is why early 1994 was full of scenes with her and every available man on-screen to see who she clicked with the most, but I never got that vibe from Robin/Kimberly.

I don't think KMc was ever a chem magnet, but (aside from Jason Morgan whom I loathed on sight and for several years/decades afterwards) I liked her relationships with other characters - friendship, romantic and familial. They seemed natural and genuine and nice.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I liked her relationships with other characters - friendship, romantic and familial. They seemed natural and genuine and nice.

My favorite scene is the day after she and Stone consummate their relationship, when she and Brenda are talking about it, sounding EXACTLY like a teenage girl who just lost her virginity and her slightly older, more experienced best friend. The dialogue was so perfectly appropriate and realistic--"It was so awkward and weird!", "It'll get better", etc.

I liked hers and Stone's post-coital scenes after they began sleeping together because of the little touches of realism. Like doing it in the afternoon because he/she couldn't spend the night.

• Love 2

I read somewhere that the reason Jason M came to be is because TPTB had noticed the chemistry between Steve Burton and Maurice Bernard during a handful of Jason Q and Sonny scenes (I don't know what they're talking about, because even during the AIDS story, I can think of literally one or two) and realized that they needed to have such a drastic change because it wouldn't have been plausible for Jason Q to abandon his family/girlfriend/education.

I don't like watching the early Jason M clips because of how cruel he is to everyone, but I really have to commend his acting--he's worked with these people for years and now has to react to them like they're strangers and treat them like crap. That couldn't have been easy for anyone.

But I hate how he wants it every which way--one minute he's complaining because everyone expects him to know everything, the next he's complaining because he feels people are talking down to him or trying to control him.

• Love 1

I think Jason M would have been more tolerable if he had at least TRIED to remember his old life and been genuinely sad/angry that he couldn't. It would have been great to see him blast AJ--"I had a great life and you took it all away!"

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Camille said:

I think Jason M would have been more tolerable if he had at least TRIED to remember his old life and been genuinely sad/angry that he couldn't. It would have been great to see him blast AJ--"I had a great life and you took it all away!"

No, he [AJ] didn’t. AJ didn’t force or make Jason jump into the car to try and stop AJ. Jason did that all by himself. He knew better than to try and do that-so Jason Quartermaine holds some of the responsibility for birthing Jason Morgan.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
10 hours ago, Camille said:

No, he [AJ] didn’t. AJ didn’t force or make Jason jump into the car to try and stop AJ. Jason did that all by himself. He knew better than to try and do that-so Jason Quartermaine holds some of the responsibility for birthing Jason Morgan.

Yeah, that's always irritated me, that AJ got way too much of the blame for Jason becoming the Borg. Jason made a deliberate decision to hop in the car and try to stop AJ from drunk driving. In an abstract way I think it was a daring creative move—what a way to totally change a character—but of course it ended up ruining the show, IMO, by allowing the mob side to take over and somehow become the "good" guys in town. And at this point, Sonny/Jason/Carly are supposed to be the show's unironic moral compass, which will never not baffle me.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Camille said:

In a weird way, that was one of the few palatable things about Jason M, that he didn't blame Ned or AJ for what happened.

I had the impression he thought Jason Morgan was a step up from Jason Quartermaine.  No need to blame them at all.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, that's always irritated me, that AJ got way too much of the blame for Jason becoming the Borg.

That’s because AJ was TEH EVUHL! Didn’t you know? He was the most EVIL EVIL who ever EVILLED!!!?????????

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That’s because AJ was TEH EVUHL! Didn’t you know? He was the most EVIL EVIL who ever EVILLED!!!?????????

I hated all the abuse that always got heaped on him. He was a complete asshole to Karen and Jagger and I hated him for that, but other than that, he seemed to be a reasonably decent guy who was always struggling to get his act together and do something right and never got an ounce of support or encouragement from anyone.

• Love 8
On 7/31/2018 at 9:13 PM, Camille said:

It's the same reason I was never a fan of him and Elizabeth. It didn't help that she was either still in high school or fresh out, meaning that their relationship genuinely WAS inappropriate.

How so? I think that Elizabeth was at least 18, probably older, the first time they kissed (after she caught the Shouty re-cast Lucky cheating with Sarah). When she was in h.s., she went for rides on his motorcycle and they talked and hugged on occasion but there was no sexual element. 

I remember Robin was a few years older than Lucky, who was the same age as Elizabeth.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Camille said:

never got an ounce of support or encouragement from anyone.

That's what lead to his self-sabotage, I think. Why should he try when he knew no one would care or give him the benefit of the doubt? It got tiresome to watch. He was so relentlessly dumped on by everyone.

• Love 3

One thing I liked and I really wanted to see more of when Sean Kanan came back and after Robin returned, was their friendship. But noooooooo. I had to suffer seeing Robin forgive Mooby and see AJ being treated like an outcast and someone who had leprosy. Not by Robin-they only had like a 10 second reunion, but it still gyps me.?????

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Is there any hope that Jason can revert to being a Q?

I think the shipped has sailed on that one. They’ve had plenty of opportunities over the years (Jason’s numerous brain surgeries) and SB has said that he didn’t want to go back to playing Jason Q

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

and SB has said that he didn’t want to go back to playing Jason Q

That's the important factor. This show has a history giving certain male leads too much power (Tony Geary, MB and SBu) and what they wants comes ahead of good storytelling,  other actors and characters, and what's best for the show.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's the important factor. This show has a history giving certain male leads too much power (Tony Geary, MB and SBu) and what they wants comes ahead of good storytelling,  other actors and characters, and what's best for the show.

While I hate that Geary's demands were met and he got what he wanted, compared to these other two you listed? Geary was a much better actor. Even in the more recent years with his scenery chewing, he's still a better actor.

• Love 5

Off-topic but I agree about Tony Geary. I at least found him entertaining and a lot of his demands were with vacation time which I wish the other 2 had more of.

Jason not gaining his memory sucks because because it could have been an awesome storyline during the Guza years. A real rift between Sonny and Jason, Sonny becoming vulnerable to mob rivals because at some point, they were definitely more intimidated by Jason than Sonny, Jason trying to build a relationship back with the Qs. I thought we were going to get it after they brought Robin back in the 2005 and was disappointed. Nowadays, I wouldn’t care because I’ve OD’d on Jason and there’s no one around except Monica and Ned who would really be happy about it so it doesn’t have the same impact.  

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2