Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Episode 3

• Start Topic

With SO MUCH going on with the REAL captains, WHY cut away from them for Josh Harris?  Honestly, HE must be paying for air time.  No other excuse for it.

BTW, I'm no fan of Keith, but I loved his responses to Junior.  If you're gonna dance, you gotta pay the piper.  

• Love 2

This was a surprisingly great ep.  Not a lot of narrative shenanigans.  Junior made a standard move to find crab, but he displayed classically sociopathology while doing so.  He is the one who created the literal conflict.  And HE is the victim when Keith returns fire?  Junior was a rising star as a captain before his injuries.  But, he's a jerk.

Jake A. always showed flashes of brilliant helmsmanship, but he has forever lacked the confidence (arrogance?) required to do the job proper.  He has also made far too many reckless strategic decisions - just like the one he  made in this ep to set fully without prospecting.  However, when the F/V needs someone who thoroughly understands the physics/mechanics at sea?  Jake is a MAN.   I am genuinely enjoying Jonathan on the Saga with Jake.   The mutual respect is self-evident.  What a welcome change for a Disco show.

Poor Bill.  

i finally get the economics at play.  What I do not understand is why the Russians did not simply begin their harvest before the Americans did.  Oh well, at least now it is like any other season....once the harvest begins, prices drop quickly as scarcity vanishes.  I'm glad we are done with those lies coming from the Disco shill captains.  

On a related note....I read where the canneries are refusing all salmon deliveries.  The prices are too low for them to operate.  The very same dynamic is playing out in the USA meat processing industry.  Ruh roh.  

As I recall, Junior was always a jerk.  He was ALWAYS talking about establishing his "legend".

As for his back, it got as bad as it did because he refused to recognize the problem.  All he had to do was power through it.  If I'm remembering rightly, his gf/wife was a nurse and he wouldn't believe her.  It wasn't until a doctor showed him the pictures and absolutely refused to endorse his happy talk that he finally quit fishing.

In some ways I considered him dumber then Elliott.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 3

This has turned into the "men who can't catch crab go poach off of those who can" hour for me. What I'm wondering is, are they really that inept at catching the crab, or is it producer-driven for a story line? And if it is, why oh why would they want themselves on TV looking that dumb and asshole-ish?

• Love 3

It shows their utter lack of faith in the Josh show that they awkwardly shoe-horn it into Deadliest Catch, going so far as to run it inside both hours of the material we want to see. My guess is advertisers were willing to pay for DC and not the Phil Harris Memorial Grift-acular, so they call it DC and cash the checks.

I went to bed. Next evening I fast forwarded through a lot of what appeared to be Phil clips, and watched After the Catch. 

Still can't stand Harley no matter how hard Mike Rowe tries to him up support.

Bill's crew seem to be afraid of the Russian. They've treated harder workers much more harshly.support

Jake and Jonathan are entertaining for now, but Jonathan can be a really scary dude, so Jake the emotionally unstable taking him on as a life mentor is concerning.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, kassa said:

It shows their utter lack of faith in the Josh show that they awkwardly shoe-horn it into Deadliest Catch, going so far as to run it inside both hours of the material we want to see. My guess is advertisers were willing to pay for DC and not the Phil Harris Memorial Grift-acular, so they call it DC and cash the checks.

Mrs. AAEBoiler and I are completely baffled by the "Josh Harris Show". He talks about this map like he is literally finding treasure (doubloons, gold ingots, etc.) when his dad was probably just writing down where he found fish 30 FREAKING YEARS AGO!!! I totally don't understand all the drama and suspense. Yet, I continue to hate-watch it. I guess I'm a sucker.

• Love 1