Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E22: Code of Conduct

• Start Topic

I never watched JAG but I'm loving a Mac sighting!

Decent episode and a good one to wrap the season on. Glad we weren't left with a nasty cliffhanger. 

Apparently we aren't getting reruns this summer. CBS is bringing back CBS Sunday Night Movies!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I never watched JAG but I'm loving a Mac sighting!

Decent episode and a good one to wrap the season on. Glad we weren't left with a nasty cliffhanger. 

Apparently we aren't getting reruns this summer. CBS is bringing back CBS Sunday Night Movies!

Dedicated JAG fan here, loved seeing Mac and hope in the future to see her again...le sigh and Harm... 

So if no reruns this summer  does that mean the reruns will be in the Fall and new shows will be later than that?? It could be a long time before new shows are aired.

Why couldn't all of the episodes this season been that good?  No constant carry on rubbish about Kensi and Deeks having kids or too much of Sam picking on Callen about putting down roots with Anna.  Not even a single reference to the ridiculous Catherine and no alluding to Hetty pulling strings when in all reality, she isn't there.  Above all, Beale was actually almost normal again and no whingeing Fatima. 

I did find it odd when they secured Ops, Beale and Fatima had to leave.  In the past, Beale and Nell would remain, or at least Hetty and/or Grainger did.  It was strange to initially see just Callen and Sam talking to Mac and then they decided who was read in.  They really seem to be passing the leadership over to them, from Hetty, but without Hetty being there.  They are both getting old though, and realistically, need to be transitioning out of the full-on action role.

I like the guy who was in last season's finale.  He seems to compliment the team too.  Rountree is so joining the cast for next year, even if it is in a lower role, however, the writers have thrown him in the deep end.  First being yanked out of a car by Sam jumping off a bridge, then being held at gunpoint by revengeful Afghanis. 

Edited by LittlePeas3

This was a very ripped-from-the-headlines episode.  They even name-dropped that war criminal Gallagher.

The ending makes it sound like there will be another reckoning between Sam and Argento, which is something that I am on board with.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Rountree is so joining the cast for next year, even if it is in a lower role, however, the writers have thrown him in the deep end.  First being yanked out of a car by Sam jumping off a bridge, then being held at gunpoint by revengeful Afghanis. 

I'm not a big Roundtree fan. The actor's ok, but so far the character is anything but NCIS material. He's immature, inexperienced, and so far, pretty stupid when he's in the field.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Why couldn't all of the episodes this season been that good? 

There's no question this episode was better than the two that came before it (a super low bar), but it was not one of Military's best by a long shot.  Liked the absence of Densi angst (pretty common in Military episodes lately) and Beale was more normal (maybe Nell being absent is a good thing), but the plot - bummer. Using the Gallagher event was ok & the Mac scenes & those in the boatshed with the SEALS who were gonna testify against their team leader were good, but the stuff in Afghanistan. There's no way Callen or Sam would ever take a "visitor" overseas to a war zone to investigate SEALS, especially one who almost got blown up his first day with NCIS. I mean, there aren't many bombs in the US, but he found one. Now, they're gonna take him to a place littered with IEDs? And then he ignores Sam and chases a witness which lands all of them prisoners. The "action" in Afghanistan wasn't until the SEAL team showed up & sprayed some bullets. But then Callen & Sam offer him a job? Good god, why? It makes no sense.

I hope the writers get their mojo back in season 12, if there is a season 12.

Edited by ymeagain
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2020 at 11:00 PM, anna0852 said:

Glad we weren't left with a nasty cliffhanger.

Yeah, I'm kind of loving that little side effect. I'm not a fan of the cliffhangers anyway. Sometimes, they feel so contrived and unnecessary. Drama just for cliffhanger-drama's sake.

I liked the episode overall and especially, that they surprised me at the end. I thought for sure that the quick response team would stop the killer and not a member of his team.

The biggest issue I had was that they let Sam call the shots. I know it's not the first time they've done it and I roll my eyes each time they put the least impartial guy in charge. (Although, I probably do that more when they put Sam in charge because he's not normally in charge, so they go through the trouble of putting him in charge even though he's biased). Yeah, the guys asked for him but if the Navy really wanted an impartial investigation there is no way that I believe that they would've let Sam have any say in the investigation itself. It should have been: do as you're told or get assigned a different case.

I would have preferred if they hadn't named-dropped Gallagher. The show has never been all that realistic, so connecting it to the real world felt kind of weird.

What was Fatima doing in Hetty's office? I think they should let us imagine that Hetty's around somewhere and not put a new agent into her office and raise the question of why Hetty isn't there when they're not prepared to address that.

All in all, I think it was a good way to end the season, though.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

The biggest issue I had was that they let Sam call the shots. I know it's not the first time they've done it and I roll my eyes each time they put the least impartial guy in charge. (Although, I probably do that more when they put Sam in charge because he's not normally in charge, so they go through the trouble of putting him in charge even though he's biased). Yeah, the guys asked for him but if the Navy really wanted an impartial investigation there is no way that I believe that they would've let Sam have any say in the investigation itself. It should have been: do as you're told or get assigned a different case.

I hadn't thought about that, but that is a good point. Sam should never be in charge of any investigation of SEALs. The fact that he's still such a "legend" after 10+ years would disqualify him immediately.

On 4/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, ymeagain said:

There's no way Callen or Sam would ever take a "visitor" overseas to a war zone to investigate SEALS, especially one who almost got blown up his first day with NCIS. I mean, there aren't many bombs in the US, but he found one. Now, they're gonna take him to a place littered with IEDs?

This was a problem for me, as well. It seemed like the perfect excuse to let Roundtree do the paperwork. I get that Sam wants a trainee; the questions is, does he want a trainee he has to save every time he's in the field? That seems like a drag. 

I liked this episode better than either "Knock Down" or "Murder of Crows," but didn't think it was as good as other Military episodes, and really, I'm a little tired of the SEALs stories with Sam as the legend. If they're going to do anymore SEALs stories--which make sense since they're part of the Navy--it'd be nice if the SEALS didn't know who Sam is.

• Love 2