Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Thawed Hearts

paigow
  • Start Topic

Harley and crew try to infiltrate Mr. Freeze's lair only to become human lab rats for his experiments to find a cure for his cryogenically frozen wife, Nora; Kite Man and Ivy try to impress the manager of Kite Man's ideal wedding venue.

Airdate: Apr 24 /20

Holy crap! I was not expecting that episode and to almost cry over this show. Seriously this was a really good episode. I also like how they seem to be setting up a potential Ivy/Harley relationship. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kmr said:

I also like how they seem to be setting up a potential Ivy/Harley relationship. 

You mean after Condiment King drowns Kite Man in vinegar during the wedding reception?

How is King Shark bringing a date? How many amphibious mutant sharks are there?

• Love 1

Good episode! Much better than last week's.

I'm starting to find Harley the most annoying person in every episode though.

The show really belongs to Poison Ivy, imo.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

The addition of the Condiment King brings up so many questions. First did he wait for KiteMan to get engage and then asked his girlfriend to marry him? If they were already engaged was he holding off scheduling the wedding until KiteMan tried to? Also how did they become each others nemesis? 

I am also wondering if there is a whole group of b/c list villains just going around Gotham having side stories.

Also in regards to King Shark bringing a date, there most be some kind of underwater mutated shark community. He did mention that his mother had arranged this date with a girl shark from the hammerhead clan. 

Like that the show is addressing just how screwed up Joker/Harley's relationship was and how that type of relationship can really warp a person's view on what love is. 

Am I the only one surprised/disappointed that KiteMan made no comment when he flew the 'vagina' hole that Harley made?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ybrik said:

Also in regards to King Shark bringing a date, there most be some kind of underwater mutated shark community. He did mention that his mother had arranged this date with a girl shark from the hammerhead clan. 

He actually said they were betrothed. I imagine it's possible for arranged marriages to be the norm in mutant shark circles; I know some humans who are quite happy with theirs.

5 hours ago, ybrik said:

Am I the only one surprised/disappointed that KiteMan made no comment when he flew the 'vagina' hole that Harley made?

He was probably oblivious, but flipping 90° to be able to go through it was a nice touch.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 8:28 PM, ruby24 said:

The show really belongs to Poison Ivy, imo.

And that is why I'm getting tired of Kite Man. In small doses, he was hilarious. Larger doses of him would not be inherently that bad, except that he screws up the group dynamic. Ivy should be a bit aloof from the rest of the group, but still sarcastically interacting with them. Kite Man rarely even speaks to any of them except Ivy, and when he's around he distracts Ivy from the others, so there's just this weird, unrelated, and kind of half-assed "Kite Man and Ivy Show" stapled onto the side of the "Ivy and Harley Show."

On 4/25/2020 at 7:52 AM, ybrik said:

The addition of the Condiment King brings up so many questions. First did he wait for KiteMan to get engage and then asked his girlfriend to marry him? If they were already engaged was he holding off scheduling the wedding until KiteMan tried to? Also how did they become each others nemesis? 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the case, he seems to be just that petty. It honestly makes so much sense for them to be nemeses: they're both Z-list villains with really lame gimmicks, except Condiment King is WAY more obnoxious, I'm just wondering how he got such an attractive girlfriend. 😆

There goes the wokest ice themed villain in all of new New Gotham. 😭 I really wasn't expecting Mr. Freeze's death to be that sad, though I probably should have given the tragic nature of his character and Ivy's "death" scene from last season. I still can't blame Harley too much for assuming the worst since Mr. Freeze did come off as creepy earlier, especially with Nora's frankly terrified expression when frozen as opposed to the peaceful looking cryogenic coma patient she usually is in other iterations (also he seemingly stole the plot from You've Got Mail). It's very possible the crew will have to deal with Mrs. Freeze somewhere down the line.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2020 at 8:08 AM, paigow said:

All Ivy needed to do was make corn grow...problem solved

Or kill Condiment King. I mean they have killed people for so much less on this show.

I also really thought this episode would end with Nora freezing Victor and then taking over his crew and territory. I mean they said she was also a cryogenic expert. Although I guess that is still possible.