Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Wow, that scene between Peter and Simone was intense. Poor Peter! Simone self-sabotaged because, despite what she said, she isn’t way ahead of Peter. I doubt she has had any relationship since she transitioned.

Speaking of relationships, I love Fredwynn and Janice’s. He was so sweet at the hospital. His “hollow earth” discussion with Lev was funny. And “those goth kids...” 😆I love Fredwynn!

I’m confused about something: what company did Clara have to sell to B&E(?)? 

• Love 8

I was looking forward to this episode because this show usually cheers me up with the characters, their interaction, and their dialogue. 

Then this episode comes along and rips out my heart with The Date. Then it drops it on the ground and stomps on it for good measure with what Janice goes through.

Sigh. I gotta go make another drink

Edited by oompa
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

My DVR cut out in the last scene, after Fredwynn has taken the urn off the shelf in the crypt, and it looks like he is scooping something out of it. Did I miss anything?

I wasn't expecting a conventional happy ending with this series, but to see everyone so sad at the end of this episode was not what I was looking for either. Interested to see where this continues to go.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I’m confused about something: what company did Clara have to sell to B&E(?)? 

I'm guessing Clara made the Elsewhere Society concept into some sort of business and then sold it to B&E/Jejune Institute/Lee.

6 hours ago, FoundTime said:

My DVR cut out in the last scene, after Fredwynn has taken the urn off the shelf in the crypt, and it looks like he is scooping something out of it. Did I miss anything?

Fredwynn opens the lid of the urn, reaches in with his hand, and scoops out some of the content within.  He places the contents of his hand to his mouth and starts eating it.  As he chews, the narrator continues with Fredwynn’s assessment.  “…and yet, and yet, he can’t seem to help himself… because he’s always so sure that there is more.  That he and he alone has figured out the truth”.  Fredwynn grabs the urn and looks inside of it.  Camera moves in for a closer look.  The narrator then says “Of course, in this case… he’s right”.  Camera reveals the urn is filled with candy (Skittles or m&ms).  [Scene ends]

Edited by grawlix
  • Love 6

So there is nothing more to or mysterious with the Chucks and the Milkman?!

Curious what Lee would have done if Janice didn't pop up and say "Pick Me".

Is Janice now seeing her younger self because of the Jejune event or was she seeing her/having conversations for years?

I wonder if the people at the table wearing VR headsets were seeing Lee or someone else.

So Lee can't find joy when people in the room are giving her an applause and is upset when people are walking/staring at their cell phones. Is technology and people not being able to live without it giving her trouble? Is her shrink even trying?!

The waitress was funny when she summed up everything in a few sentences and just walked away after the group claimed they will be friends/this is our place. 

Fredwynn was in rare form telling the waitress the cran-apple supports waste elimination (TMI),  wanting to interrupt the people at the other funeral, asking the "you with a clipboard" if she is a "nurse", and his explanation for picking the abrupt time to give the group their files.

Does Fredwynn have a bug/tracker on Janice's phone to know she's at the hospital or did he just follow her from the diner?

Octavio (enters the limo): And scene! Did you see that? That might be the most ambiguously sinister walk of my career. I am hyped! 

I was hoping Peter and Simone had finally put an end to the debate about Geno's and Pat's!

The tone took a shift in the 2nd half to sad/depressing.

I was surprised Simone didn't say the waiter gave her a strange look. 

Two episodes left and are we starting a new game????

On 4/13/2020 at 11:33 PM, LittleIggy said:

Simone self-sabotaged because, despite what she said, she isn’t way ahead of Peter.

If you can't pick cake or pie, that is a true indication you are not ready!

Cake for me (for those playing at home).

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

That took such a sad turn! I was so excited for Peter and Simone to go on their date, but I should have known it wouldn't be that easy. Simone wasn't wrong that Peter might not have thought about what dating a transwoman would be like, and he certainly has a lot more work to do on himself, but this is just more of her rejecting people who could love and accept her due to her own fears and insecurities. 

"To be clear, I was talking to Simone. Fredwyn your great but..." 

Speaking of sadness, poor Janice. At least Fredwyn has actually learned more about how to be a friend and showed her a lot of compassion. He even gave out a few hugs! 

So The Architect AKA Lee bought her company from Clara, and then Clara died soon after. Did she misuse the company, take it away from what Clara imagined it being, and this is all about Lee trying to make amends? 

The game seems like its over...BUT ITS NOT! THE GAME IS STILL AFOOT! 

• Love 4

Another great episode! I'm loving this show the more time goes on & hope it gains critical acclaim. Smart and thought provoking.  Light hearted and emotional also. It's a visual feast (even in Simone's wardrobe alone). I don't know what they'd do for a possible following season but I know I keep waiting for it to lose me & it never does. 

• Love 4

I think Fredwynn's re-entry to the crypt and the  voiceover saying "In this case, he's right", coupled with the discovery that the cremains vase actually held candy, are meant to show that Clara isn't dead after all, and there is more to it.

Who paid for breakfast at the diner?  They all left.

Were there any other players in this game?  I know that everyone was separated into teams at the beginning, but my impression was that they were all actors and our heroes are the only four out of the loop until recently.  Seems like a huge expense for just those four, and what's the end game?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Another great episode! I'm loving this show the more time goes on & hope it gains critical acclaim. Smart and thought provoking.  Light hearted and emotional also. It's a visual feast (even in Simone's wardrobe alone). I don't know what they'd do for a possible following season but I know I keep waiting for it to lose me & it never does. 

I thought I read an interview with Jason Segel where he said he intended this to be an anthology series, with a new game (and new players) each season. But I might be misrembering that.

Can I just say I love some of the wordplay on this show? Jejune, obvs, but also Fredwynn, which my autocorrect has now twice changed to Fred Wynn, an actor from the 50s-60s, I think 🙃

Edited by FoundTime
Pesky spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Were there any other players in this game?  I know that everyone was separated into teams at the beginning, but my impression was that they were all actors and our heroes are the only four out of the loop until recently.  Seems like a huge expense for just those four, and what's the end game?

Everyone who initially gathered and separated into teams were players in the game.  Most followed the two planned tracks (Jejune, Elsewhere) and the game ended with the Cave of Kalpius party.   Our intrepid foursome, however, deviated from the tracks and delved into the story behind the game.

• Love 1
On 4/13/2020 at 11:34 PM, oompa said:

I was looking forward to this episode because this show usually cheers me up with the characters, their interaction, and their dialogue. 

Then this episode comes along and rips out my heart with The Date. Then it drops it on the ground and stomps on it for good measure with what Janice goes through.

Sigh. I gotta go make another drink

Same. This one was heartwrenching. I mean, really good. Just also really sad 

On 4/14/2020 at 10:50 AM, mxc90 said:

The waitress was funny when she summed up everything in a few sentences and just walked away after the group claimed they will be friends/this is our place. 

. . .

If you can't pick cake or pie, that is a true indication you are not ready!

Cake for me (for those playing at home).

I loved the waitress. Lol.

Cake vs pie is a garbage debate. First of all, what kind. And is there a scoop of ice cream? Second of all, what kind of world would it be if we had to choose? They are both delicious.

I suppose Dean Winchester would have thoughts on this matter, though.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, tennisgurl said:

That took such a sad turn! I was so excited for Peter and Simone to go on their date, but I should have known it wouldn't be that easy. Simone wasn't wrong that Peter might not have thought about what dating a transwoman would be like, and he certainly has a lot more work to do on himself, but this is just more of her rejecting people who could love and accept her due to her own fears and insecurities. 

I think it's both and I think they are both right and wrong all at once. Peter is probably being way too optimistic, but Simone is also definitely protecting herself by running away. I found both of them very relatable (and I was sort of proud of Peter for fighting for what he wanted). I still find them so good together, especially when they aren't trying to be something else.

Janice destroyed my heart. And I loved how she was decisive and strong when it came down to it. The scene with her younger self was so powerful. 

I also loved that we saw how close our group got to the truth. The confirmation that this wasn't some alternative path. And the explanation for some of the things we saw. 

• Love 2