Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Life and Death

• Start Topic

Ben and Maddie help Ryn guide her surrogate through a life-threatening delivery; Helen and Xander deliver a hybrid corpse to Beth at The Ranch; Xander faces danger on the high seas during a ride-along with the Bristol Cove water patrol.

Promo:

Original air date: 4/16/20

Didn'tDidn'tDidn'tDidn'tthis environmentalist guy is creepy to me.. With all the violence that has happened Helen deciding to scold Cami for killing the big guy felt weird... Didn't love Ben shooting him self up or turning into a super being.. . Nor did I like him upsetting the grave... Didn't love Maddie asking Can to do what he did and then never seeming to bother to check in with him... Again.. Mermaids killed his dad... While he's helping it is a bit of an emotional strain... Didn't love Helen not telling Ryn that Donna came to her.. Didn't love she didn't mention it to Cami... Tia is a hypocrite using that moto spear... For all her talk she sure fights like a human... Really Really didn't like some black lady redshirt dying for Ryn's miracle blue eyed blond haired baby ( isn't the dad that racially ambigous guy with the curly hair.. If not him then it's the other male mermaid who's all the way black either way that baby is mighty white)  casting director couldn't have found a slightly tan child for this?..  Optics look bad... Ugh

Did like xan being best man... That's about it

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know why Helen and Xander thought that it was weird for the hybrids to burn the bodies of their dead. First of all, Caroline already told them that due to their abnormalities, they didn't leave behind a body that could be examined. What did they think that meant? A trip through a wood chipper followed by a soak in an acid bath? And besides, lots of people choose cremation. It's very common.

I get that the newer mermaids need to be told that killing is not the way to solve every conflict, but I'm not going to shed a tear over a creepy control freak cult leader being dead. And wasn't it an accident? I thought Cami hit him (or pushed him?) to keep him from finding Ryn, Ben, and Maddie with Meredith. If he had found them, what does Helen think he would have done? Given everyone hugs, offered them some freshly baked cookies, and then let them leave the ranch with the only mermaid baby in existence?

It was a little weird that Ben introduced himself to Robb as Maddie's coworker. I know she's mad at Ben because he let Ian die, but I didn't think "I need some space" was the same as "we're breaking up."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Didn't love Ben shooting him self up or turning into a super being.. . Nor did I like him upsetting the grave...

He is not doing it fro himself, he is doing it for his mother. He said he would continue her treatments if he could prove they were perfectly safe. So he is testing her treatment by using himself as a "guinea pig".

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know why Helen and Xander thought that it was weird for the hybrids to burn the bodies of their dead. First of all, Caroline already told them that due to their abnormalities, they didn't leave behind a body that could be examined. What did they think that meant? A trip through a wood chipper followed by a soak in an acid bath? And besides, lots of people choose cremation. It's very common.

It is very common if you report the death to the proper authorities before you cremate the body. What happened was multiple crimes were committed and it can't be spun as anything else. 

It was a long boring episode, it was a "labor" to watch it.

• LOL 1

I was very confused why they were revering the surrogate and the nurse who stole Ryn's embryo and then got themselves into trouble because they implanted Ryn's siren embryo into a womb that was not designed to handle it.  Cult leader dude wasn't the only bad guy here....the whole thing annoyed the fuck out of me. 

Glad the baby is healthy, but why did it take so long to get it to the water.  I expected that to be the first thing they did, not to set up a rocking chair.  

• Love 4

We've already seen the issues Ben has with Robb but does Ryn have any idea that Maddie is stepping out? I feel like Robb isn't long for this world when Ryn finds out.

Also, was that really Ryn's first smile? If so that was a nice bit of fan service.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2020 at 10:35 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Glad the baby is healthy, but why did it take so long to get it to the water.  I expected that to be the first thing they did, not to set up a rocking chair.  

I can understand their motives....it's not everday you have a merbaby born on land from a normal womb....it looked like a normal child so they werent sure what to think, would it survive the transformation, etc...

I get that it was easier not to show the baby transforming in the water but....is it something that becomes more painful the older you get? It was a little weird that they go into the water and it just becomes this happy go lucky mer-baby within seconds.

There are still so many questions I have for these hybrids and what traits they take from their Siren side of the family. We know that they can get those dreams but should they be great swimmers? Better breathing ability? Age better?

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

Awww look at that cute baby mermaid! Baby fish! 

I know that we need to sometimes remind the merfolk that violence shouldn't be the first option on land (no Cami stop that!) that doesn't mean that I will be so sad to see creepy cult guy die. Like, we are now NOT supposed to be creeped out by the cultists? What they did, stealing Ryns embryo and impregnating it into someone else, is pretty freaking creepy, even if it did end up working out, and might be the key to helping deal with mer fertility issues. Still creepy! 

Maddie is really playing with fire having this flirty thing with the environmentalist guy. So are she and Ben broken up? I thought that he was just giving her space, I didn't realize that they had actually broken up. So, are they now both just separately dating Ryn? What will Ryn do when she finds out? She might side with Ben, considering Maddie is now dating some other guy (does that mean she is cheating on Ryn if she and this guy get together?) and Ryn was totally cool with Ben letting that guy die.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:21 PM, marceline said:

We've already seen the issues Ben has with Robb but does Ryn have any idea that Maddie is stepping out? I feel like Robb isn't long for this world when Ryn finds out.

Also, was that really Ryn's first smile? If so that was a nice bit of fan service.

I think she thinks they are just fighting.