Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Hand-Off

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 3/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Did they seriously have a scene where Chen GOOGLED fucking HUNTINGTON'S? Was that seriously the best that the writers could come up with to explain what Hungtinton's was? Chen, a well-educated child of doctors looking it up on her phone and reading what Wikipedia said?

Just because your parents are doctors, doesn't mean you know everything about every disease and affliction out there.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Just because your parents are doctors, doesn't mean you know everything about every disease and affliction out there.

You mean all those kids in elementary school who were always bellowing at you, "I should know. My dad's a doctor," we lying? They told us they got their medical degrees at the same time as their birth certificates. Go figure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

You mean all those kids in elementary school who were always bellowing at you, "I should know. My dad's a doctor," we lying? They told us they got their medical degrees at the same time as their birth certificates. Go figure.

My husband has pulled the "I grew up with a nurse for a mother" crap. She's been wrong a few times in her advice and assessments, just sayin'. 😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Nolan is an idiot if he only checks his account every six months.  Also, my credit card company tells me if my credit score changes.  That was...dumb.  

Don't talk or look at the inmate, but I'm going to let him stand right in front of you.  That was stupid.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

Nolan is an idiot if he only checks his account every six months.  Also, my credit card company tells me if my credit score changes.  That was...dumb

Meh, on this show, not so dumb. He’s got a Lot going on. When I was about his age and had made career and home moves, I didn’t notice for about 2 years that AOL had been erroneously billing me at a former address until I finally checked my credit rating. Plus, didn’t Nolan just recently get hacked? Or had it been going on for awhile?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Meh, on this show, not so dumb. He’s got a Lot going on. When I was about his age and had made career and home moves, I didn’t notice for about 2 years that AOL had been erroneously billing me at a former address until I finally checked my credit rating. Plus, didn’t Nolan just recently get hacked? Or had it been going on for awhile?

I don't see how the hack was recent.  There were seven new credit cards in his name.  They wouldn't have automatically tanked his credit score unless they were in default, so it had to have been a few months at least, right?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

I don't see how the hack was recent.  There were seven new credit cards in his name.  They wouldn't have automatically tanked his credit score unless they were in default, so it had to have been a few months at least, right?

To me, a few months is recent, especially for identity theft.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

There were seven new credit cards in his name.  They wouldn't have automatically tanked his credit score unless they were in default,

Well, as I understand it, every credit card is considered by the scorekeepers as a potential debt.

So if you have "too many" credit cards, even if you never use them, they are part of your debt burden, since you could use them tomorrow.

Having debt greater than your income can handle is how you tank your credit score.

• Love 2

I’m watching this show for the first time years later. Putting aside the problem of income taxes due on the comic books, I don’t think it would have been legit for Nolan to get special treatment on the division of the stolen proceeds by retrieving the comic books.  The comic books would have to be put in the pool with the other purchased stuff and proceeds distributed among all victims. Nolan couldn’t just take the key and go retrieve the comics and get an affidavit from the thief.  Idiot plot syndrome. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie