Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: The Invisible Woman

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Another case wrapped up way too quickly. 

There is so much missing from this show. I know they sort of had to take that case last night, but this season it seems there’s little of the battle of wills showing if they will or won’t take it. What to me was interesting early on was when Bull did as he pleased, ignoring his team, because he FELT something for the client. He took on some tough cases and there was a risk. Now, that risk seems to be missing.

And why does each show have to show Bull with his kid? And where’s the wife? Is this supposed to be some kind of redemptive arc? I find it annoying.

• Love 1

I'll just say upfront that I fully understand this show is fiction, and tv trials often have no resemblance to real ones.  Having said that, the idea that the judge was just going to let the jury see that video of the defendant speaking at a ten year old conference without having the attorney explain what the video would show, allowing the defense to see the video before presenting it and weighing whether the probative value of the tape outweighed the prejudice was just ridiculous.  And the defendant was entirely right.  There is a huge difference between positing that you might have to let someone die if they are infected by a potentially new virus no one understands and intentionally infecting people to further a political agenda. 

• Love 5

I had no idea Hudson University was doing such cutting edge scientific research. Prior to this year, I had always thought that it wasn't a very good school. Clearly, I was wrong about the fictional school. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sarah 103 said:

I had no idea Hudson University was doing such cutting edge scientific research. Prior to this year, I had always thought that it wasn't a very good school. Clearly, I was wrong about the fictional school. 

Eh, it pretty much is holding steady with its reputation for having a murderous and rapey faculty/student body.

• LOL 3

If the Feds told Benny to take on the defense, did they also pay for TAC?  Pad those payrolls!

If Bull ever needs an trial exhibit for people acting stupidly, all he has to do is present Taylor and and Marissa.  "Gee, there's been anthrax attacks around town using unidentified mail.  Let's open this card to see what it says."

I was thinking that the real culprit would be the Congressman, who wanted to kill his wife and covered it up by making it look like a serial terrorist.  Nope, too complicated.

Weatherly should have done his PSA with a face mask on.  Heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was thinking that the real culprit would be the Congressman, who wanted to kill his wife and covered it up by making it look like a serial terrorist.

He told us how much he loved her, but made no actual contribution at all to the evidence! How/why was he called to the stand?

• Love 1
On 3/17/2020 at 7:18 AM, txhorns79 said:

And the defendant was entirely right.  There is a huge difference between positing that you might have to let someone die if they are infected by a potentially new virus no one understands and intentionally infecting people to further a political agenda. 

Exactly!  The video really supported her stance, it wasn't the smoking gun the prosecutor seemed to think it was.