Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: The Blind Auditions, Part 4

• Start Topic

Aired March 9, 2020

Coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton vie to discover and coach the next singing phenomenon on the fourth night of blind auditions.

With only 10 spots on each Coach's team, they are filling up fast.

Team Blake

Jamal Corrie

Joei Fulco

Levi Watkins

Todd Michael Hall

Todd Tilghman

Toneisha Harris

Jon Mullins

Jacob Daniel Murphy

-So far, Blake's team skews heavily male but has zero country which is pretty shocking. A lot of more mature artists too. I'd say TMH, Toneisha (one of his two females), and possibly one-chair turn Jamal Corrie might be the standouts. Although for an interesting voice that doesn't match her look, I'm mildly intrigued at what kind of song Joie will sing in the Battle and then in the KO if she advances that far.

Team John

CammWess

Darious Lyles

Nelson Cade III

Thunderstorm Artis

Zach Day

Zan Fiskum

Mike Jerel

-IMO, Thunderstorm and Zan are the two major standouts here followed closely by CammWess. My question for John is...will he let CammWeiss, Darious, Nelson, Mike, and maybe another artist we've yet to see cannibalize each other in the "R&B/Soul" lane or will he pair them up against weaker artists in the Battles and KOs to go into the lives with maybe 4 of them and Zan as his team? Remains to be seen...

Team Kelly

Chelle

Megan Danielle

Samantha Howell

Sara Collins

Tayler Green

Anaya Cheyenne

Mandi Thomas

Jules

-Kelly is going to end up with another heavily female team. I would say one of the two country girls has to advance a few rounds because there is almost no country on any other team, and if I had to guess I'd guess Samantha. Tayler Green of the Teal colored hair seems like a standout. Also Megan Danielle the girl from WV who had never been on a plane before the Voice. I think her voice has an it factor but you wonder if she will be able to hold up under the pressure.

Team Nick

Allegra Miles

Arei Moon

Joanna Serenko

Samuel Wilco

Tate Brusa

Jacob Miller

Roderick Chambers

Michael Williams

-Nick's team is eclectic. In all the times we've had the active duty military storyline on the Voice very few if any really went very far. Samuel could break that streak. Jacob Miller is one to watch, if he can make it to where the Twitter Save comes into play, I could see him having a small but mighty following there. Michael Williams or Tate for that matter might get the teen heartthrob push for this season which could help them out some. Allegra and Joanna have interesting voices, I'll be interested to see how Nick coaches them and helps with song selections when he has that ability.

-Re: The 6'10 guy from Chicago, have you never watched the Voice, ever? Every single season there is a zero chair turn that they specifically show who focuses more dancing and moving around on stage instead of singing a song that shows off different sides of their voice. Blake's basically a broken record on these kind of auditions 18 seasons in. I really liked his voice, he (IMO) could've handled a rangier song. Just dumb, dumb game play on his part.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1

I'm not sure what's up, but, for some reason, I tend to like the singers they don't and dislike those that they do. They may be big time celeb singers, but, I trust my ears over theirs. 

I try not to develop a dislike for any one contestant, because it distracts me, but, this one person has already caught my attention and I'm not happy about that. She looks like she smells a terrible odor while singing.  I would think that's not something you can rid yourself of easily:(

I thought Zan was the standout of the night, at least until Mike came on last.  Though Zan does have that ethereal quality to her voice that a lot of these indie girls have, she also showed considerable power and range, plus that tone that Kelly noted sounded like natural reverb. She's one I'm looking forward to seeing again.  I couldn't care less about her hat.

Man's World has been done to death on this show, but at least Mike put his own spin on the song and he does have a great voice.

The other two who I thought were pretty good were Jules and Amaya. 

Blake and Nick did not have a good night as the rest of the contestants ranged from mediocre to downright bad (looking at you Michael Williams).

• Love 1

Wow, Blake really had a bad night. He basically ended up with 1 chair turns. And why was the only person that didn't get a back story is the 1 chair turn with the yellow hat, or did I blink and miss it? I know Kelly won last year with a 1 chair turn but I think Blake is grabbing them so he can use them as a disposable pairing.

Sometimes I think the coaches don't want to really coach because I don't understand when they don't turn they go on and on about how they loved the singer and how they had such a great tone and all that jazz so why not turn and coach them? I think they just want someone that's already good and needs little to no coaching.

I wish Kelly would shut up when they are singing.

I'm really liking Nick as a coach and he give good advice/critique to the singers.

I wonder why only 10 contestants this season and how that's going to play out?

No one has wowed me yet.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I wonder why only 10 contestants this season and how that's going to play out?

Yes, it seems like I either missed it or they've only been mentioning it lately.  I actually think it's an improvement - especially if that means they skip the montages.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention, I think the opera singer should've tried out for AGT. I think she would have better luck there because it's seems Simon likes that style of singing. I'm not sure how far she'll make it on the Voice, not because she can't sing but because I think the audience that watches and votes on the Voice is younger than AGT. But what do I know, maybe with Kelly as her coach she'll go far.

• Love 3
On 3/10/2020 at 10:48 PM, foxfreakinmulder said:

I forgot to mention, I think the opera singer should've tried out for AGT. I think she would have better luck there because it's seems Simon likes that style of singing. I'm not sure how far she'll make it on the Voice, not because she can't sing but because I think the audience that watches and votes on the Voice is younger than AGT. But what do I know, maybe with Kelly as her coach she'll go far.

I agree. Though I liked her because she was different. This show has so many contestants that are interchangeable that it was nice to see something different. Unfortunately I feel like she will be fodder for the battle rounds.   

• Love 1