Type keyword(s) to search

Previous Seasons Talk (Seasons 1-11)

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Binge watching all seasons. Holy crap!  I've NEVER wanted to reach through the screen & strangle a person so bad as season 9 Elise. She is the worst of the worst.  She is a horrible person. Totally narcissistic. She can't shut up long enough to listen to anyone.  Selfish, self-centered, arrogant & wort of all a liar.  Can't accept responsibility for ANYTHING! She'd be out on her ass if she worked for me, skills or not.

I suggest you watch Hells Kitchen All Stars wherein you can see Elyse in all her glory and drama once again.  The show can't resist using the heinous contestants for drama.

• Love 1

This covid lockdown has played such mind games with me. I was looking for something interesting to watch. So just for grins I started watching Season 1 episode 1. I didn't start watching HK until the season that Rock won so I figured I would go back to the beginning. To be honest it has been a hoot to see what it was like at the very beginning to what it is now. Some things are the same but there were some nifty changes. Right now I have reached the episode where there are the last three chefs; Michael, Ralph, and Jessica. Wow is Michael a real di## head, very sneaky roaming around in the back sabotaging the other chefs. I will finish watching this later tonight then on to season 2. Anyone else doing this??

I have to admit watching the early ones has been fun. Something to break-up the sameness of each day. I am now on episode 1 of Season 2. Michael won season one. For some reason chef Ralph looks very familiar. Has he appeared on Chopped? I sure wish I could place his face. The caliper of the chefs from the beginning is sure different than what is there now. I won't be running out of episodes for awhile sine there are 17 completed seasons. I did start with season 17, the All Stars season. Gee too bad they didn't select Dewberry for this season HA HA HA.

Any one know what Chef Michael is doing now?

I am now watching season 3, the one that Rock won. Julia the Waffle House cook is in this one. Talk about a coincident, they just showed the wedding reception and then I watched the wedding on season 19. Things seem to have not changed much over the seasons since the challenges and punishments have not altered much. Even the rewards are just the same. The winners of the last challenge in season 3 got a visit to a spa. Then the season 19 winners went to a spa. Me thinks the writers need a kick in the ass and try to  be a bit more original.

• Love 1

I really wasn't rooting for anyone for S1-2 those seasons were a little blah but I will say that Virgina S2 should have been eliminated a long time ago and I do also believe that Ramsay found her attractive and part of the reason why he kept her.

My favorite contestants were:

Julia (S3), Petrozza (S4 R.I.P,), Paula & Danny (S5 great final 2), Dave, Van, & Kevin (S6), Holli (S7), Vinny & Jillian (S8), Tommy, Jen, & Will (S9), Christina & Brian (S10), Jon & Ja'nel (S11)

Least:

Tiffany (S3), Matt, Jen, Cory, Rosann (S4), Lacey, Ben, Andrea, & Carol (S5), Suzanne, Robert, & Joseph (S6), Ben (S7), Raj, Russell (S8), Elise (S9), Robyn, Kimmie, & Tiffany (S10), Zach, Jeremy, Dan, & Nedra (S11)

I won't go into long detail as to why I like/dislike these contestants, don't want a long post but some are self explanatory. 

I watched a show on the Food Network. It is the one where chefs are competing to get GZ to invest in their restaurant. Suddenly there on the screen was Chef T. I can't recall what season she competed. So far she has survived several cuts. She has changed much, still a big lady.

3 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

Suddenly there on the screen was Chef T.

I recognized her right away and wondered how someone who was so foul-mouthed and borderline menacing got on a show with Geoffrey Zakarian.  So far, she's been fine though.

• Love 1

my daughter has been a fan for a while and said I just had to watch (after i enjoyed The Bear).

so with Peacock, starting with season 1.

I have to laugh that Ramsay is just as rude to the customers (getting free food, i presume) as he is to the other chefs.  

i have to admit, i'd like to dine at one of his restaurants sometime, but hopefully not while filming, lol.

Watching season 10 again.  it's interesting to look deeper at the divide between the Red Team, how the Kimmie-Robyn-Tiffany alliance starts breaking up because, in the end, it is all about the individual winning.  As the team becomes whittled down, so do the "friendships."  It's also nice to see Christina and Barbie (and sometimes Dana) rise from the rubble and be better than the rest of the Red Team's immaturity and cattiness.  

On a side note, how rich it is that Tiffany whines about her teammates' cattiness when she herself was part off the catty clique and is contributing to the collective aggression and attitude problems throughout.

Also, isn't it projection to complain about Barbie's "attitude"? The same witches on that team are contributing to the group's deterioration.  Barbie is the most chill lady on that program! Surely, a group of Barbies is more likely to lead the brigade to victory than a group of Tiffanys, Kimmies, or Robyns.