Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: 10-8 Entitlements

AgentRXS

When a rash of home invasions hit West Hollywood, it leads the Sherriff's department to discover a burglary ring, whose members are competing against one another for bragging rights. Paula and Maggie continue to plan Maggie's Quinceaera, enlisting the help of Paula's mother. Meanwhile, Bishop tries to deal with an uncomfortable conversation with Genevieve.

Original Air Date: February 27, 2020

I totally don't get the problem with Bishop's girlfriend. Didn't Bishop move to LA to be with her? So I would think the girlfriend also loves Bishop. So girlfriend proclaims she's a lesbian and only wants sex with a woman. Isn't Bishop physically a woman? I just don't see the problem there. If Bishop wants a sex change to physically become a man, that I can see could cause a riff. But Bishop dresses and looks like a man now, so what's the big deal if she is starting to identify as a they? That doesn't change anything physically they do as a couple. A straight man might imagine his wife to be some movie star when having sex, but that doesn't mean they get a divorce because wife isn't a movie star. And vice versa.

Bishop wanting out of the ride on the freeway was all kinds of stupid. If I were the driver, I would have said a big no to that idea. Then Bill coming to pick her up and not turning the lights on his sheriff's vehicle while they had a convo on the side of the multi-lane freeway was all sorts of stupid too. Lucky (I guess) they both weren't killed.

Then Bill took Bishop home. Doesn't Bishop live with the girlfriend?

None of that story line made sense to me.

Did the kid robber kill the woman he shot? This show is so ephemeral about whether injured/shot people live or die or are just forgotten. And LOL that Justin the Robber was ID'd by that grainy dark CC video. But whatever.

I don't care if Bill runs in the election or not. Wouldn't change this show any, except all the scenes of Bill blowing off meetings would have to be cut.

I didn't get what the big deal was with Cade's wife that the grandma of the two foster/adopted (which is it now?) kids wants to see them. That happens all the time, and keeping kids from their bio families isn't a good idea. Except on tv shows I guess.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I totally don't get the problem with Bishop's girlfriend. Didn't Bishop move to LA to be with her? So I would think the girlfriend also loves Bishop. So girlfriend proclaims she's a lesbian and only wants sex with a woman. Isn't Bishop physically a woman? I just don't see the problem there. If Bishop wants a sex change to physically become a man, that I can see could cause a riff. But Bishop dresses and looks like a man now, so what's the big deal if she is starting to identify as a they? That doesn't change anything physically they do as a couple. A straight man might imagine his wife to be some movie star when having sex, but that doesn't mean they get a divorce because wife isn't a movie star. And vice versa.

Bishop wanting out of the ride on the freeway was all kinds of stupid. If I were the driver, I would have said a big no to that idea. Then Bill coming to pick her up and not turning the lights on his sheriff's vehicle while they had a convo on the side of the multi-lane freeway was all sorts of stupid too. Lucky (I guess) they both weren't killed.

Did the kid robber kill the woman he shot? This show is so ephemeral about whether injured/shot people live or die or are just forgotten. And LOL that Justin the Robber was ID'd by that grainy dark CC video. But whatever.

I don't care if Bill runs in the election or not. Wouldn't change this show any, except all the scenes of Bill blowing off meetings would have to be cut.

I didn't get what the big deal was with Cade's wife that the grandma of the two foster/adopted (which is it now?) kids wants to see them. That happens all the time, and keeping kids from their bio families isn't a good idea. Except on tv shows I guess.

This covers most of the interruptions of suspension of disbelief that I had to hand wave. 

The entitled teenage break-in crime spree plot was done before on either The Closer or its sequel, Major Crimes. In that case, someone died. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well he did kill their son or son in law. Good thing the miracle pregnancy came just in time for the grandparents case against L A  County DCFS and taking custody 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Raja said:

Well he did kill their son or son in law.

Oh yeah, good point, I'd forgotten that small detail. I guess adopted son saying he wasn't going to kill Cade after all made me forget that. Funny the adopted daughter doesn't get to speak or get any screen time or happy time with her new parents. That'd be cool if she ended up shooting Cade.

Don't worry, no actor is ever really killed by gunfire on this show. They just get partly or mostly dead.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

In this case, maybe this show.

I know, I am so hilarious. You're welcome.

My dad had the same sense of humor. Do you do puns too?

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Don't worry, no actor is ever really killed by gunfire on this show. They just get partly or mostly dead

😂

I wonder if the writers themselves knew what the dirt was on Hollister at the time that this script was shot. Or is it just that former affair that was already revealed to us?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

They mentioned attempted murder charges so at least at that point in time the woman was probably still alive.

One difference if Bill is no longer sheriff is he won't get to pontificate in front of the media anymore.  Rando deputies are not allowed to do that.  So I'm kind of for him not running or running and losing.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if the writers themselves knew what the dirt was on Hollister at the time that this script was shot. Or is it just that former affair that was already revealed to us?

Oh, I forgot about the woman deputy finding some scoop online about Bill. I wondered what was so secret that only that woman could dig it up and the "other guy" running for sheriff couldn't find it himself or have one of his minions dig it up. I sort of remember his blackmailing the woman deputy to work for him in secret but I don't remember what he has on her.

I also don't remember learning Bill had an affair. I guess I have selective viewing (and remembering) when it comes to this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So I'm kind of for him not running or running and losing.

Can you just imagine what will happen if Jerry London is/becomes Hollister's boss?

IMO, I believe it's in the cards for Hollister to remain THE SHERIFF. Then he can keep on letting us know how his "new" job has such an overwhelming affect on his family.  Although I'm wondering what they've uncovered about Hollister that London now considers his "insurance policy."

• Love 2
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

also don't remember learning Bill had an affair. I guess I have selective viewing (and remembering) when it comes to this show.

I can’t quite recall whether Hollister or his CI/amoré were married or going steady with others when they hooked up, so maybe not an “affair” per se. Anyway, it was the beautiful young woman he brought home for safe keeping. IIRC, she went into WitSec. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I can’t quite recall whether Hollister or his CI/amoré were married or going steady with others when they hooked up, so maybe not an “affair” per se. Anyway, it was the beautiful young woman he brought home for safe keeping. IIRC, she went into WitSec. 

Oh, that's right. I had totally forgotten about her. She was the woman Bill's wife freaked out about because she was pretty. Like if she'd been an ugly cow (eh), then it would be okay with her if she were Bill's CI.

I wonder if Me Too is cutting back on script writers' ideas.

Both Bill and Bishop now have some Big Secret that will be/not be revealed based on show renewal.

• Love 2
(edited)

He did not have an affair. He met his wife while the woman in question was his CI, on the night he got shot and he never saw the CI  again after that until she showed up in the episode.   The fact that he has more than a professional relationship with the CI doesn’t make it an affair. I can see why that would be forgetttable to us because we are so tired of his sermons.   stop beating  the audience  over the head about being inclusive.  

Cades’ wife is afraid the two children will be placed with the  grandmother instead of them being able to be adopted. 

I can see where Bishops’ girlfriend is coming from. She wants to be with a woman.   Bishop presented herself ( now themselves) as female.    I married a man.  I want to be married to a man.  If my spouse decided he was part female, that would be  a deal breaker for me.  We could change our relationship to friends, but I would want to live  alone. 
It is different for Bishops friends  and co-workers.  Their self-identity doesn’t have to change because Bishop is changing. Bishops’ situation doesn’t seriously impact their lives.  Gwens’ self identity has to change  if she wants to stay with Bishop.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

can see where Bishops’ girlfriend is coming from. She wants to be with a woman.   Bishop presented herself ( now themselves) as female.    I married a man.  I want to be married to a man.  If my spouse decided he was part female, that would be  a deal breaker for me.  We could change our relationship to friends, but I would want to live  alone. 
It is different for Bishops friends  and co-workers.  Their self-identity doesn’t have to change because Bishop is changing. Bishops’ situation doesn’t seriously impact their lives.  Gwens’ self identity has to change  if she wants to stay with Bishop.  

I assumed that this^ is exactly how the writers wanted us to think about Bishop’s partner’s reaction to Bishop’s non-binary status and identity, but I immediately thought that her reaction was more generic and universal —that it transcends gender identity and is just one of the infinite variations of “we grew apart.” Bishop’s girlfriend’s reaction seemed the same as someone whose partner had “gotten religion” or quit their job to run for president.
I wonder if better writing and/or acting could have made me feel uniquely about this particular change. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

I’m ready to get this quinceanera show on the road already.

Ok so I can see why Gen would have concerns and Bishop not giving her a second to process it was ridiculous, but how on earth is their non-binary status going to affect how they do their damn job?  Is Bishop suddenly going to lose the ability to ID suspects from the bottom half of their faces?  The freak out with the sheriff was way over the top, IMO.  Good thing that freeway is not very well traveled.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, mojoween said:

I’m ready to get this quinceanera show on the road already.

Ok so I can see why Gen would have concerns and Bishop not giving her a second to process it was ridiculous, but how on earth is their non-binary status going to affect how they do their damn job?  Is Bishop suddenly going to lose the ability to ID suspects from the bottom half of their faces?  The freak out with the sheriff was way over the top, IMO.  Good thing that freeway is not very well traveled.

I believe we were supposed to think that Bishop felt they wouldn’t be accepted by Hollister once he found out their non-binary status.  I discussed in my earlier post why co-workers wouldn’t care as much as romantic partners. However, there  are still co-workers  that would react badly.  Bishop is in an emotionally stressed condition at the moment and wanted to tell Hollister outside of work in case he reacted badly. 

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:
On 3/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, mojoween said:

I believe we were supposed to think that Bishop felt they wouldn’t be accepted by Hollister once he found out their non-binary status.  I discussed in my earlier post why co-workers wouldn’t care as much as romantic partners. However, there  are still co-workers  that would react badly.  Bishop is in an emotionally stressed condition at the moment and wanted to tell Hollister outside of work in case he reacted badly. 

I kind of wish Hollister had (perhaps jokingly) accused Bishop of ageism for assuming that he would not accept their non-binary status, like maybe asking them if they thought he would tell them to get off of his lawn. But Hollister isn't characterized as old, so going there would have changed his persona somewhat.