Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Are You A Spider, Matt?

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Judd enlists Ryan to help charm Harrison Aimes, an uber-wealthy passenger who has a strange effect on Judd. Meanwhile, the passengers become transfixed by a divine image circling the ship and Rav deals with the fallout when the ship's moral quandary hits the media.

Airing Sunday, March 1, 2020.

An illuminated ring of excrement. Yikes.

That face in the poop cloud didn't look like the pope to me. Somebody famous, but not the pope. All I'm going to say is to the writers of this show: nicely done. The dialogue in reference to that thing took on a whole different meaning.

Judd Light Beer. Hurts less on the way in than it does on the way out. Yum!

Faith in science? Kinda timely.

Where has Harrison Aimes been for the first 6 episodes ?

Yeah, seems late in the game to have dropped in a major antagonist to Judd. I hope it was planned and not due to some kind of panic behind the scenes. No point really since the show has already been renewed. They can fix the problems for next season.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, seems late in the game to have dropped in a major antagonist to Judd. I hope it was planned and not due to some kind of panic behind the scenes. No point really since the show has already been renewed. They can fix the problems for next season.

Glad to see them break it up a bit...bring in some fresh blood.

I've been thinking all along that with 5K souls on board, they have almost unlimited new faces to work into storylines, or to work storylines around.   

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, PentaHookUp said:

I've been thinking all along that with 5K souls on board, they have almost unlimited new faces to work into storylines, or to work storylines around.

Yeah, it's a TV cheat, but fair enough. It doesn't bother me for a show like this. Some super rich guy probably went on a cruise and didn't want to be bothered until the shit hit the fan. 

The in show ads were killing me. 

Wow Tobey Maguire died! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Yeah, it's a TV cheat, but fair enough. It doesn't bother me for a show like this. Some super rich guy probably went on a cruise and didn't want to be bothered until the shit hit the fan. 

The in show ads were killing me. 

Wow Tobey Maguire died! 

Well, at least fans know Maguire has 40 more years.  

Although considering how he died...all of them, obviously not happy ones.

• Love 2
On 2/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Where has Harrison Aimes been for the first 6 episodes ?

Probably in his Penthouse Suite wanting for nothing.

He only came to see 'Fudd' because he objected to the 10th class passengers (those Caca Papa, as Judd so inelegantly put it, watchers) hanging out in the 1st class hallway; and wanted them gone.

I guess until all that illuminating started, he had no reason to show up.  And considering that he and 'Fudd' mix together like oil-and-water; it’s probably a good thing.

Items ordered (hope I didn't miss any) by Rav and Alan during their (almost lunch) with friends:

Jackal Paws

Cucumber Snow

Wasp Tapenade

Owls in a Blanket

Tree Soup

Mexican Drink (with a finger in it)

Rabbit Nuggets

If this is what it has come down to, except for maybe treating myself to a glass of water, I think 40 years from now I will be skipping lunch.

The other items are pretty self-explanatory; but, I can't imagine what "Cucumber Snow" could be.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I didn't hear 'snow.' That's even funnier. I did catch the 'with a finger in it' which is just brilliantly ridiculous for all the questions it raises. 

Speaking of a question raised: 

What was up with Judd and that golf 👗?

23 hours ago, momo said:

If they keep having that poop, I'm gonna have to stop.

If Billie’s jettison-the-weight-of-500-people-worth-of-stuff-out-the-back theory works the poop circle (as well as being orbited by those coffins) should be history.  And none too soon!

• Love 2

I have to say - I've hung in there with this show, even when I didn't think it was for me at first. And...I'm really enjoying it now. Not the ring of poop, but then...it's the ridiculousness of all of it.  My favorite players - Ryan (because Hugh Laurie, amirite???), Billie, Iris...honestly, there is no one at this point that I hate. Sure, some annoy, but they have their role in this show.

Also, I want to be Iris. That is all.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

You know it won't be that easy

Even if it were so easy a chimp could do it, no way Team Judd will ever complete the task without fate (or some boo-boo) throwing in a monkey wrench to gum up the works.

(edited)
5 hours ago, PentaHookUp said:

Even if it were so easy a chimp could do it, no way Team Judd will ever complete the task without fate (or some boo-boo) throwing in a monkey wrench to gum up the works.

I think it will end up being another element orbiting the ship, but if they're looking for a Newtonian effect, why didn't jettisoning the poop in the first place propel them away from it?

Edited by SG429
(edited)
17 hours ago, PentaHookUp said:

12 hours ago, SG429 said:

I think it will end up being another element orbiting the ship, but if they're looking for a Newtonian effect, why didn't jettisoning the poop in the first place propel them away from it?

It wasn’t jettisoned in the first place; it was released as the result of a leak and, then, caught in the ship’s gravitational pull.  If it had been in, say, a container and released all-at-once, (instead of coming out in a stream)  maybe because of its combined weight...it would have. 

Assuming, (I guess) it was weighty enough to handle the heaviness of those 500 NEPs.

Edited by PentaHookUp
On 3/4/2020 at 6:58 PM, PentaHookUp said:

If Billie’s jettison-the-weight-of-500-people-worth-of-stuff-out-the-back theory works the poop circle (as well as being orbited by those coffins) should be history.  And none too soon!

Do they know the supply shuttle is coming?  I'm speculating they will complete the jettison and then the shuttle won't be able to get to them somehow.

16 hours ago, PentaHookUp said:

It wasn’t jettisoned in the first place; it was released as the result of a leak and, then, caught in the ship’s gravitational pull.  If it had been in, say, a container and released all-at-once, (instead of coming out in a stream)  maybe because of its combined weight...it would have. 

Not to get into a "thing," but it is fun to discuss the physics of a stream of s**t... The leak looked like there was pressure behind it, didn't it? (not going back to check the recording). Not enough force to be Newtonian? Is there an Avenue 5 Science thread?

IIRC, in a previous episode, they said there is a process for expelling the waste.  I would think that wouldn't result in a shit halo, otherwise all these space cruises would be surrounded in it.  It was because of the leak, and where it leaked, that it ended up orbiting.  And the leak wouldn't have happened if they had done the formal waste expulsion.

• Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, SG429 said:

Not to get into a "thing," but it is fun to discuss the physics of a stream of s**t... The leak looked like there was pressure behind it, didn't it? (not going back to check the recording). Not enough force to be Newtonian? Is there an Avenue 5 Science thread?

Yes, It looked like a gusher from an oil well.  As for a "Science Thread"...don't know; but wouldn't be surprised.

Also, shows usually have subject-matter-experts consulting; so maybe the cargo-drop method works while the S-streaming one (even though it probably would have been funnier); doesn’t.

12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Do they know the supply shuttle is coming?  I'm speculating they will complete the jettison and then the shuttle won't be able to get to them somehow.

12 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't think they know the shuttle is coming. 

I don't think they know the shuttle is coming either.  Avenue 5 probably will have been there and gone by the time Rav and the shuttles shows up.

I think it would be a blast if instead of just missing them Rav and the shuttles somehow get drag into Avenue 5’s orbit and have to come aboard.  

Of course, the downside would be that then we would have no one back at Mission Control to hysterically carry on as if they were permanently hooked up to an upper-Iv.

Edited by PentaHookUp
3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

No, I think the shuttle will dock. It's too much of an opportunity to not have Rav thrown in with all of them. Does she even know the captain and the crew are all fake?

Good questions.