Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Commitment Issues

• Start Topic

So, the best team in town didn't see the final twist coming although it was announced with the stealth of a Dothraki horde charging?

ETA: Carla was definitely the episode's MVP 😁

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2

Why does Jaffe keep writing? Her episodes are awful! I figured out what the tech company was doing about 20 minutes in. There was so much "empty air" - scenes that were filled with nothing but the hot air of dialogue without relevance: the conversation with Carla, the Callen-Nell-Beale conversation, the interrogation of Michael's date. But, no investigation into Michael or his military record, work history, bank accounts, personal social media. And even though the tech company was making a search engine for the Chinese government and an employee was murdered, the agents couldn't find a reason to bring the boss in for questioning? And this entire plot was the brainchild of an insurance broker? Talk about multi-talented. And, of course, she couldn't tell NCIS because ... ? And please, somebody give Beale back his maturity and dignity. What happened to the Beale of the earlier seasons who was a geeky nerd, but wasn't a blithering idiot? And anyone else notice the similarity between Kensi's pool action and Callen's in High Value Target (S8)? (It was like Deeks' escape in Mother which was a remake of Callen's run in Callen, G.)

The ONLY redeeming factor was DeChamps. She was a breath of fresh air in an episode that was sinking from its own stupidity.

Looking forward to next week's episode. Bartels' stories are much better.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, 123BP said:

What happened to the Beale of the earlier seasons who was a geeky nerd, but wasn't a blithering idiot?

"Blithering idiot" is putting it mildly. I can't stand his OTT bullshit. Just shut up and do your job or better yet get another one.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, preeya said:

"Blithering idiot" is putting it mildly. I can't stand his OTT bullshit. Just shut up and do your job or better yet get another one.

Yeah, I just shake my head at the way this character is written.  It's like there is an 8 year old child in a man's body - I can't imagine any job where somebody who acts like that wouldn't be fired.   

• Love 5

I am seeming to think this whole episode is BLAH!  I've tried to watch it twice now, and been distracted by so many different things 😞 I much prefer Sam with De Champs than K/Catherine.  I find her to be an idiot and ultra annoying.  

Although I haven't seen this episode fully and properly yet (maybe tonight LOL), I have seen the preview for next week and I am looking forward to what it might bring.  I am also looking forward to when ECO's hair cut comes onto our screens, because at the moment, he looks like a walking floor mop with his straggling, ridiculous mop of hair!  

• Love 2

If the Saudis wanted to buy the software so badly, why didn't art insurance lady just sell it to them? You get all that extra money and nobody gets hurt because the software is never going to work anyways. Putting that aside, once the Saudis started threatening them and an employee was killed, why didn't she hire some security to protect her employees? She seems like a terrible boss and not very smart, but I don't think that was what the writer was going for at the end when she and Sam were making googly eyes at each other.

Also, why couldn't she tell NCIS that the Saudis were threatening the company beforehand and probably killed the guy? You could easily do that without revealing anything about the software. They just should have had her fronting for an NSA or CIA clandestine operation and under orders from the lord high muckity-mucks in the government not to reveal anything. It's been done a million times before, but at least gives her a motive to be starting the company in the first place, and gets you around most of the gaping holes in the plot.

If Eric is so traumatized by his previous undercover work that he can't do anything except work out in the gym, then he should have been relieved of duty on the spot and told not to come back until cleared by a shrink. Is Nate still around?

The Saudis invade a company, rough up the employees and kidnap the boss, then make their escape in a vehicle that is easily traced back to their hideout. Then they start torturing the poor guy in the backyard swimming pool where anybody passing by can hear them. Why weren't they inside, dunking his head in a toilet like any self-respecting terrorist would do? Is this secret agent amateur hour? They need some lessons from the evil North Koreans pronto.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ymeagain said:

All I can say is someone obviously is dedicated to their blog, it took me 3 tries to make it through the episode and evidently my attention span sucked because I still didn't pay anywhere near this much attention to the episode.  Jaffe is certainly a crappy writer.  I wonder why they persist with her rubbish? 

Edited by LittlePeas3
pathetic typing skills
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Jaffe is certainly a crappy writer.  I wonder why they persist with her rubbish?

Agree that her writing sucks. She's an executive producer, so that may be the reason her junk airs, but I wish SOMEONE would "fix" her stuff. It's just awful.