Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: There's a Place Where the Lost Things Go

• Start Topic

In order to deal with their recent trauma, Emma suggests the students participate in a group simulation that transports them to a film noir world. Hope, Josie, Lizzie, MG, and Rafael quickly learn they must confront their conflicts head-on or risk facing the game's catastrophic consequences.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/12/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

This may have been one of my least favorite episodes... Nothing surprising easily explained.. And the biggest shock wasn't dark Josie as we all knew sge was coming.. It was what does the necromancer have to do with Raf?.. Is he dead... Is he a zombie wolf now?...  But no we had a seemingly "super cool" outro for dark Josie because we needed that... And Dorian isn't even on his goodbye episode?  Wth??? 

• Love 2

And in an episode without him.. The vast majority of Hope and Rafael's dialogue was about Landon... Smh... Turned RAF into a perpetually suffering cheerleader... Watch him find out he's really dead and that's how the Necromancer is controlling him or something else equally horrible next week... Like his mom is a psycho wolf.. Or a new girl we've never seen before takes a liking to him.. But she gets killed by hope for reasons...  So will forever be the story of Rafael "Bennett" Waithe

Edited by UNOSEZ
  • Love 1

They might as well kiss Rafael, I think they would be putting him out of his misery. He has mostly been ignored or misused. 

It looks like it might be a future for MG and Lizzie, I guess we'll see.

Can Karen David sing every episode? Her voice is so lovely- I miss Galavant.

Poor Raf can’t catch a break.

MG deserves better than Lizzie. She’s always treated him like crap.

I missed Landon. He always brings some comic relief in the show- same with Kaleb.

• Love 3

Great, so we're getting rid of two more POC. And to add insult to injury, we didn't even get to see Dorian before he leaves.

Although I liked the noir aesthetic and the costumes (everyone looked great in the simulation!), overall this was a miss for me. We already knew that Josie was going full Dark Willow so this episode felt like filler.

And poor MG. Even after Lizzie realized that she treats him like crap, she is still cuddling up to him. It's fine if she doesn't reciprocate his feelings but she doesn't need to exacerbate the situation like that.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Great, so we're getting rid of two more POC. And to add insult to injury, we didn't even get to see Dorian before he leaves.

This... And you mentioned MG and his horrid treatment by Lizzy which he somehow said was OK... Mind blowing... And then the True Minority Martyr of the show... Rafael, who apparently couldn't get to talk about all his actual pain or issues because he needed to tell the girl he's into to chase his best friend... Why I thought Julie Plec would change is beyond me. 

• Love 2

Normally I love the noir retro style, and that this show has some fun with different genres and styles, but this one didnt really work for me. Maybe because it didnt really tell us anything we didnt know. Raf is being affected by the Necromancer, Josie is going dark, Hope has a hero complex, etc. At least we got to hear Karen David sing! She sounded wonderful, it made me nostalgic for the Galavant days! Sadly now she and Dorian are leaving because...I have no clue. The kids are better than adults at fending monsters off? Not exactly untrue, but not very responsible as educators. Everyone looked great in the noir clothes at least. 

Landon not being around struck me as really weird. He certainly has enough trauma to warrant magic therapy, even when he has cool new wings to play with! Especially at the end, when Josie was being locked up, you would think that, as her ex she is on good terms with and friend, someone would let him know what is going on. He is just outside right? Is the actor busy with another project or something, his absence just felt so conspicuous in a plot that should really involve him. Plus, without him or Kaleb around, we lose a lot of comic relief. 

Of course thats better than what poor Raf gets. Even when he is actually around, he is dicked around, put on the back burner, and forgotten about. 

MG, you can do a lot better. I love Lizzie, but she has always treated him pretty crappily, he should find someone who really appreciates him. Anyone seen that Medusa girl lately? 

Josie is now DARTH JOSIE, complete with an evil wardrobe change, and evil dark veins of DOOM! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Josie is now DARTH JOSIE, complete with an evil wardrobe change, and evil dark veins of DOOM! 

Edited 15 minutes ago by tennisgurl

Yeah she was wayyyy too on the nose for me.. I preferred how she was in the prison world.. Cold but effective.. Not some smirking bad girl with tons of CGI slo-mo walk away.. Especially as she's back next week so why flame on and destroy the place... Ugh

As for RAF... Well I said it already.. But I really think he's gonna see he's been killed.. Unless the Necromancer got a new skill to control living ppl

• Love 1
11 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

This... And you mentioned MG and his horrid treatment by Lizzy which he somehow said was OK... Mind blowing... And then the True Minority Martyr of the show... Rafael, who apparently couldn't get to talk about all his actual pain or issues because he needed to tell the girl he's into to chase his best friend... Why I thought Julie Plec would change is beyond me. 

The disrespect is wild lol.

Worst episode of the season so far.  The only good thing was no Landon, but then Hope goes and spends all her time talking about him anyway.  I like Hope, except when she's with or obsessing over Landon.  Free Hope.

I do like Dark Josie.  I wonder if Jade will end up having a role in bringing her back.  They are clearly setting up something between those two.  There is some chemistry there and I'm curious to see where that goes. 

On the other hand, I sure hope they are not planning on getting MG and Lizzie together.  He deserves better.  Free MG.

• Love 3
On 3/14/2020 at 7:54 PM, jewel21 said:

Ugh, I hate these black and white 'film noir' episodes. They bore me to death, and this episode was no exception. 

there is only one show that i have ever enjoyed the noir episode which was Fringe. This doesn't even come close. I was bored most of the ep with the exception of Karen David singing!

• Love 1